East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this possibly the area where it took the angel 21 days to get to Daniel? That he (the angel) had to fight and struggle thru this "heaven" so to speak, in which I believe Michael had to be sent to help him.?
=====================================

The spirit realm from which Satan his demons operate is referred to as a heavenly realm, or wicked heavens, against which Christians must struggle as Paul mentioned and others describe as being destroyed and replaced. It is presently restricted to Earth.

Ephesians 6:12
New International Version
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been around nearly 40 years and never once have I heard anyone teach theres more then one heaven. I'm not even sure where anyone would get that idea. Its just called "heaven", not "Section one of heaven" or "Floor 2 of heaven". People are probably thinking to much about this subject. If you look deep enough you can find lots of things. Hence its usually called a conspiracy for a reason.
But dear friend I think everyone here has quoted the bible, nothing too much added or taken away, just discussing "thoughts" that's all.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Been around nearly 40 years and never once have I heard anyone teach theres more then one heaven. I'm not even sure where anyone would get that idea. Its just called "heaven", not "Section one of heaven" or "Floor 2 of heaven". People are probably thinking to much about this subject. If you look deep enough you can find lots of things. Hence its usually called a conspiracy for a reason.

Apostle Paul did teach there is more than one heaven. He went to the 3rd

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Haven't we all heard of; "I'm in Seventh heaven"? It supposedly comes from the highest of seven heavens according to Islam and Judaism. In, 2 Enoch, Enoch travels through the seven heavens and gives geographical and visual documentation of them, describing houses, olive oil and flowers. He passes through the Garden of Eden in the Third heaven on his way to meet the Lord in the 7th Heaven.

I thought Radrook gave a good post with scripture, but question one point where he said;

3. Third Heaven or Heaven of Heavens: The place where God and his angels dwell. What Jesus called the “Father's house.” (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) -

I thought it a bit funny because one of those verses seem to say that even 'the heaven of heavens' COULD NOT CONTAIN God. :scratch:

1KI 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

PS Though not biblical, I've been told that the Book of Enoch is scriptural.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought it a bit funny because one of those verses seem to say that even 'the heaven of heavens' COULD NOT CONTAIN God. :scratch:
It IS hard to fathom
Yet again, I haven't read Enoch, kinda feel weird about it
Just kinda weary

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the bible you hear of being caught up into the third heaven, which SUGGESTS that there must be a 1st and a 2nd heaven for a 3rd to exsist.
What are your thoughts and do you have scripture and reference to back up your opinion?

There are three heavens described in scripture. 1. Heaven as the immediate atmosphere of the earth. e.g. "The birds of heaven." 2. Heaven as the cosmos. e.g. "The stars of heaven.' 3. Heaven as the abode of God. e.g. "YHWH he is God in heaven above," Deuteronomy 4:39. Joshua 2:11, Ecclesiastes 5:2, Daniel 2:28 et al.

Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Intertestamental Jewish texts support the idea that Paradise is located in the 3rd heaven. But they describe the first 2 heavens in a way that is more reminiscent of Purgatory of Hell. When Paul states that Christians whose work cannot survive closer scrutiny "will be saved, yet so as by fire (1 Corinthians 3:15)," he is no doubt referring to their initial consignment to the first or 2nd heaven. But ancient rabbinic Judaism applies this very phrase to Gehenne, Jesus' term for Hell, where the spiritually mediocre might have to spend a year! From this we can draw 2 conclusions:
(1) The idea that Paradise is located in the 3rd heaven was adopted by Paul from Jewish sources.
(2) The later Catholic doctrine of Purgatory has some grounding in Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, but the telepathic part strikes home to me, due to how He speaks to me personally, and also, bible states He knows our thoughts from afar :D

Perhaps a light bulb moment, telepathic could explain intrusive thoughts and enemy warfare. After all, a lot of the battle is in the mind. I do not say this in reference to your words above, which I also understand, but for understanding possible tactics.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps a light bulb moment, telepathic could explain intrusive thoughts and enemy warfare. After all, a lot of the battle is in the mind. I do not say this in reference to your words above, which I also understand, but for understanding possible tactics.
And where "we" hold the power over the enemy is to do as God did, speak. It goes from our minds and our thoughts, to actually speaking, which is what I believe MOVES the heavens and Gods heart, causing His holy angels to warfare for us, to perform the work we have spoken. Thus penetrating the 2nd "heaven" so to speak. How dare satan mess in our domain, UNLESS we let him. So to reverse his power, WE SPEAK. Thus saith the Lord.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've never read the book of Enoch. I remember hearing something of the fact that Lucifer before being cast down was working on a particular "part" of heaven. That his work was incomplete when being cast out.

Do you think Heaven's description is a mystery because we aren't supposed to know it?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think Heaven's description is a mystery because we aren't supposed to know it?
Why of course it's a mystery and will remain that until we get there. BUT, I do want to operate in every spiritual realm of authority He has given to us, and not allow those things in my life that are an enemy to me. I want to operate in the fullness of Christ. Such as the scripture we wrestle NOT against flesh n blood. So I want to direct my prayer life and spiritual warfare in the right direction. If we've been given authority, which we have, I intend to operate in it, I do not choose to live a life of defeat. And of course, the final reward is going to heaven where He is forever and to behold those beautiful mysteries.

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wasn't really thinking of the trinity but I guess. I just know there is no mention of more than one heaven, but like that paul verse talks about different tiers of heaven. I also think there is something similarly mentioned in the book of enoch. So I wouldn't find it hard to believe at all that there are different tiers of heaven accessible to different beings.

Actually, if you look closely in the first chapter of Genesis, it says God created the heavens and the earth. Note that heavens is plural :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, if you look closely in the first chapter of Genesis, it says God created the heavens and the earth. Note that heavens is plural :)

The bible mentions heaven singular as well as plural. I believe when used plural it's not talking about thee heaven, but probably the sky stars and things of that nature. I don't think that verse is at all talking about God at that moment making multiple heavens. But merely describing the sky and stars. Also we even say heavens today in regard to the sky and stars, so it doesn't seem likely at all that moses meant Multiple heavens being created, merely a figure of speech to describe the beauty of the sky and stars.

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
שמים shamayim {shaw-mah'-yim} dual of an unused singular שמה shameh {shaw-meh'} from an unused root meaning to be lofty; TWOT - 2407a; n m AV - heaven 398, air 21, astrologers + 01895 1; 420 1) heaven, heavens, sky 1a) visible heavens, sky 1a1) as abode of the stars 1a2) as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere, etc 1b) Heaven (as the abode of God)

Upvote 0