Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Knew the city would be sprayed. Had intended to stay indoors. Not sure how many kids had been at my apartment, but possibly when the last one/s had left earlier, I had not locked my hallway door. One little girl was still there and we ate dinner. Her mom called me to let me know that she had gotten off work late and did not have time to come get her daughter before the spraying began. We agreed that she would just stay with me for a few more hours or so. We were about to end the call and could hear the choppers in the distance. The little girl ran out my door, hollering, mommy, mommy. Having to make super quick decisions now, I ran after her. Yelled for some others to get her, but she ran right on by them in the hallway. She got outside and part of the way home, then froze. She was scared of the noise of the helicopters. Prayed a few moments to God, because I knew I'd need to go out there and get her. Once outside, ran toward the one helicopter, waving my arms. Yelled at it to stop there is a little girl down here. Wait! It was now basically dark and he had his light on. Ran toward her to see what could be done to protect her. Was there a place to quickly put her? Could not see one, so told her to close her mouth and her eyes, because we are going to be hit. Do as I tell you! Keep them shut and do not talk until I say you can.
I covered her the best I could with myself to try to take the brunt of the mix that was coming down on us.
God bless you!!!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When I heard my door close, then I knew it had to be her going out of it. Did not tell her mom, just quickly ended our conversation. Thought, should I grab an umbrella or a blanket to try to cover her if she gets all the way outside of the building. Knew that getting those things would take up precious time, so didn't. I came up running behind her in the hallway, yelling at a few others to get that girl, get her now. Don't let her get by you! Stop her! Put something in her way, just keep her from getting outdoors. She went outside and we started to yell at her to come back. It was to no avail. She was so scared and crying that she would not even move back towards us at all. She lived in the next block over. She was about four years old.
Poor child. I'm sure her mother was VERY thankful for your protection of her.

Greater love hath no man than this - to lay down his life for another.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Medfly can destroy lots and lots of types of fruit. People are supposed to stay indoors, bring pets in, shut off the ac, close the windows, and I knew that. Things just did not go according to how I'd plan. Did not even expect any of the kids to still be at my house that late in the evening.
Had even what seemed like an NDE just a bit before my friend got to my apartment. When got up to let him in, he just stood there in that same hallway yelling as to what is wrong with you, what has happened to you, oh no. Kept trying to get him to be quiet and get inside, but he just kept hollering. Told him that I saw from my ceiling, okay, now get in here. He soon had me at the cardiologist and the people there were going help her, help her now. They did not even care about their appointments. My blood pressure was very low. The doctor came right away and started giving me stuff to get it back up and gave me oxygen. After time passed there that day, he set me up the next day to be at the hospital to have my heart taken down and try to jump it back to normal. Got there, waited and waited, seeing doctor after doctor, then was told nobody there was going to take a chance. Asked then. what I'm supposed to do next. They told me that I should go to the UCLA Medical Center and let them decide. I'd already been taken to emergency at that first hospital before and they freaked out, because my oxygen level was so low. I could hardly breathe. Felt as if I'd been fighting just to take one breath to the next. But after some time that day for hours or so getting oxygen, then seemed to be a whole lot better again. They were recording my heart rates at places as around 200-to just under 300. Not sure what the lowest reading was on my bp, but after getting help for a bit after that NDE, was told it was about 70 over 40, so doing better.
Had called my parents from the doctor's office to tell them how they were going to try to restart almost my heart. They were about 2000 miles away. I'm glad that they did not rush out, as it did not happen. The first hospital and UCLA refused to even try it.
Thank God it turned out ok. It sounds like you definitely have experience to consider how you feel about death.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I believe theres two kinds of christians, the ones who admit being afraid of dying and the ones who are but denies it.

All people, even those whos life sucks are afraid of death. Its the unfamiliar that scares us.

To be afraid of death is not to express disbelief in Christ. Remember even the Lord himself feared death and we believe he KNEW he would rise again.

Death is an enigma to us Christians. On one hand its a period, a final say.
On the other hand its the door into heaven.

Of course were afraid, but in our fear were not alone oh no. Christ is with us even if were walking through the valley of the shaddows.

Transformation is painful, but through it well see God.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
IMG_8664.JPG
Knew the city would be sprayed. Had intended to stay indoors. Not sure how many kids had been at my apartment, but possibly when the last one/s had left earlier, I had not locked my hallway door. One little girl was still there and we ate dinner. The little girl ran out my door, hollering, mommy, mommy. Having to make super quick decisions now, I ran after her. Yelled for some others to get her, but she ran right on by them in the hallway. She got outside and part of the way home, then froze. She was scared of the noise of the helicopters. Prayed a few moments to God, because I knew I'd need to go out there and get her. Once outside, ran toward the one helicopter, waving my arms. Yelled at it to stop there is a little girl down here. Wait! It was now basically dark and he had his light on. Ran toward her to see what could be done to protect her.

I think I was very much bothered with different poisons when I started to study to florist too. The flowers come from all over the world, South Africa, Asia, Australia, Africa and other areas where pesticides and other chemichals are not as restricted as in Europe and America. I ended up with breathing problems that reminded a bit of astma and red eyed that constantly came back when I handled flowers during study time. When my studies where over then the problems ceased if I did not cut flowers or have them close up in my eyes. I rather grow them myself without poisons.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Truthfully? Are you? If yes then why? There is nothing to fear.
I am not. I used to be. But not since knowing Jesus. Before i became a Christian i felt so lost and groundless. How utterly fabulous to have surety and comfort to know all is well no matter what happens.
And life. I value each precious day. I never used to. Not before i knew about the Light of the World. Of course i have problems and challenges, big ones actually. But they do not crush me and threaten to destroy me like they used to. I used to get so depressed. Now i do get my down days when i temporarily get anxious but i know what to do. Pray! Hand my bundle of worries to Lord Jesus and then trust. Always i feel better.
To trust in God, to do my best to spread His good news and joy is an incredible privilege. Life is so worth living. No matter what.
What drug therapy can do this? And no side effects.
What freedom it is to not fear death and darkness any more? To know eternal light-filled life awaits us and that we will meet Jesus.
Therefore as a Christian i can value life yet welcome death. In the most wholesome positive healthy way.

Anyone who scoffs, the atheists and non believers, need only look around and see. There really is no need to suffer one's life through and then go fearfully into the unknown darkness. Jesus Christ is our shepherd, our Leader and our Light.
I'm not really afraid of death. I am rather nervous about getting dead though.

• Haha
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums