• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are you a bad fruit whacker .....or a bad root cutter?

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In our fleshly bodies, we produce bad fruits. All of us. Some will struggle with easy-to-spot sins that ‘go before them’. Many others carry around sins that are not as easy to spot.... socially acceptable sins.... but sins none the less. Worldliness, greed, lack of love and compassion, unforgiveness, these are sins of the average everyday believer, and they are afflicted with sins ‘that go behind them’. Many will be shocked on the day of judgment when they hear the dreaded “Depart from me, all He that work iniquity” because following them into the throne room are all the sins they thought were minor ones. There are NO minor sins.

You see, if you are one of the first type, and you have struggled with drugs, or alcohol, or inappropriate content and sexual promiscuity, you are going to be surprised when I tell you you are blessed. Why? Because you are sick.... sin sick..... and you KNOW it. Do you remember the story about Jesus when He was questioned about why He hung around with people like ....well... you and me? What was His reply?

“The healthy have no need of a physician.”

Was He telling His audience that they had no need of Him, that they were spiritually well, and thus did not need a physician? Not at all. How do we know this to be true? Because ALL of our righteousness is as filthy rags. Because ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. No, what God was saying to us is that those with those hated outer sins, they are blessed! They KNOW that they need help!

God is fixing to do something to us, to all who love the Lord. He is about to awaken us to who we are in Christ..... new creatures.... and finally understand that because He lives in us, and the ‘old us’ is dead (read Romans 6), that sin no longer has authority over us. In the days to come, men and women who have struggled and been defeated by even the most addictive of sins are going to see their feet planted on the highway of holiness. They will experience the promise of God where He tells us that He will actually ‘cause us’ to walk as obedient children. (Ezekiel 36:27)

Let me explain. Our sins are bad fruits, fruits of our old nature. We have thus directed our efforts at fighting against the bad fruits. Alcoholicsa try to stop drinking. Drug addicts try to stop shooting up. inappropriate content addicts try to steer clear of the internet. As fast as the bad fruits appear, we try to knock off the bad fruit, thinking that if we have no bad fruits, we will ‘be good trees’. Is this not pretty much the truth?

First, let’s face it. Bad fruit cannot be stopped. We may experience temporary victory for a day or two, maybe even longer. But they always come back, don’t they? Why, if we are bad trees, what does a bad tree do? It grows bad fruit! That is its nature. A bad tree without any bad fruit is still a bad tree, amen? And if we are walking in our flesh, our old nature, no amount of abstinence will make our tree good.

So what is the solution? What does the Word tell us? The ax must be laid to the root of the tree. How do we begin to produce good fruits? We do exactly what God has told us to do. We make our tree good! Can a good tree without good fruit still be a good tree? Absolutely! You see, the job of bearing good fruit is God’s job, not ours. Our job is quite simple. We are to make our tree good by our believing that God is not a man that He might lie. In fact, He CANNOT lie! And what does He tell us if we have accepted His Son as our savior?

.”You are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you.”

Glory to God! Did you read what I read? Paul goes on in Romans 8 to tell us that in truth, we owe the flesh nothing! Those who tell us we will always sin, that we will never be free from its grip until we die are right. But listen! We ARE dead! We died when Jesus died. We are, right now, new creatures in Christ. E may not feel like new creatures. We certainly may not look like new creatures. We might have shot up earlier this morning. It makes ZERO difference. If we are Christians, we are His children and are NEW creatures.

So if we find ourselves overwhelmed with defeat, and feel the devil hanging over us, tellig is He owns us, then we have but one recourse. We fight him with truth. And the truth is, dear struggling but extremely blessed child of God, that God will grow good fruit on you if you simply do one thing..

BELIEVE.

There is a remarkable scripture found in Revelation that talks about the saints in the last days. It is talking about US:

“...and they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb AND the word of THEIR testimony.”.

We have tried to live as good children simply by believing in the blood of the lamb, never understanding that it only works when we take our stand of faith and believe that what Jesus accomplished by His death and resurrection IS therefore OURS, right now, that Satan ceases to keep us chained up.

If you have been struggling, first, realize you are blessed. You KNOW you are weak. You KNOW
that you need a miracle. Cry out to God to cause the small hard kernel of faith that He has given you, that He has never taken back, to sprout..... and GROW! You are about to be amazed when God steps in and causes you to walk as you have always longed to do. He will not disappoint you.

Blessings,

Gideon

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is fixing to do something to us, to all who love the Lord. He is about to awaken us to who we are in Christ..... new creatures.... and finally understand that because He lives in us, and the ‘old us’ is dead (read Romans 6), that sin no longer has authority over us. In the days to come, men and women who have struggled and been defeated by even the most addictive of sins are going to see their feet planted on the highway of holiness. They will experience the promise of God where He tells us that He will actually ‘cause us’ to walk as obedient children. (Ezekiel 36:27)

This is very accurate, in fact I have just been set free of a stronghold in my life that I couldn't get rid of. I finally got to that place I couldn't go any longer struggling with this....and I cried out to God and completely surrendered everything to Him and admitting I can do nothing that my only hope is in Him to cleanse me. One thing the Holy Spirit spoke to me...I will make the crooked paths straight, set your feet on higher ground, and you shall spread your wings and soar as an Eagle."
That complete surrender was what God was waiting for me to do. I am a person that will not admit that I have a weakness that I can't overcome. I have always been strong. Well I was wrong. LOL...but Glory to God, he is doing a new thing in me and I am so grateful, humble and thankful that He strived with me through all these years and that He didn't cast me aside as a bad fruit!

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is very accurate, in fact I have just been set free of a stronghold in my life that I couldn't get rid of. I finally got to that place I couldn't go any longer struggling with this....and I cried out to God and completely surrendered everything to Him and admitting I can do nothing that my only hope is in Him to cleanse me. One thing the Holy Spirit spoke to me...I will make the crooked paths straight, set your feet on higher ground, and you shall spread your wings and soar as an Eagle."
That complete surrender was what God was waiting for me to do. I am a person that will not admit that I have a weakness that I can't overcome. I have always been strong. Well I was wrong. LOL...but Glory to God, he is doing a new thing in me and I am so grateful, humble and thankful that He strived with me through all these years and that He didn't cast me aside as a bad fruit!
What a wonderful word. The difficult part of our walk is coming to the point we have NO confidence in our flesh.

Do we remember the scripture that tells us to struggle to enter into our rest? Outwardly, logically, it makes ZERO sense. If it is Rest we are desiring, why can’t we simply rest to begin with? Simple. Our old carnal nature must be broken of our self effort, a rudimentary form of the law. It is only when we finally come to Him with NO strength that He increases might and we are equipped with eagles wings.

It is a good thing to realize we can do nothing, but without the next step, believing that God’s grace is far more than just a way to get forgiven when we screw up, we will remain defeated.

Ah, but once we look away from us and our INability, and believe that He will do IN us, for us, what we could never do, to our amazement and delight, we discover what real victory looks like. We find that as we hold up our shields of faith and believe that we are no longer in the flesh but in the Spirit and take our stand that we owe the flesh and sin NOTHING, He does what He has clearly promised to do, cause us to walk as overcomers. And how do we walk in victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? We overcome them, not by self effort, but by faith!

May God bless you richly. A whole new world is about to open up to us.

Gideon

• Winner
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do we remember the scripture that tells us to struggle to enter into our rest? Outwardly, logically, it makes ZERO sense. If it is Rest we are desiring, why can’t we simply rest to begin with? Simple. Our old carnal nature must be broken of our self effort, a rudimentary form of the law. It is only when we finally come to Him with NO strength that He increases might and we are equipped with eagles wings.

I took this with me to my prayer room and prayed for Him to help me enter into that REST....such a powerful presence of the Holy Spirit was there. I feel so blessed when i come to the forum and I see a thread that jumps out at me and after reading it I realized I was lead there by the Holy Spirit and I walk away with golden nuggets of wisdom that are more valuable than all the riches of the world. This entering into His rest has been something I have heard preached for years....but in one ear and out the other I guess.....but this time it was like "Light BULB!" ......I received the revelation knowledge of that...So I just want to thank you for sharing this and it really ministered to me....and I wasted no time in applying it....now to make sure the enemy doesn't come and try to immediately steal it...lol!:tutu:

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I took this with me to my prayer room and prayed for Him to help me enter into that REST....such a powerful presence of the Holy Spirit was there. I feel so blessed when i come to the forum and I see a thread that jumps out at me and after reading it I realized I was lead there by the Holy Spirit and I walk away with golden nuggets of wisdom that are more valuable than all the riches of the world. This entering into His rest has been something I have heard preached for years....but in one ear and out the other I guess.....but this time it was like "Light BULB!" ......I received the revelation knowledge of that...So I just want to thank you for sharing this and it really ministered to me....and I wasted no time in applying it....now to make sure the enemy doesn't come and try to immediately steal it...lol!:tutu:
When I first entered the rest, eleven years ago now, God appeared to me. Yes, like face to face. Well, face to back of neck, lol. I will send you my testimony if you would like.
To say it was powerful would be an understatement.

What I have shared here for years, with little outward success, at least so far :), works. It will work for anyone who loves the light and wants to be freed from the darkness that is their “old nature”. Anyone, no matter the degree of addiction. We as the church are about to discover just that, praise God. Our lives are fixing to become unbelievably amazing.

For two years afterwards, not once, not one time, did I ever willfully disobey the still small voice of the Spirit that lived in me. Eventually, I got to the point that I believed what happened to me was permanent and that it would be impossible for me to ever willfully sin again.

I should have read about Ai. Remember Ai? When Joshua led the believing children into the promised land, Jericho was first up and the walls came tumbling down. Next up was little Ai, and Joshua, full of confidence, said “Let’s just send a small force there. We don’t need everyone.” And little Ai handed Israel’s butts to them.

What is the lesson?

“He that thinks that he stand, take heed lest he fall.”

Is it possible that one can have their eyes opened and never fall again? God says yes. But “If” we sin, not when, but IF, what are we to do? Was it a lie that Jesus can keep us from falling? That is the question Satan will come at us with, trying to plant doubt in our hearts. How do we fight him? With our shield of faith UP.

It may have been 10 minutes since we slipped, and slipped badly. What do we do. Confess it has all been a lie?
Try harder? Quit? No. We repent... and then believe again, immediately. If you want to see Satan get peeved to the point of comedy, try it. LOL.

This may be a lesson you will never ever need. That is my prayer. BUT, if you find yourself defeated again, the only reason you slipped was .....weak faith. Period. The solution? Believe again!

We have entered, you and I, into our good fight of faith, to the end that we become established in it! Satan could care less if we sin. But we are a huge threat to him when we finally choose to believe the amazing promises of God. Peter said this:

“Wherefore are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, that by these (the promises) we might be partakers of the divine nature.”
2Peter 2:4

Glory to God! We ARE new creatures. Right now, today. We do not look like it. We probably do not feel like it. Why is that? Simple.We have not believed it, so guess what? We have acted like we are still old natured people trying to become new. And we have reaped what we have sown.

It is time to sow new seed. Amazing days await us all.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I first entered the rest, eleven years ago now, God appeared to me. Yes, like face to face. Well, face to back of neck, lol. I will send you my testimony if you would like.
To say it was powerful would be an understatement.

What I have shared here for years, with little outward success, at least so far :), works. It will work for anyone who loves the light and wants to be freed from the darkness that is their “old nature”. Anyone, no matter the degree of addiction. We as the church are about to discover just that, praise God. Our lives are fixing to become unbelievably amazing.

For two years afterwards, not once, not one time, did I ever willfully disobey the still small voice of the Spirit that lived in me. Eventually, I got to the point that I believed what happened to me was permanent and that it would be impossible for me to ever willfully sin again.

I should have read about Ai. Remember Ai? When Joshua led the believing children into the promised land, Jericho was first up and the walls came tumbling down. Next up was little Ai, and Joshua, full of confidence, said “Let’s just send a small force there. We don’t need everyone.” And little Ai handed Israel’s butts to them.

What is the lesson?

“He that thinks that he stand, take heed lest he fall.”

Is it possible that one can have their eyes opened and never fall again? God says yes. But “If” we sin, not when, but IF, what are we to do? Was it a lie that Jesus can keep us from falling? That is the question Satan will come at us with, trying to plant doubt in our hearts. How do we fight him? With our shield of faith UP.

It may have been 10 minutes since we slipped, and slipped badly. What do we do. Confess it has all been a lie?
Try harder? Quit? No. We repent... and then believe again, immediately. If you want to see Satan get peeved to the point of comedy, try it. LOL.

This may be a lesson you will never ever need. That is my prayer. BUT, if you find yourself defeated again, the only reason you slipped was .....weak faith. Period. The solution? Believe again!

We have entered, you and I, into our good fight of faith, to the end that we become established in it! Satan could care less if we sin. But we are a huge threat to him when we finally choose to believe the amazing promises of God. Peter said this:

“Wherefore are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, that by these (the promises) we might be partakers of the divine nature.”
2Peter 2:4

Glory to God! We ARE new creatures. Right now, today. We do not look like it. We probably do not feel like it. Why is that? Simple.We have not believed it, so guess what? We have acted like we are still old natured people trying to become new. And we have reaped what we have sown.

It is time to sow new seed. Amazing days await us all.

Blessings,

Gideon
:amen::amen::amen::amen:

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am convinced God’s next move will not be centered inside what we think of as “church”. Will there be saints that have been faithful servants within the walls of our sanctuaries on every corner? Oh, yes! I’ll they stay there or be welcomed to stay there? Good question, but I am convinced the next..... no, the final great move of God will go back to the streets, just as when Jesus walked the earth.

Who will be the beneficiaries of this amazing happening? We will. Those who have tried and tried.... and failed and failed to “be good Christians”. Addicts of all sorts, homeless, the poor, protitutes, those who would almost never be welcomed in our fine houses of worship, these will be the front line of God’s army. These will be salt with real savor, light shining into the darkness. These will be those that will make the world marvel, declaring “Look, that which bore only briars and thorns shall become again like the garden of Eden”. And it will be glorious.

I understand addiction. I get it. The strong man has many bound. It is not that those caught in his snare want to be there. They are captives of Romans 7. But unlike the multitudes who live there with nicely decorated religious prison cells, declaring that grace allows them to stay there and still be quite content, these soon-to-be-blessed souls hate their captivity. Their sins are debilitating. There is no hiding them. There is no compromise with them. Either they rule, or we rule.... free indeed.

What is the difference between the two captives of Romans 7? One saw themselves as “of all men most miserable”. The other? They have swallowed the lie that we are all just human so why sweat the small sins? They have stretched grace until it is barely recognizable. But know this. All of us who love the Lord will be awakened. But it is those who have struggled and been overcome by Satan, those who KNOW they have no strength, no ability on their own to escape, they.....YOU....US....who will have our eyes opened and our lives filled to overflowing with Jesus Himself.

So if you are at your wits end....good. Do not give up. Let that gift of faith that God gave you, that gift that He never took back, that small, hard, dry seed of faith that is still viable and active, let it sprout. How? Believe that God’s goodness is better than your badness. That is the starting point, but know this. It will NOT be your ending point. Prepare to be amazed.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am convinced God’s next move will not be centered inside what we think of as “church”. Will there be saints that have been faithful servants within the walls of our sanctuaries on every corner? Oh, yes! I’ll they stay there or be welcomed to stay there? Good question, but I am convinced the next..... no, the final great move of God will go back to the streets, just as when Jesus walked the earth.

Who will be the beneficiaries of this amazing happening? We will. Those who have tried and tried.... and failed and failed to “be good Christians”. Addicts of all sorts, homeless, the poor, protitutes, those who would almost never be welcomed in our fine houses of worship, these will be the front line of God’s army. These will be salt with real savor, light shining into the darkness. These will be those that will make the world marvel, declaring “Look, that which bore only briars and thorns shall become again like the garden of Eden”. And it will be glorious.

I understand addiction. I get it. The strong man has many bound. It is not that those caught in his snare want to be there. They are captives of Romans 7. But unlike the multitudes who live there with nicely decorated religious prison cells, declaring that grace allows them to stay there and still be quite content, these soon-to-be-blessed souls hate their captivity. Their sins are debilitating. There is no hiding them. There is no compromise with them. Either they rule, or we rule.... free indeed.

What is the difference between the two captives of Romans 7? One saw themselves as “of all men most miserable”. The other? They have swallowed the lie that we are all just human so why sweat the small sins? They have stretched grace until it is barely recognizable. But know this. All of us who love the Lord will be awakened. But it is those who have struggled and been overcome by Satan, those who KNOW they have no strength, no ability on their own to escape, they.....YOU....US....who will have our eyes opened and our lives filled to overflowing with Jesus Himself.

So if you are at your wits end....good. Do not give up. Let that gift of faith that God gave you, that gift that He never took back, that small, hard, dry seed of faith that is still viable and active, let it sprout. How? Believe that God’s goodness is better than your badness. That is the starting point, but know this. It will NOT be your ending point. Prepare to be amazed.

Blessings,

Gideon
Thank you for your encouraging and uplifting words of hope and promise. I agree with you about "the church" that is being raised up now...the church of overcomers who by the words of their testimony have brought others to the place of hope, which is Jesus Christ. The "awakening" is definitely happening...the stirring up of those called and anointed is being seen worldwide. I am ever so humble and grateful that I am counted worthy to be a part of His Church...His Bride.:bow::)

Upvote 0