Are professed Christians who deliberately practice sin saved?

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is because of what the Holy Days, or holidays have came to, or come to, or eventually come to, think about holiday's like Halloween, and what people do on new years, and how Easter is almost a mockery of God... In Jesus Day, the cleansing of the temple...

Over time, nations prospered, got worse, because of this...

None of mans holidays have anything to do with Gods Holy Days. Not even in the same time period.

God's Biblical Holy Day Calendar (2013-2024)

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You're not going to like this, but I don't see it as an escape clause. Verse 9 follows verse 8 which is not about a Christian; therefore, verse 9 is how to become a Christian. Once a true Christian, then they are verse 7. A true Christian is dead to sin, and not in the flesh because they are following the Spirit, but only if they have truly repented in the first place and have received the promised Spirit. So if they don't commit willful sin, which is the kind meant, then verse 9 is no longer needed by a true Christian.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Escape in which way? Did buggy mean we have permission to sin? I doubt it. If the Christian didn't ever sun there would be no need for John to tell us If.... confess what? our sins. I don't buy John is talking to unregenerate people. John wouldn't be talking this way to unbelievers. Why would John be wanting fellowship with unbelievers?

James says we sin because we are drawn away by the lust of our flesh.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I meditated on the word

Jesus kept the Sabbath and accepted passover. I would follow the instructions of the Holy Spirit. Man will tell you what to do like the pheresis did in Jesus day. Where dealing with the same thing but in a different form. If people don't want to eat meat that's up to them. The Old Testament tells us certain animals are unclean and we shouldn't eat them.
So Jesus kept the Sabbath and Passover. How does that apply to Christians. We have a new Passover (Jesus) and a different ceremony if you will established by Him.

• Agree
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I followed this back using the arrows, and she quoted scripture. What about those scripture don't you agree with? She wasn't doing any of the things you are accusing her of. When you provide scripture, we should all judge ourselves against them. How can you fault Scripture???

Yes, we are not under the law, but why? It is because we are under the law of the Spirit. The Spirit does not sin, and with the Spirit guiding us - we don't either. But that is ONLY if we actually have been given the Spirit. In no way does following the Spirit give us a license to sin.
What Scripture do think I disagree with? What Scripture do you think I find fault with?

Where have you ever found any post of mine promoting a license to sin?

• Agree
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And how does my post say we are obligated to the law? We are obligated to Jesus Christ and His example. We are to search for perfection, yet we know as long as we live in this earthly body we will never be able to reach that goal. I've explained why. No need to go over that again.
What do you mean with "His example?"

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good grief, you guys. Alexpro brought up the Sabbath, and she told him we are under the New Covenant, not the old, and used that verse. Stop accusing her! You two are the ones breaking the rules.
Post 124 comes before post 150. She responded to buggy not Alexpro. And so we are. We, well at least some of us have read the entire Bible. This means we know about the sins listed in one of her posts. In light of the OP isn't that accusatory in that she said willful sin with her Hebrews 10 quote? What is her basis? No she hasn't stomped on my toes. She could be over reacting to the OSAS doctrine. No I don't support that either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you a 100% the law is our tutor and follow the Holy Spirit. I follow the Holy Spirit.
I celebrate Passover some Christians don't, that's up to the individual if they wants to celebrate it or not.
Jesus excepted Passover and the 12 deciples did as well. I stopped listening to man and started listening more to the Holy Spirit and the Old Testament tells us certain animals are unclean to eat like pigs. I believe a hundred percent pigs are the worse thing you can eat.
Why did Jesus keep the Passover?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wow....i guess it is true....” no good deed goes unpunished” my post to you was as friendly as could be, even threw in a little levity to show that I consider you a friend even though we disagree on some things. And after I clearly stated that God has chastised me when I do wrong......you accuse me of thinking I am “ perfect “. I expected better from you.
The unwritten law here is: Thou shalt agree with every post preceding yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What obligation does a gentile have to the Holy days given to Israel? That covenant doesn't apply to Christians.

Where does it say that? Are you saying that the sabbath is no longer relevant? Passover? Do you celebrate mans holidays as if they were "christian" holy days?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where does it say that? Are you saying that the sabbath is no longer relevant? Passover? Do you celebrate mans holidays as if they were "christian" holy days?
I doubt you'll listen but -

Jeremiah 31:31-33
Luke 22:20
Romans 10:4
Hebrew 7:12
Hebrews 8:6-13
Hebrews 10:9

Romans 8:14 says we don't follow the law just like Galatians 5:18. Romans 7:6 says we're not under the law right along with 6:14, 15.

Now what do you mean celebrate man's holidays? Do you mean I don't do good or send seasons greetings and well wishes? Maybe you mean dress up and go to church to impress people I don't know at Easter. It sure couldn't be to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Escape in which way? Did buggy mean we have permission to sin? I doubt it. If the Christian didn't ever sun there would be no need for John to tell us If.... confess what? our sins. I don't buy John is talking to unregenerate people. John wouldn't be talking this way to unbelievers. Why would John be wanting fellowship with unbelievers?

James says we sin because we are drawn away by the lust of our flesh.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

James also said to resist the devil and he will flee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I doubt you'll listen but -

Jeremiah 31:31-33
Luke 22:20
Romans 10:4
Hebrew 7:12
Hebrews 8:6-13
Hebrews 10:9

Romans 8:14 says we don't follow the law just like Galatians 5:18. Romans 7:6 says we're not under the law right along with 6:14, 15.

Now what do you mean celebrate man's holidays? Do you mean I don't do good or send seasons greetings and well wishes? Maybe you mean dress up and go to church to impress people I don't know at Easter. It sure couldn't be to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.
Were you supposed to wink after the last comment?

bugkiller

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0