Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know that scripture starts with telling us that God made Adam & Eve in his own image. So my question is not about that. I am asking if we were created as we are because God is like that and we're made in his image? I am not asking if God has hands and feet and a body like a man (or woman).

The core question for me is
Did God create man in his image because it was always and eternally God's intention to be incarnate in Jesus Christ or did God decide to become incarnate because man fell into sin and needed a redeemer who was himself a man?
We do need a redeemer so that is not the issue here. But if we suppose, hypothetically, that Adam never fell nor Eve then would God have become incarnate as man - as Jesus Christ?

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did God create man in his image because it was always and eternally God's intention to be incarnate in Jesus Christ or did God decide to become incarnate because man fell into sin and needed a redeemer who was himself a man?
We do need a redeemer so that is not the issue here. But if we suppose, hypothetically, that Adam never fell nor Eve then would God have become incarnate as man - as Jesus Christ?

I think Bible doesn’t tell God incarnated. Bible tells God dwelled in Jesus, and it tells also that God dwells also in disciples of Jesus. I think that is not same as incarnation.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works…
John 14:10

But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
Romans 8:11

Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

God dwells in many, it doesn’t mean that they all are God’s incarnations.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In this forum, I reckon they will post it.....
Okay. That would be good.

Just to be clear, the creed says
The right Faith is, that we believe and confess, that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and Man of the substance of his Mother, born in the world; Perfect God and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father, as touching his manhood;Who, although he be God and Man, yet he is not two, but one Christ; One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh but by taking of the Manhood into God; One altogether; not by confusion of Substance, but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead.He ascended into heaven, he sitteth at the right hand of the Father, God Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the quick and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies and shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
?
Does this mean you already made up your mind and did not actually have a question then?
No, it means that the creed says what I posted. The creed in question is usually called The Athanasian Creed.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts of the Apostles 17:28-29
For ‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said,
‘For we too are his offspring.’
29 Since we are God’s offspring, we ought not to think that the deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of mortals.

Psalms 139:13-16
For it was you who formed my inward parts;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes beheld my unformed substance.
In your book were written
all the days that were formed for me,
when none of them as yet existed.

The assumption in these verses is that mankind, born of 'the mother of all living', Eve, gained from the fall the ability to be formed as well as created?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, it means that the creed says what I posted.
Did God create man in his image because it was always and eternally God's intention to be incarnate in Jesus Christ or did God decide to become incarnate because man fell into sin and needed a redeemer who was himself a man?We do need a redeemer so that is not the issue here. But if we suppose, hypothetically, that Adam never fell nor Eve then would God have become incarnate as man - as Jesus Christ?
?
What about these questions then ?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
?
What about these questions then ?
I hope that they are good questions that people will attempt to answer or if not answer than contribute information that will help us to find answers,

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know that scripture starts with telling us that God made Adam & Eve in his own image. So my question is not about that. I am asking if we were created as we are because God is like that and we're made in his image? I am not asking if God has hands and feet and a body like a man (or woman).

The plan of salvation was put in place before creation.

"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake" (1 Peter 1:18-20).

"For he chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight" (Ephesians 1:4).

All of God's intelligent beings are created with choice (free will) ... otherwise we would be nothing more than a bunch of robots.

It's about Love. No one can force someone to love them ... we know that ... God knows that. For true love to exist freedom of choice must be in place.

IF Adam & Eve hadn't sinned (transgression of the law) then we would be living in a perfect world .

God knows the beginning to the end. He knows what the choices will be (such as with Adam & Eve, and all of us) but does not interfere with the choices ... because the choices are to be out of love.

One day we will live in a perfect world and be in perfect harmony with the Lord, among ourselves and a new perfect earth. Eden before the fall restored ;o)

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I know that scripture starts with telling us that God made Adam & Eve in his own image.

What does Scripture say about God's Plan ? (remember it is written that we (Ekklesia) were crucified in Christ BEFORE anything was created ) ....

Don't click on the sites, but just notice the summaries in this search url : (if you want to)

crucified in Christ BEFORE anything was created at DuckDuckGo

Hint: God's Plan did not change. Yahuweh never changes - He is totally and absolutely perfect in every way and more, known and unknown (mostly unknown since God is so high over all things, and man is so 'low').

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hint: God's Plan did not change. Yahuweh never changes - He is totally and absolutely perfect in every way and more, known and unknown (mostly unknown since God is so high over all things, and man is so 'low').
I can't help thinking that you have a view but don't want to spell it out.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IF Adam & Eve hadn't sinned (transgression of the law) then we would be living in a perfect world .
Would the world be perfect like the new Jerusalem is said to be and the new heavens and earth are also said to be?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I do not see any relationship between: “Man being made in God’s image” and “Christ having to become incarnate”.

In the Bible when man being created in the image of God is first addressed it appears to be in contrast to animals not being created in God’s image, so how are we positively different from animals?

Upvote 0