✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
Actually I disagree on this basis. The observance of the feasts ended with the New Covenant. "Systematic theology" is fine...as long as the system fits the scriptures...which overrides anyone's theology! So I will put forth how I believe Christ fulfilled all of the feasts...BECAUSE HE DID!!! Jesus had to fulfill them because they're no longer observed. When Paul says the substance of the feasts belongs to Christ that word "substance" basically means "the thing itself": Blue Letter Bible: Greek Lexicon :: G4983 (NASB) That's what Paul is saying...that Christ is the feasts! So it basically comes down to how did Christ do it: Passover Feast - John the Baptist said "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". This is what the feast pointed to. Jesus sacrifice for our sins. Furthermore Paul clearly says this is so in 1 Corinthians 5:7: 7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Feast of Unleavened Bread - Leaven was symbolic of sin when Christ died he was without sin. Paul make the point very well in 1 Corinthians 5:7, 8: 7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. The Feast of Firstfruits - Fulfilled by Christ resurrection! as 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 says: 20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. Furthermore a passage in Matthew 27 that many ignore makes the point many were resurrected when Christ ascended...as Matthew 27:50-52: 50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. 51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many. These who were raised with Christ, are also the firstfruits...and they went with Jesus to THE JERUSALEM ABOVE and appeared to the heavenly host!!! Feast of Penetecost - Pentecost occurred 50 days after the Feast of Firstfruits. Jesus was the firstfruits and 50 days later on Pentecost the harvest began. That's why Jesus told the disciples in Matthew 9:38: 38 Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.” The apostles began the work of the harvest on Pentecost...and Jesus is LORD OF THE HARVEST! Feast of Trumpets - This feasts gathered all of God's people for a sabbath rest. This is the one feast that most erroneously attributes to 1 Corinthians 15 51, 52 where Paul speaks of the "last trumpet"...but as Leviticus 23:23-25 tells us the blowing of the trumpets was for a sabbath rest and a offering to the Lord: 23 Again the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 24 “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘In the seventh month on the first of the month you shall have a rest, a reminder by blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation. 25 You shall not do any laborious work, but you shall present an offering by fire to the Lord.’” Christ fulfills the Feast of Trumpets because we REST in Jesus and offer ourselves as a living sacrifice to Him!!! Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, 29: 28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. The Day of Attonement - It should be easy as Hebrews 9:11, 12: 11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. Clearly fulfilled in Christ! Feats of Tabernacles - This feast is misunderstood basically because of the prophecy of Zechariah 14:16...which says 16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. What's really missed in this passage is The Feast of Tabernacles (Booths), speaks of when we finally dwell with God, as Revelation 21:3 says: 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, How did Christ fulfill the Feast of Tabernacles? He came from heaven to dwell among us as John 1:14 says: 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. Furthermore when Jesus went to the Feast of Tabernacles in John 7:37, 38 He said: 37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” At verse 39 we get the idea of HOW the Feast of Tabernacles is again fulfilled: 39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. Christ dwells in us by the Holy Spirit! He said again in John 14:23, Jesus paints the picture of the Feast of Tabernacles: 23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. Now bibletruth469, you don't have to agree...but that is concrete proof from scripture of HOW Christ fulfilled every feast! :thumbsup:

Well, I disagree with your interpretation of the feasts and what they symbolize. The fall feasts have not been fulfilled yet. The second coming, judgements and the 1000 year reign of Christ are still future events. Christ will be the fulfillment of these future events that will happen . I believe that they will fall on a feast day just like the 1 st coming events did.

What you said above is true about salvation and the spring feasts, Passover , unleavened bread and first fruits, we happen to agree on these fulfillments. It is the fall feasts that we disagree .You mentioned how Christ has already fulfilled the fall feasts above in the scriptures you mentioned. This is not the case. They are still future. We will just have to agree to disagree because we are going around in circles.

Yes, all the feasts are historical , but the fall feasts are also prophetic and will have future fulfillment . Like I mentioned before, I believe that they all fall in a systematic order. You have taken them all out of order in your interpretation .

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. the remembrance of Christ is done in communion, which Christ left to the church before He went to the cross. That's how Christ told us to remember him.

So believe what you wish, but I can tell you it's not going happen. Just because people put themselves under the Old Covenant out of ignorance, doesn't mean it has validity...for Hebrews 8:13 plainly says:
13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

So this is clearly violating what God said through the writer of Hebrews.

Once again Jesus said "it is finished"!!! To not understand that in saying that, Jesus is saying the Old Covenant is finished and He has made the LAST SACRIFICE TO GOD...is mind boggling! The veil of the temple is then ripped in half....how do people miss that??? Probably because they favor their theology over what God has written.

If it was finished on the cross ... Why was the Holy Spirit given I Pentecost after Jesus died and rose again?.... Clearly things were not yet finished...and Jesus promises to return.... Why return if all things were finished?.... What about the resurrection?...clearly things are unfinished

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If it was finished on the cross ... Why was the Holy Spirit given I Pentecost after Jesus died and rose again?.... Clearly things were not yet finished...and Jesus promises to return.... Why return if all things were finished?.... What about the resurrection?...clearly things are unfinished
Because the gospel was to go to the Jews first! Just as Jesus said in Acts 1:8. You must remember that Jesus died at the hands of His own rejecting Him...so the Jews continue with the Old Covenant Law and observe the feast, just as they try to do today.

Peter and the apostles take the occasion of Pentecost to present the gospel KNOWING the Jews would assemble for the feast.!

As you read Peter's sermon in Acts 2 what does Peter tell them? He tells them IT'S A NEW COVENANT!!! He starts by quoting Joel 2!!!!

So don't think the apostles were honoring Pentecost...because they were using the OCCASION of Pentecost to preach the gospel of Christ, which is why Peter tells them YOU CRUCIFIED YOUR MESSIAH!!!

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I disagree with your interpretation of the feasts and what they symbolize. The fall feasts have not been fulfilled yet. The second coming, judgements and the 1000 year reign of Christ are still future events. Christ will be the fulfillment of these future events that will happen . I believe that they will fall on a feast day just like the 1 st coming events did.

What you said above is true about salvation and the spring feasts, Passover , unleavened bread and first fruits, we happen to agree on these fulfillments. It is the fall feasts that we disagree .You mentioned how Christ has already fulfilled the fall feasts above in the scriptures you mentioned. This is not the case. They are still future. We will just have to agree to disagree because we are going around in circles.

Yes, all the feasts are historical , but the fall feasts are also prophetic and will have future fulfillment . Like I mentioned before, I believe that they all fall in a systematic order. You have taken them all out of order in your interpretation .
That fine...but you still haven't said why...if they are not fulfilled, does the church not celebrate them as well as why Paul tells us Christ IS the SUBSTANCE of the feasts. Should we just ignore that???

This is the conundrum! If Christ doesn't fulfill them why did they end and why is Paul telling us we are not to allow others to judge us for not keeping the feast???

Lastly...why does the book of Hebrews tell us Christ fulfills them all???

You truly have an issue with your view because it's very clear the church is not to keep these feast because they were given under the Old Covenant which Christ abolished!

We as Christians are even likened to the feasts....as Paul tells us in Romans 12:1:
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

How do we miss these messages?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You do have a problem Hannibal...IT SAYS JESUS ABOLISHED THE LAW IN HIS FLESH.

How did He do that? HE KEPT IT PERFECTLY AND THE DIED ON THE CROSS!!!

So...as Jesus said "not a jot or tittle failed until Jesus fulfilled it!!! How hard is that to see??? :confused:

UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH DISSAPPEAR COTTON PICKER!:kiss:

Ebed, try and put yourself in the shoes of a Jew.

Paul proves himself that he kept the law till the day he died.

He made provisions for gentiles not to keep the whole law, but that was only after decades of debate whether Gentiles should keep the law just as Jews continued keeping the law.

The fact that Jews continued keeping the law was never in debate.

The only debate is whether or not gentiles should keep the law as Jews continued keeping it.

Paul went around teaching the law to gentiles and was angry at them many times because they were still babies in their understanding of the law.

Paul wanting them to study the law until they knew the law well, there was no New Testament, what they were teaching WAS THE LAW.

God gave them this law as forever commandments until the Earth would be consumed in fire, and the heavens rolled up like a scroll.

Should the Jew suddenly say,'' The law is abolished and nobody should keep the law.?''

How could they say such a thing when God DEMANDS that his people keep the commandments?

PAUL DID NOT TEACH JEWS NOT TO KEEP THE LAW COTTON PICKER!:kiss:

Paul went out of his way to prove the lies being told about him were lies.

The lies that were being told killed the disciples, this lie was saying that Paul and the disciples were teaching Jews everywhere to forsake the laws of Moses.

LIES.

YOU are showing the lies to be true Ebed.

Is it a lie that Paul and the disciples were teaching Jews to forsake the laws of Moses?

I can only believe that you stand behind this lie, and say that it was not a lie.

That's what I am getting from you.

That liars were paid to lie against Stephen saying that Stephen was teaching Jews to forsake the laws of Moses.

WAS IT A LIE?

Or is the scripture a lie when it says liars were paid?

Or was Stephen really going around teaching Jews to forsake the laws of Moses?

Can't you see my problem?

If they were lies, then what is the truth?

What was the lie against Stephen Ebed?
What was the lies against Paul in Acts 21 Ebed?

The scripture says that liars were telling a bad rumor about Paul, a lie saying that Paul taught Jews to forsake the laws of Moses.

This is the same thing that you are saying Ebed, that Paul and the disciples taught Jews everywhere to forsake the laws of Moses.

Is that the truth, or is it a lie?

You are showing the lie not to be a lie.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH DISSAPPEAR COTTON PICKER!:kiss:

That's not what it says Hannibal...read it carefully...Matthew 5:17, 18:
17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

So Jesus did what He said!!! HE FULFILLED THE LAW Hannibal!!! When He fulfilled the Law, He went to the cross...AT THAT POINT ALL WAS ACCOMPLISHED...and did heaven and earth didn't pass away? No! So Jesus was correct!!!

Also when Christ died...what HAPPENED? A New Covenant was instituted! Jesus said to His disciples in Matthew 26:27, 28:
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Try again Hannibal.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That's not what it says Hannibal...read it carefully...Matthew 5:17, 18:
17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

So Jesus did what He said!!! HE FULFILLED THE LAW Hannibal!!! When He fulfilled the Law, He went to the cross...AT THAT POINT ALL WAS ACCOMPLISHED...and did heaven and earth didn't pass away? No! So Jesus was correct!!!

Also when Christ died...what HAPPENED? A New Covenant was instituted! Jesus said to His disciples in Matthew 26:27, 28:
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Try again Hannibal.

If everything was accomplished Ebed, then there would be immortals living in taberncales of immortality when all the feast days have truly come to a fulfillment.

If all was complete, then there would be no use in talking about any type of future prophecy, because all would be fulfilled.

But all is not fulfilled Ebed.

Is this life in this wretched body the promise we wait upon?

Or do we wait on the promise of immortality and reigning and ruling with the Messiah in a true incorruptible body that the feast of First fruits, Sukkot and all the feasts point to, OUR promises.

WE wait on the promise of the giving of the last rains in the last Harvest days.

It simply has not taken place, I know this because there are in fact, not people walking around that look like gods.

So how am I to think that all has been fulfilled when I know that the true Passover has not come, only a shadow.

I know that the true Pentecost has not come, only a shadow of things to come.

I know that I am living and not being currently immortal, there is a promise still unfulfilled.

I know that the whole world will bring up the wealth of the world to bow and present them to the feet of Israel and this has not happened.

I know that the whole world will celebrate the feast of Tabernacles or THEY WILL HAVE NO END OF DAYS RAIN{SPIRIT}.

When has the whole world been in unison in celebrating the feast of Tabernacles?

It hasn't happened Ebed, and so I wait on Sukkot to come.

Has the whole world been terrified so bad that all who are left alive have began keeping the feast of Tabernacles?

Those who refuse, Their mouths will melt in they heads, and their eyes will melt in they heads.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If everything was accomplished Ebed, then there would be immortals living in taberncales of immortality when all the feast days have truly come to a fulfillment.

If all was complete, then there would be no use in talking about any type of future prophecy, because all would be fulfilled.

But all is not fulfilled Ebed.

Is this life in this wretched body the promise we wait upon?

Or do we wait on the promise of immortality and reigning and ruling with the Messiah in a true incorruptible body that the feast of First fruits, Sukkot and all the feasts point to, OUR promises.

WE wait on the promise of the giving of the last rains in the last Harvest days.

It simply has not taken place, I know this because there are in fact, not people walking around that look like gods.

So how am I to think that all has been fulfilled when I know that the true Passover has not come, only a shadow.

I know that the true Pentecost has not come, only a shadow of things to come.

I know that I am living and not being currently immortal, there is a promise still unfulfilled.

I know that the whole world will bring up the wealth of the world to bow and present them to the feet of Israel and this has not happened.

I know that the whole world will celebrate the feast of Tabernacles or THEY WILL HAVE NO END OF DAYS RAIN{SPIRIT}.

When has the whole world been in unison in celebrating the feast of Tabernacles?

It hasn't happened Ebed, and so I wait on Sukkot to come.

Has the whole world been terrified so bad that all who are left alive have began keeping the feast of Tabernacles?

Those who refuse, Their mouths will melt in they heads, and their eyes will melt in they heads.
At this point Hannibal, I would refer you to the New Testament for a thorough reading.

I really believe you truly don't understand, or you're being intentionally evasive.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
At this point Hannibal, I would refer you to the New Testament for a thorough reading.

I really believe you truly don't understand, or you're being intentionally evasive.

I have a different perspective on things because I have spent 12 years of intense study on the feasts and promises of the feasts.

I love a thing and so I engulf myself, and learn every little thing I can about a thing because I do love it.

You have a different perspective because you do not love the feasts and promises of the feasts.

And if you do not love the feasts enough to study everything that is said and happens on them, how will you form a really good opinion about something you hate and wont study?

There are 7 visitation days of God, 7 days that he will visit us.

There are functions and missions to fulfill on each one of these days.

Let's talk about the 7 days of Jesus.

He is the one who visits, what did he accomplish, and when did he visit us on Shemini Atzereth?

My point is this.

If you have not spent a great deal of time learning what happens on this day, or what is promised on this visitation day of God, then how do you have a strong opinion?

What did Jesus do on this day, and what is the promise?

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The promise
7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a different perspective on things because I have spent 12 years of intense study on the feasts and promises of the feasts.

I love a thing and so I engulf myself, and learn every little thing I can about a thing because I do love it.

You have a different perspective because you do not love the feasts and promises of the feasts.

And if you do not love the feasts enough to study everything that is said and happens on them, how will you form a really good opinion about something you hate and wont study?

There are 7 visitation days of God, 7 days that he will visit us.

There are functions and missions to fulfill on each one of these days.

Let's talk about the 7 days of Jesus.

He is the one who visits, what did he accomplish, and when did he visit us on Shemini Atzereth?

My point is this.

If you have not spent a great deal of time learning what happens on this day, or what is promised on this visitation day of God, then how do you have a strong opinion?

What did Jesus do on this day, and what is the promise?
Hannibal, you really don't want to know how much time I've spent on the feasts given by the Lord to Israel in the Law.

Two covenants are not in effect today...you best believe that...so you need to figure it out on your own. The feasts were given in the OT Law.

Hebrews 9:15-17 explains how covenants work:
15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.
17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.

In your Judaism...I know it's hard...so I leave you to wrestle with it.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hannibal, you really don't want to know how much time I've spent on the feasts given by the Lord to Israel in the Law.

Two covenants are not in effect today...you best believe that...so you need to figure it out on your own. The feasts were given in the OT Law.

Hebrews 9:15-17 explains how covenants work:
15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.
17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.

In your Judaism...I know it's hard...so I leave you to wrestle with it.

If you know, then tell us what Jesus did on Shemini Atzereth.

Passover, and Pentecost are very important days when very important things are promised.

If we should know what Passover and Pentecost teach of Jesus, we should also know what Shemini Atzereth teaches about Jesus.

What does Shemini Atzereth teach about Jesus?

What did Jesus come to do on that day, what did he accomplish, and how is it fulfilled?

You say you know, then tell us.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you know, then tell us what Jesus did on Shemini Atzereth.

Passover, and Pentecost are very important days when very important things are promised.

If we should know what Passover and Pentecost teach of Jesus, we should also know what Shemini Atzereth teaches about Jesus.

What does Shemini Atzereth teach about Jesus?

What did Jesus come to do on that day, what did he accomplish, and how is it fulfilled?

You say you know, then tell us.
No...I won't...because this is a day the Jews created. God did NOT command Shemini Atzereth, that's something the Jews added.

I usually go to Judaism 101 when it comes to understanding Judaism.

When it comes to the feasts...I like to read them from the Complete Jewish Bible, because they use the Jewish names for the feasts and it equips me to be able to have a conversation with Jews about the feasts.

When I read Leviticus 23, which lays out all the feasts guess what never appears? You guessed...it Shemini Atzereth.

This is Levitcus 23 from the Complete Jewish Bible:
Adonai said to Moshe,
2 “Tell the people of Isra’el: ‘The designated times of Adonai which you are to proclaim as holy convocations are my designated times.
3 “‘Work is to be done on six days; but the seventh day is a Shabbat of complete rest, a holy convocation; you are not to do any kind of work; it is a Shabbat for Adonai, even in your homes.
4 “‘These are the designated times of Adonai, the holy convocations you are to proclaim at their designated times.

Passover/Unleavened Bread
5 “‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between sundown and complete darkness, comes Pesach for Adonai.
6 On the fifteenth day of the same month is the festival of matzah; for seven days you are to eat matzah.
7 On the first day you are to have a holy convocation; don’t do any kind of ordinary work.
8 Bring an offering made by fire to Adonai for seven days. On the seventh day is a holy convocation; do not do any kind of ordinary work.’”

Firstfruits
9 Adonai said to Moshe,
10 “Tell the people of Isra’el, ‘After you enter the land I am giving you and harvest its ripe crops, you are to bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the cohen.
11 He is to wave the sheaf before Adonai, so that you will be accepted; the cohen is to wave it on the day after the Shabbat.
12 On the day that you wave the sheaf, you are to offer a male lamb without defect, in its first year, as a burnt offering for Adonai.
13 Its grain offering is to be one gallon of fine flour mixed with olive oil, an offering made by fire to Adonai as a fragrant aroma; its drink offering is to be of wine, one quart.
14 You are not to eat bread, dried grain or fresh grain until the day you bring the offering for your God; this is a permanent regulation through all your generations, no matter where you live.

Pentecost
15 “‘From the day after the day of rest — that is, from the day you bring the sheaf for waving — you are to count seven full weeks,
16 until the day after the seventh week; you are to count fifty days; and then you are to present a new grain offering to Adonai.
17 You must bring bread from your homes for waving — two loaves made with one gallon of fine flour, baked with leaven — as firstfruits for Adonai.
18 Along with the bread, present seven lambs without defect one year old, one young bull and two rams; these will be a burnt offering for Adonai, with their grain and drink offerings, an offering made by fire as a fragrant aroma for Adonai.
19 Offer one male goat as a sin offering and two male lambs one year old as a sacrifice of peace offerings.
20 The cohen will wave them with the bread of the firstfruits as a wave offering before Adonai, with the two lambs; these will be holy for Adonai for the cohen.
21 On the same day, you are to call a holy convocation; do not do any kind of ordinary work; this is a permanent regulation through all your generations, no matter where you live.
22 “‘When you harvest the ripe crops produced in your land, don’t harvest all the way to the corners of your field, and don’t gather the ears of grain left by the harvesters; leave them for the poor and the foreigner; I am Adonai your God.’”

Trumpets
(v) 23 Adonai said to Moshe,
24 “Tell the people of Isra’el, ‘In the seventh month, the first of the month is to be for you a day of complete rest for remembering, a holy convocation announced with blasts on the shofar.
25 Do not do any kind of ordinary work, and bring an offering made by fire to Adonai.’”

Day of Atonement
26 Adonai said to Moshe,
27 “The tenth day of this seventh month is Yom-Kippur; you are to have a holy convocation, you are to deny yourselves, and you are to bring an offering made by fire to Adonai.
28 You are not to do any kind of work on that day, because it is Yom-Kippur, to make atonement for you before Adonai your God.
29 Anyone who does not deny himself on that day is to be cut off from his people;
30 and anyone who does any kind of work on that day, I will destroy from among his people.
31 You are not to do any kind of work; it is a permanent regulation through all your generations, no matter where you live.
32 It will be for you a Shabbat of complete rest, and you are to deny yourselves; you are to rest on your Shabbat from evening the ninth day of the month until the following evening.”

Tabernacles
(vi) 33 Adonai said to Moshe,
34 “Tell the people of Isra’el, ‘On the fifteenth day of this seventh month is the feast of Sukkot for seven days to Adonai.
35 On the first day there is to be a holy convocation; do not do any kind of ordinary work.
36 For seven days you are to bring an offering made by fire to Adonai; on the eighth day you are to have a holy convocation and bring an offering made by fire to Adonai ; it is a day of public assembly; do not do any kind of ordinary work.
37 “‘These are the designated times of Adonai that you are to proclaim as holy convocations and bring an offering made by fire to Adonai — a burnt offering, a grain offering, a sacrifice and drink offerings, each on its own day —
38 besides the Shabbats of Adonai, your gifts, all your vows and all your voluntary offerings that you give to Adonai.
39 “‘But on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered the produce of the land, you are to observe the festival of Adonai seven days; the first day is to be a complete rest and the eighth day is to be a complete rest.
40 On the first day you are to take choice fruit, palm fronds, thick branches and river-willows, and celebrate in the presence of Adonai your God for seven days.
41 You are to observe it as a feast to Adonai seven days in the year; it is a permanent regulation, generation after generation; keep it in the seventh month.
42 You are to live in sukkot for seven days; every citizen of Isra’el is to live in a sukkah,
43 so that generation after generation of you will know that I made the people of Isra’el live in sukkot when I brought them out of the land of Egypt; I am Adonai your God.’”
44 Thus Moshe announced to the people of Isra’el the designated times of Adonai.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Why do I not see the Shemeni Azeret in that? This is what Judaism 101 says of that:
These two holidays are commonly thought of as part of Sukkot, but that is technically incorrect; Shemini Atzeret is a holiday in its own right and does not involve some of the special observances of Sukkot.

So the Shemeni Atzeret is NOT there in scripture. It's something Rabbis made up Hannibal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the gospel was to go to the Jews first! Just as Jesus said in Acts 1:8. You must remember that Jesus died at the hands of His own rejecting Him...so the Jews continue with the Old Covenant Law and observe the feast, just as they try to do today.

Peter and the apostles take the occasion of Pentecost to present the gospel KNOWING the Jews would assemble for the feast.!

As you read Peter's sermon in Acts 2 what does Peter tell them? He tells them IT'S A NEW COVENANT!!! He starts by quoting Joel 2!!!!

So don't think the apostles were honoring Pentecost...because they were using the OCCASION of Pentecost to preach the gospel of Christ, which is why Peter tells them YOU CRUCIFIED YOUR MESSIAH!!!

I'm not saying the apostles were honoring Pentecost.. I'm saying an event took place on Pentecost... The giving of the Holy Spirit ... It was an outpouring given to the early church so that they would be able to spread the gospel effectively

An event took place as a sign and fulfillment of a promise Jesus made

There are other promises Jesus made... And I believe many if not all these promises will take place on holy days of the feast just as it did on Pentecost...

Events such as:
The resurrection
The rapture
The second coming of Jesus
Judgement day of nations
Final judgement
The coming of gods tabernacle New Jerusalem

And perhaps many other events will take place on feast days as a sign from god to convince the world that god is moving

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not saying the apostles were honoring Pentecost.. I'm saying an event took place on Pentecost... The giving of the Holy Spirit ... It was an outpouring given to the early church so that they would be able to spread the gospel effectively

An event took place as a sign and fulfillment of a promise Jesus made

There are other promises Jesus made... And I believe many if not all these promises will take place on holy days of the feast just as it did on Pentecost...

Events such as:
The resurrection
The rapture
The second coming of Jesus
Judgement day of nations
Final judgement
The coming of gods tabernacle New Jerusalem

And perhaps many other events will take place on feast days as a sign from god to convince the world that god is moving

Not likely...but I see what you think. I think Jesus fulfills Pentecost on that 1st sermon Peter preached...and He prepared them as He told them in John 20:22:
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

I really can't believe you can't see Jesus fulfills the Feast of Tabernacles when he came to earth...He is truly God dwelling with men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not likely...but I see what you think. I think Jesus fulfills Pentecost on that 1st sermon Peter preached...and He prepared them as He told them in John 20:22:
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

I really can't believe you can't see Jesus fulfills the Feast of Tabernacles when he came to earth...He is truly God dwelling with men.

I do believe Jesus fulfilled tabernacles .. No doubt

I'm saying the feast are on going ...unless the calendar ends... If the sun and moon disappear forever then days end... But we still have the sun and moon...so gods feast have not ended... Gods holy days still exist until he chooses otherwise

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I'm wondering is are the feast days suppose to be a part of Christianity or are they only for Jews and a part of the old covenant only...as a sign for Jews only to convince the new covenant is real and enforced ???

Where the feast days temporarily abrupt?

Where the feast days supposed to be observed by Christians and evil forces hid them from believers?

Does the temple have to be built for feast days to be observed?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I'm sure of... That Jesus fulfilled the law for us... So all the promises that the law and the prophets have given will be fulfilled in us by faith in him... Because of him alone
Salvation
Resurrection
Redemption the law paid for ..debt of sin gone forever..
Deliverance from the power of the law to judge us
Forgiveness
Mercy
Stand before god
See god
Live in heavenly places
Kings
Rulers
All the promises are yes and amen

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One thing I'm sure of... That Jesus fulfilled the law for us... So all the promises that the law and the prophets have given will be fulfilled in us by faith in him... Because of him alone
Salvation
Resurrection
Redemption the law paid for ..debt of sin gone forever..
Deliverance from the power of the law to judge us
Forgiveness
Mercy
Stand before god
See god
Live in heavenly places
Kings
Rulers
All the promises are yes and amen
Ok...so you look at the Law...right there in Leviticus 23 you see all of the feast, and you say Christ fulfilled the Law for us...but not the feasts? Am I reading you right?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok...so you look at the Law...right there in Leviticus 23 you see all of the feast, and you say Christ fulfilled the Law for us...but not the feasts? Am I reading you right?

I have no idea if the feast were a part of the law... Or if the feast were something separate from the law

Yes Christ fulfilled the law .. No doubt...he did it for us believers... But the law still has power on those that are under the law... The law judges those who use the law unlawfully... The law will condemn sinners against the law ...

I believe the feast still exist in the eyes of god ... They are gods feast

And I believe all the feast point to Christ

I also believe whether a Christian keeps the feast or not .. That whatever the feast promises ... Christians receive the benefits of the feast because of faith in Jesus

Upvote 0