Are there any believers of homeopathy here?

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Probably, it is a common error. Most people when they really learn what homeopathy is can see that it is nonsense. Yet there are some true believers out there and explaining that the original medicine has been diluted away to nothing they continue to think that there still is something magical to water. They think that it has a memory. Yet they forget all of the bad things that water has been in contact with in the past. Due to the water cycle some of the water that you drink today went through a sewage treatment plant sometime in the past.
ok - well thanks for explaining - glad i am the one to post first so that others with the same misunderstanding i have don't have to be embarrassed

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
ok - well thanks for explaining - glad i am the one to post first so that others with the same misunderstanding i have don't have to be embarrassed
We all make errors and learn by seeing that we made them. Herbal medicine is an entirely different topic. Some herbs work, there is no doubt about that. Effective use of them can be difficult. Modern medicine often tries to find out what works and what does not and attempts to minimize side effects. The human body is a very complex mechanism and materials that change how one aspect works almost always has some affect on other aspects. Some positive and some negative. It is more complex and too far out of my wheelhouse for me to comment on right now. If something works for you that is well and good, but it is a good idea to remember the placebo effect. Sometime it is just the thought that you are taking a medicine that helps you and not the medicine itself.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Just out of curiosity, would that be similar to injecting a person with the flu virus to prevent the flu?????? Or with polio to cure polio???

No, not even close. A flu vaccine has at least some of the dead virus that it is trying to get the body to build up an autoimmune response to. And polio is a virus too and one is injected with inactivated viruses. The immune system recognizes those as viruses and even though one is not ill due to them it forms antibodies that attack them.

With homeopathy there is no original medicine left. They are sometimes diluted to the point that a sphere of water the size of Earth orbit around the Sun would have only one molecule. The odds of a person getting that molecule are essentially zero.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
We all make errors and learn by seeing that we made them. Herbal medicine is an entirely different topic. Some herbs work, there is no doubt about that. Effective use of them can be difficult. Modern medicine often tries to find out what works and what does not and attempts to minimize side effects. The human body is a very complex mechanism and materials that change how one aspect works almost always has some affect on other aspects. Some positive and some negative. It is more complex and too far out of my wheelhouse for me to comment on right now. If something works for you that is well and good, but it is a good idea to remember the placebo effect. Sometime it is just the thought that you are taking a medicine that helps you and not the medicine itself.
yes - i agree

faith does have similarities to the placebo effect - which is why some discount faith - and i realize from experience that faith makes all things work well - especially praying and speaking in faith

quantum physics also describes an aspect of faith - so placebo - faith - quantum physics are 3 somewhat complementary topics

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
yes - i agree

faith does have similarities to the placebo effect - which is why some discount faith - and i realize from experience that faith makes all things work well - especially praying and speaking in faith

quantum physics also describes an aspect of faith - so placebo - faith - quantum physics are 3 somewhat complementary topics
That would be a misunderstanding of quantum physics. And the difference that occurs do to the placebo effect is a lessening of perceived discomfort. But when measured, such as responses to asthmatic attacks, there is no actual physical cure. It only makes the discomfort more bearable. One's body does self heal most of the time and placebos make the waiting more mentally bearable.

• Agree
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, not even close. A flu vaccine has at least some of the dead virus that it is trying to get the body to build up an autoimmune response to. And polio is a virus too and one is injected with inactivated viruses. The immune system recognizes those as viruses and even though one is not ill due to them it forms antibodies that attack them.

With homeopathy there is no original medicine left. They are sometimes diluted to the point that a sphere of water the size of Earth orbit around the Sun would have only one molecule. The odds of a person getting that molecule are essentially zero.
Well maybe the problem was dilution. bet if you diluted the flu vaccine to the point that a sphere of water the size of the Earth orbit around the Sun would have only one molecule, that the odds of it working would be essentially zero too.....

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That would be a misunderstanding of quantum physics.

Hmm, according to some interpretations of it reality isn't real until we observe it, or have faith it is so.......

• Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well maybe the problem was dilution. bet if you diluted the flu vaccine to the point that a sphere of water the size of the Earth orbit around the Sun would have only one molecule, that the odds of it working would be essentially zero too.....
And they do not do that with the flu vaccine. You are trying to make a strawman. The problem with homeopathy is that you are taking literally nothing. With vaccines they are injecting you with "dead" viruses.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hmm, according to some interpretations of it reality isn't real until we observe it, or have faith it is so.......

You probably need to define "faith". I have never seen anyone that understands quantum dynamics make that claim, only those with very fuzzy understanding at best.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And they do not do that with the flu vaccine. You are trying to make a strawman. The problem with homeopathy is that you are taking literally nothing. With vaccines they are injecting you with "dead" viruses.

And hence my point. If you did the same thing with the flu vaccine it would be just as useless..... That isn't a strawman, IT IS A FACT.....

I am certainly not defending homeopathy if that is what you think. Just pointing out that people tend to look at only the side they want to see.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You probably need to define "faith". I have never seen anyone that understands quantum dynamics make that claim, only those with very fuzzy understanding at best.
Faith is belief in anything that can't be proven as hard, cold fact......

Of course you haven't, because they disguise their faith as assumptions.....

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And hence my point. If you did the same thing with the flu vaccine it would be just as useless..... That isn't a strawman, IT IS A FACT.....

I am certainly not defending homeopathy if that is what you think. Just pointing out that people tend to look at only the side they want to see.....
Your argument is pointless. Why even make it?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Faith is belief in anything that can't be proven as hard, cold fact......

Of course you haven't, because they disguise their faith as assumptions.....
Nope, assumptions of the sort that you are talking about are not allowed in the sciences. It is a term that you should not use in regards to others. When someone makes the claim of "assumptions" they place the burden of proof upon themselves.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have tried one type of homeopathic pills on someone in my family to treat a skin viral infection in conjunction with topical treatment. It seemed to be more effective when the homeopathic pills were taken than without. On the other hand, another type of homeopathic pills for hay fever did not seem to work. It seems like the effectiveness of homeopathy depends on what condition you are trying to treat.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have tried one type of homeopathic pills on someone in my family to treat a skin viral infection in conjunction with topical treatment. It seemed to be more effective when the homeopathic pills were taken than without. On the other hand, another type of homeopathic pills for hay fever did not seem to work. It seems like the effectiveness of homeopathy depends on what condition you are trying to treat.
Or you may have gotten better due to the non-homeopathic medicine. When proper double blind studies are done homeopathic remedies work no better than placebos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or you may have gotten better due to the non-homeopathic medicine. When proper double blind studies are done homeopathic remedies work no better than placebos.
There was once the homeopathic pill was out of stock so I used only the herbal cream, the condition didn't seem to improve as fast. Basically the homeopathic pills were made out of the same herb as the topical cream. One is to take orally while the other is to apply topically.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There was once the homeopathic pill was out of stock so I used only the herbal cream, the condition didn't seem to improve as fast. Basically the homeopathic pills were made out of the same herb as the topical cream. One is to take orally while the other is to apply topically.
Homeopathy and herbal remedies are two totally different approaches to medicine.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homeopathy and herbal remedies are two totally different approaches to medicine.
I don't know much about the underlying mechanism of homeopathy, but I am not sure if they are that clear cut, since homeopathic medicine can be made out of herbs, such as the pill I used, which is from Owen Homoeopathics

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know much about the underlying mechanism of homeopathy, but I am not sure if they are that clear cut, since homeopathic medicine can be made out of herbs, such as the pill I used, which is from Owen Homoeopathics
If they are actual homeopathic medicines they are not made out of herbs. They might start with some, but the homeopathic principal is to dilute the so called medicine. In proper ones it is diluted last Avogadro's limit. That means that nothing is left. Do you have an image of the contents of any of those pills?

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they are actual homeopathic medicines they are not made out of herbs. They might start with some, but the homeopathic principal is to dilute the so called medicine. In proper ones it is diluted last Avogadro's limit. That means that nothing is left. Do you have an image of the contents of any of those pills?
This is the only ingredient in the homepathic pilules I used:

Thuja occidentalis (Arbor vitae): A Review of its Pharmaceutical, Pharmacological and Clinical Properties

Upvote 0