Are professed Christians who deliberately practice sin saved?

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello SBC.

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

The world loves their food, their God is their appetite.

Philippians 3:18-20
For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things.
gluttony....eating wrong foods, to much food,
Is a sin? Scripture says to take no thought of what you eat.
You misunderstand the scripture.
Loving things of the world...sports, fashion, real estate, is a sin? Scripture doesnt' say that. It says to love the Lord above all things.
That is the point, people can't love the Lord above all things, because they live in the world. They follow fashion, live in luxury, eat at expensive restaurants, they are self possessed.

The scripture very clearly defines what sin actually is.

Anything that is not of faith is sin, everything else including all worldly activity is sin.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So where do we start if we are seriously going to stamp out sin?
You start with Jesus Christ as Savior,
This is accomplished by accepting HIS Sacrifice for Sin,
If you do not accept Jesus Sacrifice, as having Destroyed Sin in the Flesh, then
Sin remains.......You must be Born Again, unto Newness of life.
For that which is Flesh, is Flesh, but that which is Spirit, is Spirit.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
we have, two distinct "natures".

The new nature cannot sin because he is united with God and God cannot sin.

The old nature (the flesh) can do little else but sin.

It is written.

Rom. 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you not know, you are a new creature in Christ?

2Co. 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
  • Leviticus 11:1-46
What is your point here? You do realize that this chapter does not refer strictly to pigs; does not say any animal is filled with evil spirits; and is an OT dietary rule, right?

Do you still avoid clothing that is made with mixed fibers?

Just as an instructive point, since the rules of Leviticus were written refrigeration has been invented, proper cooking methods have been found that actually destroy the bad bacteria in meat, mixed fibers in clothing have been shown to improve the quality of the material, and the list goes on.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello JIMINZ.

Good to hear from an evangelist.
You start with Jesus Christ as Savior, This is accomplished by accepting HIS Sacrifice for Sin
We start with the death and resurrection of Jesus the messiah.

Romans 10
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

That is the gospel message, the free gift, attained through the finished work of Jesus.
If you do not accept Jesus Sacrifice, as having Destroyed Sin in the Flesh, then
For that which is Flesh, is Flesh, but that which is Spirit, is Spirit.
Agreed, we were baptized into the death of Jesus, reconciled and transferred to the kingdom of the Son.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

'The life I now live', Paul's life is different to his former life.

We are compelled to crucify our flesh, our passions and desires must be dealt with.
We must die with Christ in order to be resurrected in Christ.

Our flesh is crucified in Christ but we also crucify our own flesh and it's desires.

You cannot love the world and live your life to the full in Christ, that is a paradox.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It is written.

Rom. 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you not know, you are a new creature in Christ?

2Co. 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Hello Jiminz.

I like your quotation.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Paul would have deeply wished that the Corinthian church had indeed become a new creation in Christ. Sadly though, the Corinthian church was not a new creation, hence, the many letters Paul was forced to send to this church.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You start with Jesus Christ as Savior,
This is accomplished by accepting HIS Sacrifice for Sin,
For that which is Flesh, is Flesh, but that which is Spirit, is Spirit

And then you have Romans 2: 13-16

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified).

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
And then you have Romans 2: 13-16

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified).

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

So are you saying your a follower of the Law, instead of being Saved by Grace?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello Jiminz.

I like your quotation.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Paul would have deeply wished that the Corinthian church had indeed become a new creation in Christ. Sadly though, the Corinthian church was not a new creation, hence, the many letters Paul was forced to send to this church.
Hello David

Your right, it does sound as though there were a whole bunch of people in the Corinthian Church which were not Christians at all.....Not many in Christ.

Must have been the tares which were spoken of by Jesus.

Or are you saying the Cor. 5:17 quote is not true?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Then you do not identify yourself as a Christian, but a Sinner. :oldthumbsup:
Looks like I'm in good company,

Hear my prayer, O Lord;
give ear to my pleas for mercy!
In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness!
2 Enter not into judgment with your servant,
for no one living is righteous before you. (Psalms 143:1-2)

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We are compelled to crucify our flesh, our passions and desires must be dealt with.
How does one Crucify their FLESH, when one is already Dead to the flesh through Christ?

How does one Crucify the Passions and lusts of the Flesh again, when they have already done so?

Gal. 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The Flesh, with it's affections and lusts were Crucified with Christ, in Baptism.

Our flesh is crucified in Christ but we also crucify our own flesh and it's desires.

If your Flesh has already been Crucified with Christ, is not your Flesh then Dead in Christ?

Rom. 6:8
Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

You cannot love the world and live your life to the full in Christ, that is a paradox.
No, this is a paradox.

You cannot live in the Flesh, while being Dead to the Flesh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Looks like I'm in good company,

Hear my prayer, O Lord;
give ear to my pleas for mercy!
In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness!
2 Enter not into judgment with your servant,
for no one living is righteous before you. (Psalms 143:1-2)
2Co. 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I am not living, I am Dead in Christ.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How does one Crucify their FLESH, when one is already Dead to the flesh through Christ?

How does one Crucify the Passions and lusts of the Flesh again, when they have already done so?

Gal. 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The Flesh, with it's affections and lusts were Crucified with Christ, in Baptism.

If your Flesh has already been Crucified with Christ, is not your Flesh then Dead in Christ?

No, this is a paradox.

You cannot live in the Flesh, while being Dead to the Flesh.
Hello Jiminiz.

Do you commit sexual immorality since your flesh is dead in Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

So are you saying your a follower of the Law, instead of being Saved by Grace?

I understand why there is so much confusion over scripture especially when so many cannot comprehend the spoken (written) word. What does the scripture say? It speaks of the judgement of those who do not accept Christ (Gentiles) yet obey the word (law) as it is written on their hearts, and will be judged accordingly.

Was I speaking of me, or the non-believer?

So, since you brought it up, do you think all Jews are condemned to hell? Muslims? I will admit that many of them are more righteous then most Christians I have seen.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please read Romans 8....

Without the cross, the curses of the Mosaic law apply to all the human family regardless to whom they were given to.

The sins of individuals who are not Christian are imputed the curses of the Mosaic Law. The sins of individuals who are Christians are imputed the curses of the Mosaic Law, however they can be pardoned, if and only if they repent and turn and to stay in Christ unto biological death.

Below versus of the curses of the Mosaic Law applied to all of humanity, except those who remain in Christ Jesus.....

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Next Conditional IF....THEN.....ELSE versus apply to saved Christians....

9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Versus below outline the continual life long obligation of saved Christians, with the IF......THEN OR ELSE conditional statements....

12Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

There is no escaping and all people are either saved by the privileges of Grace or are either condemned to death under the curses of the Mosaic Law, regardless of whether they are Christian or not.

Grace is not a right, for it is a privilege that can be revoked by Jesus, if individuals fail to remain in him onto death, for that is what means to carry your cross, that is to your grave, whilst keeping the faith.

Before Jesus... The Law was to show our depth of missing the mark and a curse against the Jews.

After Jesus... the Law no longer has foothold over a single man. It is there as a schoolmaster to show our need for Jesus Revealed Love.

The Law was atoned for in full by Jesus Christ... in full!

If it wasn’t, then the wicked couldn’t experience Ressurection. And for that matter... in Revelation... it makes it clear that the wicked aren’t ressurected for punishment, but for “Revelation” of God’s supremacy.

The absolute Calvinist says... “God literally made some for nothing more than to be born, tormented, die and then rise to “Eternal Torment”...

The absolute Universalist says... “God will save all, regardless of any factor”...

I fall in neither camp... but say God alone knows what He will do and He can do whatever pleases Him... because He alone is pleased by what is right... eternally... without failure or fault.

Now...

Your if... than... theorems... “assume”... you know what God is planning... but sincerely... only God knows...

To relegate it all to closed theology of the “Covenant Nature” is to subscribe to men’s interpretations of it all...

I warn you that Covenant theology doesn’t make it out alive... past Genesis 3...

It is dead in The water when Genesis 2 and 3 are read closely...

Jesus forgave all charge of the Law and placed the burden of everything on Love! Love is the “Law” God always wanted us to relate to one another by... not ridged principles that reveal His Perfection... alone.

In fact... in Romans... Paul even distinguished between Gods Law and Christ’s Law.

Since Jesus is God... we know that Jesus alone meets “God’s Law”.

Do you hold a 4 year old to the standards of a 55 year old?

If you don’t understand what I mean... put on your thinking cap and delve deeper.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If I go and teach that sin no more means go and be perfect... verses “Go and disbelieve no more”... as John states: “The sin of the world is unbelief”... then I am teaching that we are all without hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please read Romans 8....

Without the cross, the curses of the Mosaic law apply to all the human family regardless to whom they were given to.

The sins of individuals who are not Christian are imputed the curses of the Mosaic Law. The sins of individuals who are Christians are imputed the curses of the Mosaic Law, however they can be pardoned, if and only if they repent and turn and to stay in Christ unto biological death.

Below versus of the curses of the Mosaic Law applied to all of humanity, except those who remain in Christ Jesus.....

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Next Conditional IF....THEN.....ELSE versus apply to saved Christians....

9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Versus below outline the continual life long obligation of saved Christians, with the IF......THEN OR ELSE conditional statements....

12Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

There is no escaping and all people are either saved by the privileges of Grace or are either condemned to death under the curses of the Mosaic Law, regardless of whether they are Christian or not.

Grace is not a right, for it is a privilege that can be revoked by Jesus, if individuals fail to remain in him onto death, for that is what means to carry your cross, that is to your grave, whilst keeping the faith.

Show me someone who claims to not willfully sin and I’ll show you a willful liar.

Upvote 0