• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Are professed Christians who deliberately practice sin saved?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Lily of Valleys, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Old Trapper

Old Trapper Active Member

+94
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Interesting twist on the definition of murder. Christ said hatred is murder. However, I know of no place where murder is limited to that of killing the innocent. If I go out, and kill a rapist (vigilantism) is that self defense, or some other form of justifiable homicide?

2. Alexpro

Alexpro New avitar picture. Supporter

+69
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I meditated on the word
    Jesus kept the Sabbath and accepted passover. I would follow the instructions of the Holy Spirit. Man will tell you what to do like the pheresis did in Jesus day. Where dealing with the same thing but in a different form. If people don't want to eat meat that's up to them. The Old Testament tells us certain animals are unclean and we shouldn't eat them.

3. Alexpro

+69
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Its a great scripture. I really like that verse.

4. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+4,126
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    I followed this back using the arrows, and she quoted scripture. What about those scripture don't you agree with? She wasn't doing any of the things you are accusing her of. When you provide scripture, we should all judge ourselves against them. How can you fault Scripture???

Yes, we are not under the law, but why? It is because we are under the law of the Spirit. The Spirit does not sin, and with the Spirit guiding us - we don't either. But that is ONLY if we actually have been given the Spirit. In no way does following the Spirit give us a license to sin.

5. 1stcenturylady

+4,126
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    What about those (not you obviously; you're perfect) who accepted Christ as a child, but now prefer to live their life abusing it? They have no power over sin. Did they receive the Holy Spirit when they accepted Christ as a child? How does one in OSAS actually know they are saved?

6. jmldn2

jmldn2 Newbie Supporter

+155
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    And how does my post say we are obligated to the law? We are obligated to Jesus Christ and His example. We are to search for perfection, yet we know as long as we live in this earthly body we will never be able to reach that goal. I've explained why. No need to go over that again.

7. 1stcenturylady

+4,126
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Good grief, you guys. Alexpro brought up the Sabbath, and she told him we are under the New Covenant, not the old, and used that verse. Stop accusing her! You two are the ones breaking the rules.

8. jmldn2

jmldn2 Newbie Supporter

+155
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    So? Where have I denied our soul is redeemed and born again? Our deeds, works, service will be judged whether good or bad.

9. Alexpro

+69
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I agree with you a 100% the law is our tutor and follow the Holy Spirit. I follow the Holy Spirit.
    I celebrate Passover some Christians don't, that's up to the individual if they wants to celebrate it or not.
    Jesus excepted Passover and the 12 deciples did as well. I stopped listening to man and started listening more to the Holy Spirit and the Old Testament tells us certain animals are unclean to eat like pigs. I believe a hundred percent pigs are the worse thing you can eat.

10. Blood Bought 1953

Blood Bought 1953 Ned Flander’s Buddy

+1,323
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Wow....i guess it is true....” no good deed goes unpunished” my post to you was as friendly as could be, even threw in a little levity to show that I consider you a friend even though we disagree on some things. And after I clearly stated that God has chastised me when I do wrong......you accuse me of thinking I am “ perfect “. I expected better from you.

11. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    There is no Scripture to justify any claim that salvation once won can be lost. Either a person is saved or else their salvation was always a fake. There are no other options.

An act of God cannot be undone by an act of man. It simply cannot be done because God is God; we are not. Putting it simply, God does not disown any of his children; we may choose to disown him but he will never disown us.

See the Parable of the Prodigal Son for further details.

Luke 15:11-32

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. 1stcenturylady

+4,126
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Sorry, mine was meant to be friendly too. From our posts, I consider you to be a true Christian, and perfect. :) You've learned from your chastisements, as I have. Any night you go to bed with a clear conscience, you're perfect - at least until tomorrow. That's what it meant when Jesus said, "Be perfect." It is present tense. Paul said, "I die daily." Tomorrow is another day. So you are perfect, and so am I. My concern is for those who don't go to bed with a clear conscience, who live in darkness, and still claim they have fellowship with God. So, please forgive my lack of including a smiley face to show intent. I wasn't trying to be rude. But maybe you don't see being perfect, the same way I do. It was a compliment to you.

So my question remains about people in general.

What about those who accepted Christ as a child, but now prefer to live their life abusing it? They have no power over sin. Did they receive the Holy Spirit when they accepted Christ as a child? How does one in OSAS actually know they are saved if they remain in sin? (And again, I am not referring to you. You're perfect in my eyes :))

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  13. The Times

The Times Well-Known Member

+794
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    The Eastern Orthodox say this, after a witness biologically dies and departs from this temporal realm. This tradition originates from the 1st Century, directly from Apostolic instructions, before Rome and before Constantine.

14. The Times

The Times Well-Known Member

+794
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Many places Jesus calls the saved a servant, who becomes complacent to have been apportioned their place with unbelievers. In another it confirms they were saved when saying Lord Lord have we not done this wonderful work in your name, yet the Lord casts them away and calls them evildoers. Obviously, for them to do those miracles they must have been once saved.

God does not force himself on people or violates their free will to choose the world instead of God. Salvation is conditional unto biological death.

It is about the sons disowning their parents. The Prodigal Son's free will to be separated from his father was not violated. The father honoured his son's choice and never forced him to stay.

I have, the father honoured his son's choice and it was the son's choice and not the father's that sealed the son's fate. Had the son choose to be separated from his father, then he would definitely die. The moral of the story is the turning moment, when the son made the choice to turn from his ways and to repent. Had he not, then the father would not have interfered.

15. Blood Bought 1953

Blood Bought 1953 Ned Flander’s Buddy

+1,323
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Glad you clarified that. I was very shocked because it did not sound like the century lady that I have come to know. I love giving you and brinny a hard time even though we do not always agree.
    I am not sure about children although there is a belief about an “age of accountability” that some people extend to the age of 30. I seriously doubt that one.God will deal with them in a perfect manner I am sure.
    OSAS Believers like me Believe that all of us sin every hour of every day.Not necessarily in deed but in thought for sure. I think it was Dear Abby that said “ we all have secret thoughts that would shame Hell”. Combine that with the sins of omission (not doing the good deeds we could and should be doing , like inviting the poor strangers into our homes) and it’s clear nobody is even close to reaching God’s standard,which is perfection.Grace to cover the sins we don’t even know about is the only solution while God trains us and shapes us thereby finishing the work He started. OSAS subscribers think that We are all bankrupt sinners before God and need tons of grace up until the day we die , even though our behaviour becomes more like Christ’s as God changes us from the inside in response to our faith.We feel that the only difference between us and your camp is that we are all sinners to a certain degree every hour of the day.We know it and admit it.You don’t.All my sins were put on the cross.Undeservedly.I am far from perfection,but God sees me now through “ the spectacles of Christ” and reckons me as perfect because I believe in His Gospel. 1cor15:1-4 Paul says if we believe it God will save us.To deny the simple Godpel is to call God a liar.God is still a jealous God. Be careful with what you do with His Gospel.It is what you will be judged by, not our pitiful attempts at perfection in these sinful flesh bodies.Faith plus nothing for our Salvation.....just like Abraham.It worked for him.....it will work for us if we let it.

16. Lily of Valleys

Lily of Valleys Well-Known Member

+416
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Here's the list. I might have missed some, but none of them are true:

17. Lily of Valleys

+416
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Let me repeat again. This is a thread in a theology subforum, we are here to discuss about theology, not making accusations. If you have no interest in participating in the theological discussions in this thread other than being disruptive and distracting from the topic, it would be appreciated if you would kindly ignore this thread.

I would also like to remind you of the following Christian forum rules:

18. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,322
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    How could a person who chooses to deliberately commit a sin over and over again, with no intention of eliminating that sin from their life, ever claim to be a truly born-again Christian, with the Holy Spirit living within them?

The only person I could think of doing such a thing would be, what Jesus has called a Tare.

Mat 13:25
    But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Mat 13:30
    Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

19. Lily of Valleys

+416
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    What do you think of the part which Apostle Paul also said "But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor" (Galatians 3:25)?

If you believe that you shouldn't eat pigs, that's fine, but for others who believe that all foods are clean, that's fine too. Same with celebrating Jewish festivals.

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. (Romans 14:1-3 NKJV)

It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin. (Romans 14:21-23 NKJV)

20. 1stcenturylady

+4,126
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Thank you for accepting my apology. I wouldn't hurt you for the world. Yes, we disagree, and probably see each other with dark glasses, never actually perceiving the real beliefs of each other. For instance, you call me a legalist. To me that is a person who obeys the law in their own strength, like the Jews. I had just as many problems as they did, and found I had absolutely no strength to not yield to temptation. Then one night when I told God there was no way I could stop sinning. I told Him how many times I tried and failed, and told Him, He was stronger than I was, so if He wanted me to stop, then He had to take the temptation away. And that was the first prayer I ever prayed in 30 years that God answered. Less than a month later, God filled me to overflowing with His Spirit, and I finally had the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit to overcome sin. What He did was remove all desire to sin out of me, and replace it with love for Him.

So you see, I'm not a legalist. I just don't have any desire to break God's laws. There is a difference. Romans 8:2 shows the difference in the law and the Spirit. We are under the law of the Spirit, and a free from the law of sin and death.

Get it?