Are so called aliens and ufo's really demons and /or angels ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My brother you seem to always look for confrontation.

Why??

How have you the nerve to say that when the post I replied to was you calling someone ignorant. I thought the irony was delicious since I think (no make that I know) that the aerospace engineer and programmer guys know less geology than your average 1st year undergrad and are thus ignorant.

The Why seems it should be addressed at you.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟226,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
your retirt shows your ignorance
I 'spect not. Having a physical condition that short of a medical breakthrough or the intervention of God will one day kill me has given me a keen interest in such things. There are a variety of "holistic cures" for my condition, none of which have proven to have prolonged anyone's life any more than placebo would have done.

Nutrition constitutes a good adjunct therapy for what ails me, and I take a wheelbarrow load of vitamins and other nutrients every day toward that end. But it's the dope and diet that the (Boo! hiss!) doctors have given me, as well as the grace of God, that keeps me living in what is, to all outward appearances, normalcy.

Upvote 0

BombShelterBob

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Jipsah said:
The really amazing thing is that the body can, and sometimes even in the gravest extremity does, heal itself. I don't think that "holistic" quackery has every cured anyone of anything other than affluence
What does that even mean? Do you believe Jesus rose from the dead or not? The body can heal itself? Jesus body didn't heal itself. He rose from the dead. His body was dead, as in beyond healing itself, then he rose. Just like that. I believe that literally. Do you?

Jipsah said:
assume that EVC is some internet forum or the other. Kinda ironic that people are using computers to talk about chickenboning science, don't you think? Seems like they ought to be huddled around a camp fire somewhere wearing animal skins
I think i responded to this already. Apparently you all were so busy bickering to notice, or maybe the link i provided didn't meet your stringent requirments.

carey said:
I think he was referring to
1 Timothy 6 : 20Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, 21which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.

Bob said:
Thank you. That's exactly what i'm saying. Man/Science Says, or at least tell my children in school "Billions of years ago, deep under the ocean, the pores and pockets in minerals that surrounded warm, alkaline springs catalyzed the beginning of life"
http://www.americanscientist.org/tem.../assetid/48545
I had to ignore that, and the scientific notion that dead tissue can never be made to live again when i became Christian. If you can tell me how Christ is not at odds with science i'd like to hear it. I think the school system should hear it, because apparently they have the idea it's sound science to say there is no God, that we are here due to natural occurrences. I can't believe you have never heard this before.

I don't think i can make it any clearer. I think these things are very important to salvation, and i think(no make that i know) if you don't believe with all your heart you will not be saved.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
How have you the nerve to say that when the post I replied to was you calling someone ignorant. I thought the irony was delicious since I think (no make that I know) that the aerospace engineer and programmer guys know less geology than your average 1st year undergrad and are thus ignorant.

The Why seems it should be addressed at you.

Here is a geologist who is getting closer.

http://www.trustbible.com/noah.htm

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
I 'spect not. Having a physical condition that short of a medical breakthrough or the intervention of God will one day kill me has given me a keen interest in such things. There are a variety of "holistic cures" for my condition, none of which have proven to have prolonged anyone's life any more than placebo would have done.

Nutrition constitutes a good adjunct therapy for what ails me, and I take a wheelbarrow load of vitamins and other nutrients every day toward that end. But it's the dope and diet that the (Boo! hiss!) doctors have given me, as well as the grace of God, that keeps me living in what is, to all outward appearances, normalcy.

Its against the rules for me to talk about medical advice.
But you may want to check into the effects of minerals and lack of.

And also particle size of the supplements you take.

If they are micron size particles your body cannot readily absorb them. The need to be processed and broken down to angstrom size particles for proper absorbtion.

They are hard to find but they are out there.

there is a cool site on natural health called curezone.com

God bless,
Carey

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is a geologist who is getting closer.

http://www.trustbible.com/noah.htm

LOL - did you even read it?

(You also might want to check out the Tollmann Bolide theory a little closer and see what the geological community thinks of it.)

This is what science does - soemone puts forth a hypothesis and then dozens if not hundreds of other scientists analyse it. Tollmanns hypothesis was pretty much instantly discredited. Quite simply it has as many problems as the Global Flood - the features it would create are not seen.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
LOL - did you even read it?

(You also might want to check out the Tollmann Bolide theory a little closer and see what the geological community thinks of it.)

This is what science does - soemone puts forth a hypothesis and then dozens if not hundreds of other scientists analyse it. Tollmanns hypothesis was pretty much instantly discredited. Quite simply it has as many problems as the Global Flood - the features it would create are not seen.

hahahahahaha that was my point

20Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, 21which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.

Science almost always is a joke.

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Science almost always is a joke.

Well quit being hypocritical and get off your computer. Get rid of the phone, TV, antibiotics, shampoo, detergent, turn off the power supply to your house, remove the insulation from your home, refuse to use the internal combustion engine, don't use an aeroplane, no riding on the subway, no gel insoles to cushio your feet etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ...... etc. etc.

I bet you don't. In fact - my guess is that you put as much faith in many fruits of science as anything else in your life. It's just when that pesky science falsifies some OT myth you get all irate.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Well quit being hypocritical and get off your computer. Get rid of the phone, TV, antibiotics, shampoo, detergent, turn off the power supply to your house, remove the insulation from your home, refuse to use the internal combustion engine, don't use an aeroplane, no riding on the subway, no gel insoles to cushio your feet etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ...... etc. etc.

I bet you don't. In fact - my guess is that you put as much faith in many fruits of science as anything else in your life. It's just when that pesky science falsifies some OT myth you get all irate.

You missed the word ALMOST always is ajoke.

Whenever science tries to contradict scriptur is when its a Joke 100% of the time.

The bible even warned of the stupidity of man thinking he can outthink God and his Holy word the Bible.

20Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, 21which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟226,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe Jesus rose from the dead or not?
Was that question meant to be insulting or just astonishingly dumb? But in case it was the latter, remind yourself that one of the basic Christian confessions is that "on the third day [our Lord] rose again from the dead."

Belief in the efficacy of quack medicine is not, however, a basic Christian belief.

The body can heal itself?
Didja ever cut your finger? Did it require surgery, prayer and fasting, or a special preparation of snake oil for it to heal? Or did it heal itself?

Jesus body didn't heal itself. He rose from the dead.
Do you believe that this was the result of some quack nostrum?

I don't think i can make it any clearer.
Considering that I haven't the vaguest clue what it is that you're blathering about, that statement must necessarily be false.

if you don't believe with all your heart you will not be saved.
Believe in what? Phony medicine?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BombShelterBob

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Jipsah said:
Didja ever cut your finger? Did it require surgery, prayer and fasting, or a special preparation of snake oil for it to heal? Or did it heal itself?
I'm not talking about that crap. you need to go back, and read
I assume that EVC is some internet forum or the other. Kinda ironic that people are using computers to talk about chickenboning science, don't you think? Seems like they ought to be huddled around a camp fire somewhere wearing animal skins.
No, you don't. In fact the idea is silly. Science is simply a matter of describing what is. Why should a Christian need to toss it out the window?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.