Are there any magicians who do "real" magic?

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some people are ·wicked and no good [worthless and guilty].
They go around ·telling lies [with crooked mouths],
Winking With Their Eyes, ·tapping with [or scraping]their feet,
and ·Making Signs [pointing; gesturing] With Their Fingers [C a reference to secretive plans or even magic].
• Proverbs 6:12-13 (Expanded Bible)

A man apostate, a man unprofitable, is he who goeth with a wayward mouth;
he beckoneth with the eyes, he trampeth with the foot, he speaketh with the finger,
• Proverbs 6:12-13 (Wycliffe Bible)

Let me describe for you a worthless and a wicked man; first, he is a constant liar; he Signals his True Intentions to his friends With Eyes and Feet and Fingers.
• Proverbs 6:12-13 (Living Bible)

brigham-young.jpg

brighamyoung.jpg

Brigham_Young_and_his_brothers.jpg

100962662.png
I have to say, I think this is not a coherent take on things. Photos of people with their hands touching don't prove or even suggest that those people are summoning demons. I hope you will talk to a qualified spiritual guide about this concern.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have to say, I think this is not a coherent take on things. Photos of people with their hands touching don't prove or even suggest that those people are summoning demons. I hope you will talk to a qualified spiritual guide about this concern.
Archer that may be so. A lot of people may do for fun. But still it doesn’t diminish where their allegiance does truly lie. Darkness has always loved it’s own. They shall follow what comes naturally to them. And the world shall worship the beast

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Archer that may be so. A lot of people may do for fun. But still it doesn’t diminish where their allegiance does truly lie. Darkness has always loved it’s own. They shall follow what comes naturally to them. And the world shall worship the beast
I am saying not that these people are not doing this seriously. I am saying that it is not fruitful to look at photographs and decide on the basis of random or conventional hand positions that the person pictured was summoning a demon, or demonstrating a method for doing so.

Look at it this way:

1) People have hands.
2) Someone in an otherwise unoffensive photo is going to have to do something with their hands. You can then decide that the position of their hands is satanic.
3) Someone in an otherwise offensive photo (dressed as satan, etc) is already "satanic," so whatever they are doing with their hands will be deemed satanic.

This is not a healthy way to think about hands in photographs. I am just sure of it. And my stating this is unrelated to anyone's allegiance, etc.

Reactions: caerlerion
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am saying not that these people are not doing this seriously. I am saying that it is not fruitful to look at photographs and decide on the basis of random or conventional hand positions that the person pictured was summoning a demon, or demonstrating a method for doing so.

Look at it this way:

1) People have hands.
2) Someone in an otherwise unoffensive photo is going to have to do something with their hands. You can then decide that the position of their hands is satanic.
3) Someone in an otherwise offensive photo (dressed as satan, etc) is already "satanic," so whatever they are doing with their hands will be deemed satanic.

This is not a healthy way to think about hands in photographs. I am just sure of it. And my stating this is unrelated to anyone's allegiance, etc.

Mudras and Hand Seals are not normal, natural or common ways people position their hands.

• Agree
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Look at it this way:

1) People have hands.

Archer I’m a real healthy lady both mentally and physically. It’s not a matter of thinking about one’s well being or health, but looking at the reality you are confronted with. I’m sure that people play with their hands in many ways and sometimes do make hand signals unbeknown to themselves. But there are a lot of people who do so knowingly. A picture does often paint and speak thousand words, they do say. I think there is great truth in that meaning. Do remember also that this kingdom is not ours. Always be observant of what’s around you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Magic is for people who can't do the math."
I don't know who said it but I think there is a lot of truth to it.

• Canon 36 of the Council of Laodicea states:

"That members of the Sacerdocy and Clerics Must Not Be magicians or enchanters, or Mathematicians (i.e., Numerologists), or astrologers, or make what are called amulets, which are shackles for their souls; accordingly, we have bidden those wearing these things to be thrown out of the Church."

CHURCH FATHERS: Synod of Laodicea (4th Century)

council-of-nicea.jpg

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mathmatics is not numerology today. Maybe 4th century, but we do not live in the 4th century. At least I don't. And numerology is found in the Bible: 7 day creation, 40 years in wilderness, 3 days in the tomb. The numbers have meaning beyond just quantity.

My point is that most people who appear to be doing magic have just found a way based on the laws of nature to accomplish something. It may take years of practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I like magic tricks. I understand that what I am being entertained with are actually elaborate stunts and is not "real".

But some magicians in particular seem to revel in the illusion that they are actually practicing the "dark" arts. Criss Angel and David Blaine come to mind. Even David Copperfield tries to put out the idea that he is somehow in touch with the "dark side" (although it usually just makes me laugh a little when he tries to put on a "scary" face.

We don't need to revisit the magicians of Egypt who confronted Moses. We all know that it is technically possible to do things with the aid of the dark side.

But, in your opinion or experience, are there real magic abilities being practiced by anyone currently in Las Vegas or anywhere else you can think of?
There are a number of videos from talent shows like Britians Got Talent on YouTube showing magicians doing inexplicable feats and not all of them are card tricks. Here's about the most comprehensive one I've seen and includes some statements being claimed. Its' almost 3 hrs long and people can skip through it if it's too long.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Levitation explained... simplest method, the Balducci levitation

Position your audience can only see you from a certain angle and then lift yourself up on one foot. No demons involved!
A parlor trick of visual deception.

What the Hindu yogis and the Sufi Islamists do is quite different than that. It IS demonic.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But, in your opinion or experience, are there real magic abilities being practiced by anyone currently in Las Vegas or anywhere else you can think of?
I think we need to ask ourselves what good reasons do we have to believe that someone is doing "real" magic? I have never seen any evidence so the reasonable position for me is that until I see some evidence that convinces me I will keep my mind open to the possibility and evidence that convinces me, but I don't believe it at this time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people use Mudras and Hand Seals to open up doors to the spirit world and channel demons :
The Secrets Behind Martial Arts !
When I was a boy - I attended a small Baptist church in Bellevue Washington (where I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior at 12 years of age).

When Bruce Lee was new to this country, he stayed for a time with a reporter from the "Seattle Post" who attended our church.

Bruce showed us youngsters a few martial arts moves. (I suppose I can lay claim to being the only one here who has ever "sparred" with Bruce Lee. :))

We had some hand contact in a game we called "sticky hands".

I never noticed how he held his hands in church. But he sure didn't seem very demonic to me (a bit arrogant perhaps - but not demonic).

I have no idea if he ever got serious with the Lord. He was only there for a short time.

Perhaps "mudras and hand seals" are used by some who are into the demonic.

But I seriously doubt that Bruce Lee was - based on that one film or any others. IMO he was just very dedicated and very good at what he did and had been doing since his early youth.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There's also a really easy way to tell if your house is haunted.

It isn't.
I've listened to the audio of ghost hunters escapades - to the specific clips of audio where they claim to hear ghosts saying various sentences to them. I turned the volume way up and all I heard was white noise and electrical interference from within the camera's own circuits.

With a good imagination, those frequencies can be made to sound like anything. When I have a fan running in my bedroom at night I often think I hear a man's voice or footsteps in another room, but if I really try to identify the source... it's coming from the fan. Nothing but air and white noise.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've listened to the audio of ghost hunters escapades - to the specific clips of audio where they claim to hear ghosts saying various sentences to them. I turned the volume way up and all I heard was white noise and electrical interference from within the camera's own circuits.

With a good imagination, those frequencies can be made to sound like anything. When I have a fan running in my bedroom at night I often think I hear a man's voice or footsteps in another room, but if I really try to identify the source... it's coming from the fan. Nothing but air and white noise.

I love that they can talk to "ghosts" in a castle from the 12th century in Germany in modern English.

• Haha
Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Search for "demon magicians" and see if there's something to it.

I have had "magick" happen literally in my own hands, so i know it can be real.
I was spiritually harrassed by a 'street yogi' years ago. Cost me a lot of money too... :doh:

If you want, i can tell you the magic trick he (or rather his demon) did.

Upvote 0