ARE YOU READY FOR THE MARK OF THE BEAST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You keep misquoting Jesus as He addressed the Pharisees about their made up traditions they had that deviated from true Scripture. But Jesus was not saying not to follow the Apostolic Tradition. You fail to make that distinction which is crucial to this discussion.

Well that is not true brother. I have stated from the very start that JESUS was talking to the Pharisees (not the Apostles) and quoted scripture from JESUS and the Apostles, showing that all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

In response you try to quote sources outside of the bible that are not God's WORD. Who should we believe, you or God's WORD? I know who I believe and follow. You have not provided a single scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Yet here you are promoting a tradition of the RCC in place of the very Word of God which is in direct reference to MATTHEW 15:3-9. I know who I believe brother, and I say with all respect; It is not you. Did you have any scriptures to share in relation to the OP?

Gods Sheep Hear His Voice (the Word of God)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well that is not true brother. I have stated from the very start that JESUS was talking to the Pharisees (not the Apostles) and quoted scripture from JESUS and the Apostles, showing that all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

In response you try to quote sources outside of the bible that are not God's WORD. Who should we believe, you or God's WORD? I know who I believe and follow. You have not provided a single scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Yet here you are promoting a tradition of the RCC in place of the very Word of God which is in direct reference to MATTHEW 15:3-9. I know who I believe brother, and I say with all respect; It is not you. Did you have any scriptures to share in relation to the OP?

Gods Sheep Hear His Voice (the Word of God)
If you know the context of the passage then why do you reject Christian tradition? I'll tell you why: its the only way to defend your views. When you are forced to reject 1st and 2nd century Christian sources that's a sign that its time to leave the SDA church. Ignatius of Antioch isn't wrong. Ellen White was wrong.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you know the context of the passage then why do you reject Christian tradition?

Good question. :)

JESUS says in MATTHEW 15:3-9 that if we knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God than we are not following God. Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching handed down from the ROMANS CATHOLIC Church to Christianity that has lead many to disregard and break God's 4th commandment. There is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is in the NEW COVENANT *ROAMANS 3:20 has been abolished as there is no scripture in all of God's WORD that states we must not keep Sunday as a Holy day. This all being the case, who should we believe and follow? JESUS says those who choose to knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God. So for this reason I choose to follow JESUS and the Word of God.

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], And he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?
[4], For God said, Honor thy father and thy mother: and, He that speaketh evil of father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But ye say, whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, That wherewith thou mightest have been profited by me is given to God ;
[6], he shall not honor his father. And ye have made void the word of God because of your tradition.
[7], Ye hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
[8], This people honoreth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.

In times of ignorance God winks at and does not hold us accountable for sin if we do not know it is sin *JAMES 4:17 but when he gives has a knowlege of His Word he calls us to believe and follow His Word *ACTS 17:30-31. If we have been given a knowledge of the truth and reject it and continue in something we now know to be sin then we become an "UNBELIEVER" in God's Word and stand guilty before God of sin, and no UNBEIEVER or anyone who continues in known unrepentant sin will enter the kingdom of Heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son (the Word) *ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good question. :)

JESUS says in MATTHEW 15:3-9 that if we knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God than we are not following God. Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching handed down from the ROMANS CATHOLIC Church to Christianity that has lead many to disregard and break God's 4th commandment. There is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is in the NEW COVENANT *ROAMANS 3:20 has been abolished as there is no scripture in all of God's WORD that states we must not keep Sunday as a Holy day. This all being the case, who should we believe and follow? JESUS says those who choose to knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God. So for this reason I choose to follow JESUS and the Word of God.

You clearly know next to nothing about Christian history. For the first 1000 years of Christianity there is only one universal Catholic church. The great schism of 1054 A.D. was the first split. That was the split between east and west.
I quoted from 1st and 2nd century sources. Those sources interpret expressions like "the Lord'S Day" for us. The sources are highly trusted Christian sources. In fact, much more reliable than Ellen White.

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.
Perhaps, but what has that have to do with only God's WORD being true? Nothing.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

When we say Universal Church, what do we mean. Universal means embracing all that is; universal Church means mixing all Churches into one and includes any who accept the authority of the Pope. Most Christians, although apostate, do not accept the authority of the Pope which is heresy. Remember a false church is one who uses Christ's name but not His commandments. Sunday is the veritable day of the sun. Jesus's church is not universal but very exclusive.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You keep misquoting Jesus as He addressed the Pharisees about their made up traditions they had that deviated from true Scripture. But Jesus was not saying not to follow the Apostolic Tradition. You fail to make that distinction which is crucial to this discussion.
Exactly.
I have heard some imply that the Rich Man in Luke 16 as the Pope, and the Great City in Revelation as Rome/Vatican City, mainly because of the use of "fine linen and purple", which are colors some Christian denominational Priests wear during church service.
I wonder how the OP views this...........

Reve 18:16 "woe! woe! the great City arrayed with fine linen, purple

Luk 16:19
“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.

Rev 18:12

“merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet, every kind of citron wood, every kind of object of ivory, every kind of object of most precious wood, bronze, iron, and marble;
Rev 18:16
“and saying, ‘woe woe! that great City that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!
==================================
This commentator of the covenantle parable/story identifies the Rich Man "JUDAH", hich would make that great City in Revelation 1st century Jerusalem [there are no longer Jewish High Priests, Sadducees or Pharisees around today]

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

The self-righteous Pharisees and scribes
, acknowledged by Yeshua as the legitimate religious teachers of the Jews (Matt. 23:1-3), should have been the ones telling these people of God's love for them. They should have been the ones teaching these sinners, exhorting them to return to God and receive His love and forgiveness. However, because of their faith in their own righteousness and their contempt for these tax collectors and sinners who didn't measure up to their standards, the Pharisees and scribes excluded them and considered them accursed (John 7:49).

Afterward, speaking primarily to his disciples but with the Pharisees
(and probably the crowd) still listening in, Yeshua related the parable of the unjust steward (Luke 16:1-13). The Pharisees, who were "lovers of money" (Luke 16:14), realized that the Messiah was alluding to them with this parable and took offense. They scoffed at Yeshua. The final part of his response to the derision of the Pharisees and scribes was the parable of Lazarus and the rich man.

Luke 16:19
A certain Man was rich and clothed<1737> in purple and fine linen making-merry down to a-day, shiningly<2988> [Matt 22:11]

We begin by scrutinizing the description Yeshua gives us of the rich man. First, he tells us that this man was clothed in purple and fine linen. This type of clothing would not have been out of the ordinary for one of considerable wealth during this time period. However, this attire also has symbolic meaning. The Eerdmans Bible Dictionary says: "The wearing of purple was associated particularly with royalty . . ." (p. 863, "Purple"). In addition, the New Bible Dictionary tells us: "The use of linen in OT times was prescribed for priests (Ex. 28:39). The coat, turban and girdle must be of fine linen." (p. 702, "Linen").

So we see that the garments worn by this rich man were symbolic of royalty and the priesthood. With that in mind, let's see what God told Moses just before giving the Israelites the Law on Mount Sinai:
EXODUS 19:6 And ye shall be to me a royal priesthood and a holy nation: these words shalt thou speak to the children of Israel. (Brenton's LXX)
The clothing of the rich man identifies him symbolically with the people of Israel, chosen by God to be His special people. They were called to be a witness to the nations surrounding them, confirming the blessings available to those who would obey God and keep His laws. Unfortunately, they frequently did not live up to the high calling given to them by God. Eventually He sent them into captivity for their refusal to honor their part of the covenant ratified at Mount Sinai. At the time of Yeshua, only the House of Judah continued to have a covenant relationship with God. The rich man in this parable represents the religious Jews of Yeshua's day, exemplified by their teachers, the Pharisees and scribes.

Verse 19 also tells us that the rich man "fared sumptuously every day." Figuratively, this represents the magnificent spiritual feast available only to the Jews, who were the sole remaining part of God's called people, Israel. In the 1st century CE, they were the only people on earth who had the true religion. Indeed, Paul recounts the glorious station of the House of Judah in Romans 9:

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. I have heard some imply that the Rich Man in Luke 16 as the Pope, and the Great City in Revelation as Rome/Vatican City, mainly because of the use of "fine linen and purple", which are colors some Christian denominational Priests wear during church service. I wonder how the OP views this...........

Luke 16 is not talking about the Pope.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DEUTERONOMY 6:5-8
5, And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6, And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7, And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when thou rises up. 8, And you shall bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as front lets between thine eyes.

NOTE: v8 has an interesting parallel with REVELATION 13:16:17 and

REVELATION 14:9-10 [9], And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, [10], The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb

You are getting warmer. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If ready you mean saved by Jesus Christ then yes .
I will not be here when the mark of the beast is implemented.
The Church will not be here during the 7 year tribulation.
However many will receive Christ as Saviour during that time and many will be martyrs for refusing to worship the Anti-christ.

The Church removal can be found in 1st. Thessalonians 4:12-18 and 1st Corinthians 15:50-54

All will be here for the great tribulation .... but it will be cut short for the sake of the elect.

Matthew 24

The Abomination of Desolation
(Mark 13:14–23; Luke 21:20–24)

15So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

19How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath. 21For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again.

22 If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.23At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ! or ‘There He is! do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25See, I have told you in advance.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are getting warmer. ;)
Hi TS, thank you. God's Word is were we find warmth when we are cold as it is written our God is a consuming fire to sin *DEUTERONOMY 4:24; HEBREWS 10:26-31; HEBREWS 12:29.

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think the great tribulation will be like Eleos?

Mark 13:19
English Standard Version
For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be.

When one looks at biblical history (and human history in general) and all the atrocities that have happened it's going to be horrendous ... but the good news .... it will be cut short.

Matthew 24
21For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mark 13:19
English Standard Version
For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be.

When one looks at biblical history (and human history in general) and all the atrocities that have happened it's going to be horrendous ... but the good news .... it will be cut short.

Matthew 24
21For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.
This is not speaking of the end times. It was about the great tribulation of the Jews in 70AD. Jesus said when you (the disciples) see these things, leave the region. Which they did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is not speaking of the end times. It was about the great tribulation of the Jews in 70AD. Jesus said when you (the disciples) see these things, leave the region. Which they did.
What makes you think that it is not speaking of the end times and that the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD is the great tribulation? A lot has happened after 70 AD and yet to happen before the second coming of which Matthew 24 is talking about.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What makes you think that it is not speaking of the end times and that the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD is the great tribulation? A lot has happened after 70 AD and yet to happen before the second coming of which Matthew 24 is talking about.

Matthew 24:29-31

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:29-31

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Thanks for sharing that Eleos, I think many may not see. All the prophecies of Matthew 24 need to be fulfilled before the second coming.

• Agree
Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟438,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing that Eleos, I think many may not see. All the prophecies of Matthew 24 need to be fulfilled before the second coming.
Does anyone disagree that Jesus was speaking to his disciples during the Olivet Discourse?
1Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. 2And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”
Matthew 26: 1When Jesus had finished all these words, He said to His disciples,

Luke 21:25“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27“Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. 28“But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

For goodness sake, doesn't anyone in the Church believe that Christ and the Holy Spirit understood grammar? So, based on a simple understanding of nouns and pronouns, who is the pronoun "your" referring to?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone disagree that Jesus was speaking to his disciples during the Olivet Discourse?
1Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. 2And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”
Matthew 26: 1When Jesus had finished all these words, He said to His disciples,

Luke 21:25“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27“Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. 28“But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

For goodness sake, doesn't anyone in the Church believe that Christ and the Holy Spirit understood grammar? So, based on a simple understanding of nouns and pronouns, who is the pronoun "your" referring to?

Hi Ed, according to the scriptures... Gods' Word is for God's people living in the now. God is the God of the living not the dead. They were not written just for the disciples but for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come. Have all the signs been fulfilled? Nope. Let me know if I have not understood your post.

God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.