Are You Ready To Repent?

TheLionOfGod

May 9, 2012
✟374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Addiction To Sin and Evil At one point in my life here on earth I was addicted to sin and evil. So much to the point that I even stopped lying to myself and God about it. I told God that not only was I addicted to sin and evil but I loved it. I told God the truth. That I loved sin and evil more than I loved him. In fact at that point in time the truth was that I did not love God at all. I used God. I took God for granted. All I wanted was what I wanted. I could have cared less about how God felt or what he wanted. At that time I wasn't even aware that God had feelings just like I did. All God was to me was a meal ticket. A free ride to where ever I dreamed I could go. He was my escape goat.

I was addicted to sin and evil.

I will try to help anyone who wants to try to break their addiction to sin and evil. Even if it is to repent from just 1 sin.

You can email me through this web site.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

While initial salvation is by grace through faith without works (Eph. 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Rom. 4:1-5), initially saved people must have both faith & continued works of faith (1 Thes. 1:3, Gal. 5:6b, Titus 3:8) (not works of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law) if they're to obtain ultimate salvation (Rom. 2:6-8, Jas. 2:24, Mt. 7:21, 25:26,30, Philip. 2:12b, 3:11-14, 2 Cor. 5:9, Rev. 22:14, Heb. 5:9, 6:10-12, 2 Pet. 1:10-11, Jn. 15:2a). For believers must actually continue to do righteous deeds if they're to continue to be righteous (1 Jn. 3:7, Jas. 2:24,26).

---

1 Jn. 1:9 applies not only to the 1-time initial confession of past sins when people 1st get saved, but also to already-saved people subsequently confessing & asking for forgiveness every day (Mt. 6:11-12, Lk. 11:3-4) for any as-yet-unconfessed sins they might have committed subsequent to their getting saved. For faith in Jesus' blood only remits sins that are past (Rom. 3:25-26), as in sins which have been repented from & confessed to God (1 Jn. 1:9,7). Jesus' sacrificial blood doesn't remit unrepentant sin (Heb. 10:26-29). So a saved person can in the end lose his salvation if he wrongly employs his free will to commit unrepentant sin (Heb. 10:26-29, 1 Cor. 9:27, Lk. 12:45-46).

All Christians sin at least in some way every day. That's why they're told to pray (Mt. 6:9a) not only for their bread every day (Mt. 6:11) but also for the forgiveness of their sins every day (Lk. 11:4). And this forgiveness will be granted only if they've also forgiven all those who've ever wronged them (Mt. 6:14-15), and if they've also made every possible effort (Rom. 12:18) to make amends to all those whom they've ever wronged & who could still be holding a grudge against them (Mt. 5:23-26). Christians should be continually striving to have a conscience completely void of offense toward both God & all people (Acts 24:16).

---

It's only if saved people perfectly love God that they won't misbehave (1 Jn. 5:3, Jn. 14:21-24) & so won't have any fear of any impending punishment from God for any misbehavior (1 Jn. 4:18). But if they become so wicked they lose all their fear of God (Ps. 36:1, 10:13), & so continue to misbehave without repentance, then they do need to fear impending punishment from God in the form of temporal chastisement (Heb. 12:6). And if they refuse to repent even after receiving temporal chastisement (Rev. 3:19, 2:21), then they need to fear God's ability to ultimately cast them into hell (Lk. 12:5) for their unrepentant misbehavior (Heb. 10:26-29, Lk. 12:45-46).

---

A Christian repenting from & confessing an act of sin to God doesn't crucify Jesus again, but allows that act of sin to be forgiven (1 Jn. 1:9) through faith in Jesus' 1-time crucifixion (Rom. 3:25-26, Heb. 10:12).

---

Heb. 10:10,14 means the once-for-all-time offering of Jesus' body on the Cross has sanctified & perfected believers. But the perfect tense doesn't denote permanence. E.g., if someone says in the perfect tense: "I have washed my child", this doesn't mean the child has been made permanently clean. For after having been washed, the child can wrongly employ his free will to go out & play in the mud. Similarly, washed believers (1 Cor. 6:11) can wrongly employ their free will to go back to wallowing in the mire of sin without repentance (2 Pet. 2:20-22, 2 Cor. 12:20-21), to the ultimate loss of their salvation (Heb. 10:26-29, 1 Cor. 9:27, Lk. 12:45-46). Also, the "forever" in Heb. 10:14 doesn't denote a permanent perfection, but how the once-for-all-time offering of Jesus is perpetually applied in the ongoing & eternal process by which believers are "being sanctified" (Heb. 10:14, see the original Greek tense), so long as they're continuing to repent from & confess to God every sin they might commit (1 Jn. 1:9,7, Heb. 10:26-29).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

1 Cor. 3:15 refers only to the loss of reward for the work of spiritually building up a church congregation (1 Cor. 3:8-17), if that work is done in a faulty manner by focusing on the merely-temporal "wood, hay, stubble" (1 Cor. 3:12) of human, worldly wisdom (1 Cor. 3:18-20) and the glorying in human leaders of the church (1 Cor. 3:4,21), instead of focusing on Jesus and the everlasting wisdom of his Word (1 Cor. 2:2-3:23, 1 Pet. 1:23-25). 1 Cor. 3:15 isn't contradicting the fact that if a saved person, whether a church builder or not, wrongly employs his free will to stop doing any good works whatsoever, to become utterly lazy without repentance, he will in the end lose his salvation (Mt. 25:26,30, Jn. 15:2). He will obtain ultimate salvation only if he patiently continues in good works and obedience unto the end (Rom. 2:6-8, Heb. 5:9, Jas. 2:24).

Upvote 0

Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To say that even one saved person can be lost, is to call Jesus Christ a liar.

A person receives the Holy Spirit when they hear and believe the gospel.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory Ephesians 1:13-14

Receiving the Holy Spirit shows that God has accepted them.

Acts 15:8
God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

Jesus will lose none the Father gives Him. And that is the Fathers will.

John 6:37-39
37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Upvote 0

TheLionOfGod

May 9, 2012
✟374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No matter how many times you tell God the same thing over and over. God does not ever believe any lies.

If you are not telling God the truth when you pray to him he will not believe you.

I thought this information might come in handy to any of you when you talk to God next time. If you were not aware that God never believes a lie.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Eph. 1:13 can refer to Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 11:16), which occurs sometime after coming into faith (Acts 19:2a,6), whereas some lesser measure of the Spirit must be received by anyone before they can believe (1 Cor. 2:11-16). Believers usually have to ask to receive the Holy Spirit (Lk. 11:13b) baptism, for it isn't usually automatically given to them the moment they become believers; that's why Paul asked some believers: "Have ye received the Holy Spirit since ye believed?" (Acts 19:2). Believers usually receive Holy Spirit baptism through prayer accompanied by the laying on of hands, subsequent to water baptism (Acts 8:15-17, 19:5-6). Holy Spirit baptism won't result in speaking in tongues for everyone (1 Cor. 12:30), but for almost everyone, as tongues are 1 of the Spirit's lesser gifts (1 Cor. 12:8-11,28, 14:5).

Many believers haven't yet experienced Holy Spirit baptism simply because they haven't yet asked for it, under the principle of "ye have not, because ye ask not" (Jas. 4:2b). Many believers haven't yet asked for it because they've come under the influence of mistaken teachings which say it's no longer in effect. Believers can get hands laid on them to receive Holy Spirit baptism at, e.g., a Pentecostal-type or charismatic-type congregation.

Everyone, both believers & unbelievers, has some minimal measure of God's Spirit by which they're able to exist (Acts 17:28, Ps. 104:30). Believers have some greater measure of the Spirit by which they're able to understand & believe the scriptures (1 Cor. 2:12-16, Jn. 20:22, Lk. 24:45-47). Believers who've received Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 11:16, 19:2a,6) have an even greater measure of the Spirit by which they're able to operate in the Spirit's gifts (1 Cor. 12:8-11). Because he's God (Jn. 1:1,14), Jesus has the Spirit in an infinite amount, beyond measure (Jn. 3:34).

---

Eph. 1:14 means the measure of the Spirit believers have received now is like a down payment until their future, bodily redemption into immortality at the 2nd coming (Rom. 8:23-25, Philip. 3:20-21, Lk. 24:39, 1 Cor. 15:21-23,51-53). But this future redemption isn't assured for every believer, just as, e.g., a down payment on a house doesn't always assure the future, purchase-in-full will take place, instead of it being cancelled for some reason (e.g. because of the sellers willfully ruining the house after receiving the down payment & before the purchase-in-full has taken place). For the Holy Spirit doesn't take away believers' free will. So if they wrongly employ their free will to quench the Spirit (1 Thes. 5:19) & do something like committing apostasy, or engaging in some sin without repentance, or becoming utterly lazy without repentance, they'll be cast away in the end (Heb. 6:4-8, 10:26-29, Mt. 25:26,30, 1 Cor. 9:27).

---

Jn. 6:37a means the Father gives to Jesus those who'll believe even before they believe. Election precedes belief (Acts 13:48b, Rom. 11:28). Jn. 6:37b applies to those believers who continue to believe (Jn. 15:6, Heb. 3:6,12,14), do good works (John 15:2a, Rom. 2:6-8), & repent from any sins they might commit (Lk. 13:3) unto the end (Mt. 24:13, 1 Cor. 9:27), for Jesus will ultimately cast out some initially saved people because of such things as unrepentant sin (Heb. 10:26-29), unrepentant laziness (Jn. 15:2a), or apostasy (Heb. 6:4-8), at the judgment of the church at the 2nd coming (Lk. 12:45-46, Mt. 25:26,30, Mk. 8:35-38).

Also, resurrection in itself doesn't assure a resurrection unto eternal life, for one can be resurrected unto damnation (Jn. 5:29). This applies even to the elect, for even though they all get initially saved at some point during their lifetime (Acts 13:48b, Jn. 6:37a) & Jesus won't physically lose any of them, but will physically resurrect all of them (Jn. 6:39) at his 2nd coming (1 Cor. 15:21-23), some of them will be resurrected unto damnation (Jn. 5:29), unto shame & everlasting contempt (Dan. 12:2), because of such things as unrepentant sin (Heb. 10:26-29), unrepentant laziness (Mt. 25:26,30), or apostasy (Heb. 6:4-8).

Upvote 0