South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are they blasphemous posts just because they don't please you?
No. I work my butt off for the Lord and have cleaned up my life so it is as pure as the wind driven snow. It doesn't please me that a believer who sit's on his butt is just as saved as I am.........But it is His truth. So I have to accept it. John 10:28.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure. Go ahead and take a single verse totally out of context.

John 3:15,16, 18, 36, 5:24, 6:40, 47, 11:25-27, 20:31 ALL say eternal life is on the basis of believing in Him.

But go ahead and keep trusting in your ability to keep the commandments. No one else can, according to Rom 3:20 and Gal 2:16.

Let's see if there is just a single verse.

Mark 12
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33 and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

Let's look at the truths we learn from this.

1. We know the two great commandments.
2. We know loving God and our neighbor is more than ALL burnt offerings and sacrifices (yes, ALL sacrifices).
3. We know Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, this is, wisely and prudently.
4. We know he wasn't far from the kingdom of God. Just knowing something doesn't save one, it is putting it into action.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. I work my butt off for the Lord and have cleaned up my life so it is as pure as the wind driven snow. It doesn't please me that a believer who sit's on his butt is just as saved as I am.........But it is His truth. So I have to accept it. John 10:28.

Maybe you should read about the talents in Matthew 25:14-30. Your work is not unprofitable.

Those who sit on their back side are not as saved as one who takes the talents given to him and does something with them. Those who do nothing with the talents are called unprofitable servants and are cast into outer darkness.

Whatever you do for the Lord has its reward.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because it's pointless. You don't recognize the REVEALED BY CHRIST mystery doctrine of Paul.........which teaches the way to live the TRUE Christian way of life.

Why not believe the revealed life by Jesus Himself? Is something wrong with what Jesus taught? Can you not be saved by the words of Jesus? Can you be 'more' saved by Paul's words?

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not believe the revealed life by Jesus Himself? Is something wrong with what Jesus taught? Can you not be saved by the words of Jesus? Can you be 'more' saved by Paul's words?
BLAHH,BLAHH,BLAHH. On one good note, at least it is nice that this forum has not caved to the politically correct liberal "christians" and your junk theology can be debated when one want's to engage with utter stupidity every once and a while.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BLAHH,BLAHH,BLAHH. On one good note, at least it is nice that this forum has not caved to the politically correct liberal "christians" and your junk theology can be debated when one want's to engage with utter stupidity every once and a while.

I can't believe you call Jesus' teachings 'junk theology' and 'utter stupidity'. Man doesn't want to look the Savior Himself to secure life. They have their own paths to follow.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you say there was no righteousness under the law, right? I'm sure you'll throw Romans 3:20 at me. However, Paul did say there was righteousness which is in the law.

Philippians 3:6
Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Which one are you going to believe?
As always, I will never believe you. But I will always believe the Bible, since I can and am rightly dividing the word of truth. Sound familiar? Probably not, given your disdain for what Paul writes.

Let's look at what Paul also said about righteousness and the law, just for balance, ok?

Romans 9-
30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;
31 but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal.
32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.

OK, now for a color coded explanation to help you understand your error.

The red words refer to the only kind of righteousness that God accepts, which is by faith.

The blue words refer to Israel's failure because they thought (erroneously) that the Law was "the way of righteousness", and therefore "have not attained their goal".

The green words explain WHY they failed. They thought, as you do, that salvation is by keeping the Law (commandments).

And, the pink words refer to the Jews' problem, which is also your problem. They and you have "stumbled over the stumbling stone".

What did Paul mean here? 1 Cor 1:23 tells us clearly-
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Just as the crucifixion of Christ was a stumbling block to Jews, it is to you, as you've previously expressed. I will never forget the blasphemy you used to describe how you view the cross.

Now a few more:
Rom 10:2-4
2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

Rom 11-
5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.
6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened,
8 as it is written: “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day.”

All of these verses expose your own error.

Do you believe Paul was blameless touching the righteousness in the law? Or, did Paul err in Philippians? Or, maybe he erred in Romans.
You're the one who thinks that Paul erred in his writings. And I find it amusing how you use only his verses that you think support your views, but outright reject all the other verses that absolutely slam your unbiblical claims.

Surely, you can read that Paul said there was a righteousness in the law, and that he said he was blameless touching that righteousness. Do you think being blameless means he didn't keep the law?
Of course he kept the law. But he also knew very well that no one is saved by keeping the law. Go back to one of his verses that slams your error; Rom 3:20.

What a statement! There was no faith in Christ for salvation in the OT.
Idiocy. I know better.

Moses and the Prophets regarding salvation through faith in Christ

Luke 24:27, 44 - 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. 44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Luke 16:29,30,31 - 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

John 1:45 - Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

John 5 - 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

John 6:45 - It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 12:34 - The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”

John 20:9- (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.)

Acts 3:22,23,24 - 22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’ 24 “Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days.

Acts 9:22 - Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah. [obviously from the OT]

Acts 10:43 - All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Acts 13:27, 29 - 27 -The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath. 29 - When they had carried out all that was written about him, they took him down from the cross and laid him in a tomb.

Acts 13:39 - Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

Acts 15:5,10 - 5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.” 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? [this shows that the Law of Moses didn’t save]

Acts 17:2,3,11 - 2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Acts 18:28 - For he vigorously refuted his Jewish opponents in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Messiah.

Acts 24:14,24 - 14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus.

Acts 26:6,7,22,23 - 6 And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our ancestors that I am on trial today. 7 This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. King Agrippa, it is because of this hope that these Jews are accusing me. 22 But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen— 23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.”

Acts 28:23 - They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

Rom 1:2 - the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures

Rom 3:20-22 - 20 Therefore, no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. 21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,

Rom 3:27,28 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Here are verses from Paul, Jesus, and Luke about Moses teaching exactly what the NT teaches about salvation.

Apparently you don't believe Moses is in Heaven; you think he is awaiting his turn to be cast into the lake of fire.
This is just idiotic. Of course Moses is in Heaven.

Just look at the verses above, if you can stomach them. But i doubt that you can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've been waiting for FG2 to answer, but I see he is taking his sweet time.
I don't live on the internet, as you probably do. I have a life. I get to the computer when convenient. But don't worry, I'm always able to refute everything you post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Better to trust Jesus than man's words of unbelief. Here's a little more to keeping His commandments to live.

Luke 10
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

What more needs to be said?

The initial question - '...what shall I do to inherit eternal life?'

Jesus' answer - 'What is written in the law? how readest thou?'

Lawyer's response - 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.'

Jesus' response - 'Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.'

Don't let Jesus' words come back to haunt you. Answer honestly, and you will know how to inherit eternal life.
I refer you to Scripture:
Rom 9:30-33, 10:2-4, 9-11 and 11:5.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can't believe you call Jesus' teachings 'junk theology' and 'utter stupidity'. Man doesn't want to look the Savior Himself to secure life. They have their own paths to follow.
Aren't you the one who pushes keeping the law for salvation??? Isn't that nothing more than a man centered theology?

And what do you mean by looking to the Savior to secure life? That's way different than what you've been pandering.

Upvote 0