Are You Ready To Repent?

Bouke285

It's not a sin to be wrong, but be wrong humbly!
Jul 3, 2008
Minnesota
Visit site
✟7,993.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I smell a legalist =D

(Ephesians 2:8-9) - "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."
(Rom. 3:20, 28) - "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."
(Galatians 2:16) - "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

The sanctification comes after justification. True repentance is needed for true faith, but to be saved on the idea one stopped committing a sin, not a solid foundation. Christ alone saved the damned.

In your proof text, Luke 13:3 Jesus was countering the idea that most Jews in that day had. They believed one who suffered the worst had committed the worst sins. Jesus was bringing them all onto equal ground, you too will all perish unless you repent, just like they did. He wasn't trying to define salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheLionOfGod

May 9, 2012
✟374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

The way to overcome sin...Repentance through Jesus

The Truth will make you free from sin...Repentance through Jesus

A life without sin...Repentance through Jesus

The only way to God...Repentance through Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today is a good day to start repenting from your sins. Are You Ready To Repent?

Luke, Chapter 13, 3: I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Tis as good a day as any

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

docpotter

Too blessed to be stressed
Jul 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟17,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Replace your addiction to SIN with an addiction to GOD.
That is really the key. We need to saturate ourselves with the things of God daily.

To let your guard down , even for a short time , can be very dangerous.

Upvote 0

TheLionOfGod

May 9, 2012
✟374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I smell a legalist =D

(Ephesians 2:8-9) - "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."
(Rom. 3:20, 28) - "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."
(Galatians 2:16) - "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

The sanctification comes after justification. True repentance is needed for true faith, but to be saved on the idea one stopped committing a sin, not a solid foundation. Christ alone saved the damned.

In your proof text, Luke 13:3 Jesus was countering the idea that most Jews in that day had. They believed one who suffered the worst had committed the worst sins. Jesus was bringing them all onto equal ground, you too will all perish unless you repent, just like they did. He wasn't trying to define salvation.

Are you ready to repent from any of your sins? Without the idea of it saving you from your sins?

Upvote 0

TheLionOfGod

May 9, 2012
✟374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is really the key. We need to saturate ourselves with the things of God daily.

To let your guard down , even for a short time , can be very dangerous.

Give us a list of the things of the devil. Then give us a list of the things of God so as the new Christians can compare what they seek in their life to them and see where they need to repent and change their priorities.

Upvote 0

TheLionOfGod

May 9, 2012
✟374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am going to give you new Christians the secret to great success. God told me about it. And now I will pass it on to you.

Stop doing as much evil as you can. Every day all day long. Practice this from the time you get up in the morning till the time you go to bed at night.

It will make you rich and famous in the Kingdom of God.

If you overcome sin and endure till the end.

Upvote 0