Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ebed, yesterday you said that those evil Pharisees added their own traditions to the feast days and this was why they fell.

But Christianity didn't just invent their own feast days, they abolished the Holy days of God altogether.
Yes! Jesus brought in the New Covenant which ended the Old Covenant! Jesus does that because He fulfilled the Old Covenant by living it perfectly!

I had to grin at what you said because if the Pharisees were so wrong in just adding some of their own traditions to the Holy days of God, how much more heinous is it when you kill off all the people who were keeping the Holy days of God and then abolish the Holy days altogether?
Ok...tell me why Jesus said IT IS FINISHED? Do you have any idea what was finished?
If you can see a great evil in adding to the traditions of God, how much more evil is it when you invent your own traditions to completely do away with everything that is called of God, and to speak about the law of God as if it were an evil thing that nobody should study?
I would say the same to you. When Jesus instituted the New Covenant the Old covenant was done away!

Once again you show your inconsistency with scripture Hannibal. This is what Hebrews 8:7-13 points out:
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.
8 For finding fault with them, He says,
“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;

9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers On the day when I took them by the hand To lead them out of the land of Egypt; For they did not continue in My covenant, And I did not care for them, says the Lord.
10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of IsraelAfter those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds, And I will write them on their hearts. And I will be their God, And they shall be My people.

11 “And they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen, And everyone his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ For all will know Me, From the least to the greatest of them.
12 “For I will be merciful to their iniquities, And I will remember their sins no more.”
13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Do you realize that verses 8-12 is Jeremiah 31:31-34???

Now Christianity has abolished the law of God, and set up their own law, their own feast days, and then they call keeping Holy days of God, sin.

Ironic.
I think I've pointed out your error clearly Hannibal! When are you willing to read the scriptures (especially the New Testament), and accept them for what they say?

I realize you're Jewish...and I understand your desire to keep the feasts that was given under the Old Covenant. It wouldn't bother me in the least that you do that...but DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE IT EARNS BOWNIE POINTS WITH GOD.

God sent Jesus to fulfill the Old Covenant, which He did. He then made a New Covenant...when Jesus died...the Old is NO MORE!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I see what you mean...but I was referring to a fulfilled event on those particular days
Jesus is the fulfilled event dfw69. If you go back and read those feast it *should* be clear to you the Christ fulfilled them.

As Paul says in Colossians 2:16, 17 says;
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—
17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Look up that word "substance" in Vine's, Thayer's or Strong's...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes! Jesus brought in the New Covenant which ended the Old Covenant! Jesus does that because He fulfilled the Old Covenant by living it perfectly!

Ok...tell me why Jesus said IT IS FINISHED? Do you have any idea what was finished?

I would say the same to you. When Jesus instituted the New Covenant the Old covenant was done away!

Once again you show your inconsistency with scripture Hannibal.

I think I've pointed out your error clearly Hannibal! When are you willing to read the scriptures (especially the New Testament), and accept them for what they say?

I realize you're Jewish...and I understand your desire to keep the feasts that was given under the Old Covenant. It wouldn't bother me in the least that you do that...but DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE IT EARNS BOWNIE POINTS WITH GOD.

God sent Jesus to fulfill the Old Covenant, which He did. He then made a New Covenant...when Jesus died...the Old is NO MORE!!!

Ebed, your just too cute today to even get in your way, made my day today{no sarcasm intended}.

You have become very dear to me Ebed, I really like how you point out my errors, I mean just the way we have this thing going between you and me, feel it?

Love you Ebed!

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ebed, your just too cute today to even get in your way, made my day today{no sarcasm intended}.

You have become very dear to me Ebed, I really like how you point out my errors, I mean just the way we have this thing going between you and me, feel it?

Love you Ebed!
Well Hannibal...I can only hope you're serious! The scripture says we are to study to show ourselves approved to God!

I want you to be convinced because you are persuaded not by me, but because you have seriously worked through the scriptures on these issues.

We don't have to agree...but we must share the love of Christ even in disagreement...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
Jesus is the fulfilled event dfw69. If you go back and read those feast it *should* be clear to you the Christ fulfilled them. As Paul says in Colossians 2:16, 17 says; 16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. Look up that word "substance" in Vine's, Thayer's or Strong's...:thumbsup:

Christ fulfilled the 1st 3 and he will fulfill the remaining . He hasn't yet accomplished final fulfillment yet of trumpets, atonement or tabernacles . Just like the first 3 , Passover , unleavened bread and first fruits were exactly fulfilled in Christ to the very day of them. I believe that the rest will be on the very same day as the future feasts.

There is more to come with Gods prophetic calendar. It has not all past. Yes , Christ is the substance , but He will come back again, judge the earth and rule for 1000 years. These are all future events. These events could very well fall on a feast day just like the 1st 3 did.

For example, no one knows the day of the rapture , so I believe it happens when the fullness of the Gentiles comes in. It could fall on a feast day. No one knows this for sure. Most likely, I believe it could either happen on Pentecost or trumpets if it even falls on a feast day. The rapture will take the whole world by surprise.

God is very systematic and His planning is perfectly orderly and organized. We can see this all through Gods word.

All 7 feasts stand for something of significance . 3- fulfilled , 4- more to come with Pentecost in the middle with partial fulfillment with the coming of the Holy Spirit for the believer .

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christ fulfilled the 1st 3 and he will fulfill the remaining . He hasn't yet accomplished final fulfillment yet of trumpets, atonement or tabernacles . Just like the first 3 , Passover , unleavened bread and first fruits were exactly fulfilled in Christ to the very day of them. I believe that the rest will be on the very same day as the future feasts.

There is more to come with Gods prophetic calendar. It has not all past. Yes , Christ is the substance , but He will come back again, judge the earth and rule for 1000 years. These are all future events. These events could very well fall on a feast day just like the 1st 3 did.

For example, no one knows the day of the rapture , so I believe it happens when the fullness of the Gentiles comes in. It could fall on a feast day. No one knows this for sure. Most likely, I believe it could either happen on Pentecost or trumpets if it even falls on a feast day. The rapture will take the whole world by surprise.

God is very systematic and His planning is perfectly orderly and organized. We can see this all through Gods word.

All 7 feasts stand for something of significance . 3- fulfilled , 4- more to come with Pentecost in the middle with partial fulfillment with the coming of the Holy Spirit for the believer .

I disagree with your Dispensationalism.

Rabbinic Judaism may agree with your fleshly 1000 year reign of a Messiah though. (that hasn't even come the 1st time!)

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

You must think about what you're saying because if Christ did not fulfill every feast, how can He be sinless? To not keep the feasts of the Lord would be a sin...so Jesus had to fulfill them all.

When Paul says this in Colossians 2:16, 17:
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—
17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

What does that mean to you? Also...if the feasts are not fulfilled...why are we not required to keep them?

Why is the OT Law allowed to be abolished...and why is it the only time these feast are recognized after the cross, it's only the Jews doing that?

Paul would use the festivals as an opportunity to witness to the Jews but that was his only motivation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
You must think about what you're saying because if Christ did not fulfill every feast, how can He be sinless? To not keep the feasts of the Lord would be a sin...so Jesus had to fulfill them all. When Paul says this in Colossians 2:16, 17: 16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. What does that mean to you? Also...if the feasts are not fulfilled...why are we not required to keep them? Why is the OT Law allowed to be abolished...and why is it the only time these feast are recognized after the cross, it's only the Jews doing that? Paul would use the festivals as an opportunity to witness to the Jews but that was his only motivation.

Ebed, I am speaking about the feasts in the way of being fulfilled in a historical and a prophetic way, not in the means of salvation . Christ died, was buried and rose again on the actual 1st 3 feasts days. We are able to be saved because we as Christians trust in what he has done for us and we believe it wholeheartedly !

I already mentioned earlier in this thread a breakdown of the 7 feasts and their significance . You have to admit that we have not seen the fall feasts in their final fulfillment yet. As it says in Leviticus 23," these are the feasts of The Lord , holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times". This is Gods calendar and His schedule that this verse speaks of and the feasts will fall on set days that The Lord will fulfill .

If one studies the feasts in a biblical and systematic way, one will realize that they follow historical events and they do follow a orderly time schedule. Call it what you may( dispensations). I believe that the history and prophecies of the bible do go in a systematic order and are literally interpreted. The full or partial preterist will not believe this way, because they believe mostly that all history in the bible has already been fulfilled . I do not believe that it all has been fulfilled . There is a lot of prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled and this also includes the remaining feasts.

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
btruth469 said:
The full or partial preterist will not believe this way, because they believe mostly that all history in the bible has already been fulfilled . I do not believe that it all has been fulfilled . There is a lot of prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled and this also includes the remaining feasts.

Ok, but can you prove your opinion with an exegesis of the unfulfilled feasts?

IOWs, can you show why Christ is not the antitype for the fulfillment of OT Feasts of the Lord in the typology?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ebed, I am speaking about the feasts in the way of being fulfilled in a historical and a prophetic way, not in the means of salvation . Christ died, was buried and rose again on the actual 1st 3 feasts days. We are able to be saved because we as Christians trust in what he has done for us and we believe it wholeheartedly !

I already mentioned earlier in this thread a breakdown of the 7 feasts and their significance . You have to admit that we have not seen the fall feasts in their final fulfillment yet. As it says in Leviticus 23," these are the feasts of The Lord , holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times". This is Gods calendar and His schedule that this verse speaks of and the feasts will fall on set days that The Lord will fulfill .

If one studies the feasts in a biblical and systematic way, one will realize that they follow historical events and they do follow a orderly time schedule. Call it what you may( dispensations). I believe that the history and prophecies of the bible do go in a systematic order and are literally interpreted. The full or partial preterist will not believe this way, because they believe mostly that all history in the bible has already been fulfilled . I do not believe that it all has been fulfilled . There is a lot of prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled and this also includes the remaining feasts.

Actually I disagree on this basis. The observance of the feasts ended with the New Covenant. "Systematic theology" is fine...as long as the system fits the scriptures...which overrides anyone's theology!

So I will put forth how I believe Christ fulfilled all of the feasts...BECAUSE HE DID!!!

Jesus had to fulfill them because they're no longer observed. When Paul says the substance of the feasts belongs to Christ that word "substance" basically means "the thing itself":
Blue Letter Bible:
Greek Lexicon :: G4983 (NASB)

That's what Paul is saying...that Christ is the feasts! So it basically comes down to how did Christ do it:

Passover Feast - John the Baptist said "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". This is what the feast pointed to. Jesus sacrifice for our sins. Furthermore Paul clearly says this is so in 1 Corinthians 5:7:
7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.

Feast of Unleavened Bread - Leaven was symbolic of sin when Christ died he was without sin. Paul make the point very well in 1 Corinthians 5:7, 8:
7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.
8 Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The Feast of Firstfruits - Fulfilled by Christ resurrection! as 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 says:
20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.
21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

Furthermore a passage in Matthew 27 that many ignore makes the point many were resurrected when Christ ascended...as Matthew 27:50-52:
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

These who were raised with Christ, are also the firstfruits...and they went with Jesus to THE JERUSALEM ABOVE and appeared to the heavenly host!!!

Feast of Penetecost - Pentecost occurred 50 days after the Feast of Firstfruits. Jesus was the firstfruits and 50 days later on Pentecost the harvest began. That's why Jesus told the disciples in Matthew 9:38:
38 Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”

The apostles began the work of the harvest on Pentecost...and Jesus is LORD OF THE HARVEST!

Feast of Trumpets - This feasts gathered all of God's people for a sabbath rest. This is the one feast that most erroneously attributes to 1 Corinthians 15 51, 52 where Paul speaks of the "last trumpet"...but as Leviticus 23:23-25 tells us the blowing of the trumpets was for a sabbath rest and a offering to the Lord:
23 Again the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
24 “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘In the seventh month on the first of the month you shall have a rest, a reminder by blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation.
25 You shall not do any laborious work, but you shall present an offering by fire to the Lord.’”

Christ fulfills the Feast of Trumpets because we REST in Jesus and offer ourselves as a living sacrifice to Him!!! Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, 29:
28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

The Day of Attonement - It should be easy as Hebrews 9:11, 12:
11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation;
12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Clearly fulfilled in Christ!

Feats of Tabernacles - This feast is misunderstood basically because of the prophecy of Zechariah 14:16...which says
16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

What's really missed in this passage is The Feast of Tabernacles (Booths), speaks of when we finally dwell with God, as Revelation 21:3 says:
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,
How did Christ fulfill the Feast of Tabernacles? He came from heaven to dwell among us as John 1:14 says:
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Furthermore when Jesus went to the Feast of Tabernacles in John 7:37, 38 He said:
37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.
38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’”

At verse 39 we get the idea of HOW the Feast of Tabernacles is again fulfilled:
39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Christ dwells in us by the Holy Spirit! He said again in John 14:23, Jesus paints the picture of the Feast of Tabernacles:
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Now bibletruth469, you don't have to agree...but that is concrete proof from scripture of HOW Christ fulfilled every feast! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yea sis I'm with you.....you can bet for sure future events are going to take place on the feast days ..no doubt about it

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yea sis I'm with you.....you can bet for sure future events are going to take place on the feast days ..no doubt about it
So God is going to set the future events by feasts that Christ fulfilled, were abolished with the end of the OT, and Christians don't celebrate?

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So God is going to set the future events by feasts that Christ fulfilled, were abolished with the end of the OT, and Christians don't celebrate?

Until heaven and Earth pass away.

Ebed, you have abolished the law, but Jesus said himself that he did not come to do this.

Why was Jesus wrong?

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…

If Jesus flat out says that whoever keeps the leasts of the commandments and teaches others to, it is he who will be the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven, and he who doesn't keep them and teaches others not to keep it, it is he who is the least in the kingdom.

Why did he say these things?

If Jesus is wrong in what he has said, then why would you think he could be the Messiah?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Until heaven and Earth pass away.

Ebed, you have abolished the law, but Jesus said himself that he did not come to do this.

Why was Jesus wrong?

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…

If Jesus flat out says that whoever keeps the leasts of the commandments and teaches others to, it is he who will be the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven, and he who doesn't keep them and teaches others not to keep it, it is he who is the least in the kingdom.

Why did he say these things?

If Jesus is wrong in what he has said, then why would you think he could be the Messiah?
How does Jesus become the unblemished lamb if He doesn't fulfill the Law Hannibal.

Furthermore Paul make it very clear Jesus abolished the Law:
Ephesians 2:13-14
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,
15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,

Read that until you believe it Hannibal!

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How does Jesus become the unblemished lamb if He doesn't fulfill the Law Hannibal.

Furthermore Paul make it very clear Jesus abolished the Law:
Ephesians 2:13-14
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,
15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,

Read that until you believe it Hannibal!

I have no problems with that scripture Ebed, but you do have a problem with what Jesus said.

What he said is extremely clear and concise when speaking of the law and the commandments.

Just as he allows people to speak against it, he knew that they would.

Nevertheless, he who keeps the law and teaches it is greater than he who does not keep it and teaches against it.

You want the law to have changed for everyone, but as we have been over many times, Paul himself continued keeping the law.

He went out of his way to prove to the whole world that he himself walked accordingly keeping the laws of Moses.

Does Paul contradict himself and Jesus?

Or is it that you misunderstand Paul?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have no problems with that scripture Ebed, but you do have a problem with what Jesus said.

What he said is extremely clear and concise when speaking of the law and the commandments.

Just as he allows people to speak against it, he knew that they would.

Nevertheless, he who keeps the law and teaches it is greater than he who does not keep it and teaches against it.

You want the law to have changed for everyone, but as we have been over many times, Paul himself continued keeping the law.

He went out of his way to prove to the whole world that he himself walked accordingly keeping the laws of Moses.

Does Paul contradict himself and Jesus?

Or is it that you misunderstand Paul?
You do have a problem Hannibal...IT SAYS JESUS ABOLISHED THE LAW IN HIS FLESH.

How did He do that? HE KEPT IT PERFECTLY AND THE DIED ON THE CROSS!!!

So...as Jesus said "not a jot or tittle failed until Jesus fulfilled it!!! How hard is that to see??? :confused:

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes ... I believe the feast will be celebrated again... Tabernacle for sure... And Passover is supposed to be done in remembrance of Christ ...I believe the feast will be remembered during Christ reign on earth....the Old Testament is not ended for there are those who put themselves under it... The law is to be cast aside for christian ... It is dead to Christians ... But the law still has power upon sinners without Christ ....and many Old Testament prophecies are yet to be fulfilled...

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with your Dispensationalism.

Rabbinic Judaism may agree with your fleshly 1000 year reign of a Messiah though. (that hasn't even come the 1st time!)

In a small way sis... You are fulfilling prophecy..... You might as well say ' where is the promise of his coming?' :)

You do believe Jesus is coming back don't you?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I only see that with Christian dispensationalism.

They want a fleshly, physical kingdom on earth just like the Pharisees!

There is nothing wrong in desiring a physical kingdom on earth.. Who does not want Jesus to rule over the governments of the world?

The Pharisees also wanted the messianic prophecies to come to pass... But its gods time to do so... Not ours...

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes ... I believe the feast will be celebrated again... Tabernacle for sure... And Passover is supposed to be done in remembrance of Christ ...I believe the feast will be remembered during Christ reign on earth....the Old Testament is not ended for there are those who put themselves under it... The law is to be cast aside for christian ... It is dead to Christians ... But the law still has power upon sinners without Christ ....and many Old Testament prophecies are yet to be fulfilled...
No. the remembrance of Christ is done in communion, which Christ left to the church before He went to the cross. That's how Christ told us to remember him.

So believe what you wish, but I can tell you it's not going happen. Just because people put themselves under the Old Covenant out of ignorance, doesn't mean it has validity...for Hebrews 8:13 plainly says:
13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

So this is clearly violating what God said through the writer of Hebrews.

Once again Jesus said "it is finished"!!! To not understand that in saying that, Jesus is saying the Old Covenant is finished and He has made the LAST SACRIFICE TO GOD...is mind boggling! The veil of the temple is then ripped in half....how do people miss that??? Probably because they favor their theology over what God has written.

Upvote 0