Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Truthfully? Are you? If yes then why? There is nothing to fear.
I am not. I used to be. But not since knowing Jesus. Before i became a Christian i felt so lost and groundless. How utterly fabulous to have surety and comfort to know all is well no matter what happens.
And life. I value each precious day. I never used to. Not before i knew about the Light of the World. Of course i have problems and challenges, big ones actually. But they do not crush me and threaten to destroy me like they used to. I used to get so depressed. Now i do get my down days when i temporarily get anxious but i know what to do. Pray! Hand my bundle of worries to Lord Jesus and then trust. Always i feel better.
To trust in God, to do my best to spread His good news and joy is an incredible privilege. Life is so worth living. No matter what.
What drug therapy can do this? And no side effects.
What freedom it is to not fear death and darkness any more? To know eternal light-filled life awaits us and that we will meet Jesus.
Therefore as a Christian i can value life yet welcome death. In the most wholesome positive healthy way.

Anyone who scoffs, the atheists and non believers, need only look around and see. There really is no need to suffer one's life through and then go fearfully into the unknown darkness. Jesus Christ is our shepherd, our Leader and our Light.

• Agree
Reactions: Matthew 24 10

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not at all afraid of dying and actually I long for heaven. As far as being afraid in itself and how I die, I firmly believe that at the actual time, God will give me the strength to endure however it is that I will die.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remember to forgive All of Your enemies and those who have hurt You as Jesus have forgiven You. If it feels too hard ask The Holy Spirit to Help You. It might feel a bit panicky a few seconds to get without breath but You will soon be with the Lord if You are a Christian. However we are needed here and now. So don't go dying now You might get permanent braininjuries and hard to move half of Your body in worst case. People are revived with heartmashines these days. Let God take care of the time and the date.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, not afraid of it at all. I have a genetic disorder that weakens the blood vessels and other connective tissues (called Marfan Syndrome). My dad died from it at 39, so I have had to come to terms with it earlier in life than some. I used to struggle with the idea, but since being saved, I have total peace with it.
The only part I struggle with now, is leaving my beloved soul mate behind. She has a very strong faith, but I know it will be very hard on her. She doesn't even like to talk about it.
The peace and joy I have come to know through a personal relationship with Him is unmeasurable, all Glory to Him, our Father who art in Heaven!
I love this song, plays in my head a lot.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not. I used to be. But not since knowing Jesus. Before i became a Christian i felt so lost and groundless. How utterly fabulous to have surety and comfort to know all is well no matter what happens.
And life. I value each precious day. I never used to. Not before i knew about the Light of the World. Of course i have problems and challenges, big ones actually. But they do not crush me and threaten to destroy me like they used to. I used to get so depressed. Now i do get my down days when i temporarily get anxious but i know what to do. Pray! Hand my bundle of worries to Lord Jesus and then trust. Always i feel better.
To trust in God, to do my best to spread His good news and joy is an incredible privilege. Life is so worth living. No matter what.
What freedom it is to not fear death and darkness any more? To know eternal light-filled life awaits us and that we will meet Jesus.
Therefore as a Christian i can value life yet welcome death. In the most wholesome positive healthy way.

Anyone who scoffs, the atheists and non believers, need only look around and see. There really is no need to suffer one's life through and then go fearfully into the unknown darkness. Jesus Christ is our shepherd, our Leader and our Light.
I shall quote the great Apostle Paul: "To live is Christ and to die is gain! " Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Nice post.

I guess
I'm not afraid to die
but, I really don't want to.

Actually, I have been working on this lately with the help of the Holy Spirit.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am afraid to die without having served the Lord the way I should. I do not want to appear at the judgment seat of Christ with wood, hay and stubble. The magnitude of eternity and the amazing grace of God that He would grant us the opportunity to earn eternal rewards is overwhelming! I know that the Holy Spirit will empower me to do all of the good works that God has prepared in advance for me to do. I know I need to trust that He will empower me to do it because I know I can't do it on my own. There is such peace in believing that:

Romans 15:13

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soul-searching

Jan 27, 2018
Denmark
✟55,820.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think we will only know when we lie on our death bed, if i think about death now, i will be afraid, but maybe i will be in so much pain that i long for death when my time comes, who knows. I do believe that being afraid is human, even though we say we will not, and even though we know we should not cling to this life, i think a lot of us will be afraid in a way when we draw our last breaths, but it could also be the opposite. I think it can only be answered when we are in the situation.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, not afraid of it at all. I have a genetic disorder that weakens the blood vessels and other connective tissues (called Marfan Syndrome). My dad died from it at 39, so I have had to come to terms with it earlier in life than some. I used to struggle with the idea, but since being saved, I have total peace with it.
The only part I struggle with now, is leaving my beloved soul mate behind. She has a very strong faith, but I know it will be very hard on her. She doesn't even like to talk about it.
The peace and joy I have come to know through a personal relationship with Him is unmeasurable, all Glory to Him, our Father who art in Heaven!
I love this song, plays in my head a lot.
I know what you mean; I have had heart surgery; John 14.27; Psalm 46.1. (I don't like the idea of my wife being left on her own, either; we need to make this a matter of specific prayer now, if the Lord takes us before He takes our wives.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think we will only know when we lie on our death bed, if i think about death now, i will be afraid, but maybe i will be in so much pain that i long for death when my time comes, who knows. I do believe that being afraid is human, even though we say we will not, and even though we know we should not cling to this life, i think a lot of us will be afraid in a way when we draw our last breaths, but it could also be the opposite. I think it can only be answered when we are in the situation.
John 14.1-27 is a great strengthening passage for the believer; and John's First Epistle (only 5, short chapters, but strong and intense) tells us how we can know we have eternal life. :)

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes and no. It was no, but my son's dad is dead. My son is 3 and loves me so much. He has separation anxiety at the moment and I have seen how distraught he gets. I don't want to die and have him lose the only Earthly parent he has. He would probably do fine but I want him to know how much he was loved before God calls me home.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
medflies (Mediterranean fruit flies)

It was a very sticky concoction with malathion in it.

Around 30 years ago many helicopters sprayed all of San Diego County I think for the same thing. Nasty stuff everyone was supposed to stay indoors and keep their windows shut.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not afraid to die. But I am afraid, in a sense, of wasting the life and time God has given and planned for my repentance and salvation.

I don't think you can really know how you feel about dying until you have to face it. I was given that gift, through a diagnosis and treatment options, that it was a very real possibility. Thanks be to God I am being returned to health, but it has taught me that there are no guarantees. We could any of us die at any moment through accident or unforeseen health issues. Speaking of which, that is somewhat a fear - I want to see death coming and have time to prepare. But not a terror in the sense because I do know the Lord and I trust Him in knowing all our times and loving us and having mercy.

My biggest regret would be the people I leave behind. It feels like I would miss maybe getting to hold a grandchild someday, and enjoying the relationship with my daughter that has been restored, but truthfully I believe that if we die in God's friendship we would have no such pain of missing anyone once we move on. And if I am with Him, I can pray more effectively for all those I love. But I do regret how they would be left alone and I wouldn't be able to offer them what help I might in practical matters. I especially worry for my husband as I don't know that he would remarry, and I take care of some things for him that he might miss doing the details of on his own (taxes especially!) and he wouldn't do well to be alone for many years.

But all things in God's hands. I don't worry. Even as they keep testing and keep looking at suspicious results. It's really a gift, to be in such a position, and reminded of the truth that we so often tend to try to forget - we all WILL die. To do so with preparation and mindfulness of it all is the best way.

Upvote 0