Are orthodox churches racist?

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
that's interesting.
Steven Golding, son of Jamaica's Prime Minister Bruce Golding, has received a new name in keeping with his baptism into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Golding took the name Gebre Selassie. He was baptized at a church in Gondar, Ethiopia

So thankful for the work that was started in Jamaica and made possible by Archbishop Yesehaq

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monica child of God 1

strives to live eschatologically
Feb 4, 2005
✟9,473.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
MYSTAGOGY: The Son of the Prime Minister of Kenya is Baptized Orthodox

kenias.JPG

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to visit a Russian Orthodox Church, but I here'd that orthodox churches do not like mixing races? Is this true? How would people in the Russian Orthodox Churxh feel is a Asian or a African Americam came in there Church?

God Bless
A friend of mine is mixed (black and white), born in Russia, living in New York and an active member of her Russian Orthodox parish - in fact, she is like a role model to me...:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow, the young Cuban lady looks so beautiful in her yellow headscarf and with that big smile on her face!
I agree. The colors others wear are truly amazing and I'm so thankful for the ways others represent. Latino culture is always so vibrant and what she wore reminded me of things I used to love seeing when going through the West Indies and seeing life :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟172,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My parish is way more diverse than any other church I ever attended before becoming Orthodox. It's truly awesome. There's almost too many ethnicities to list (and we get the best of everyone's cuisine). My sponsor is Lebanese and my husband's sponsor is African-American.

BTW- the people who seemed to care the most about what ethnicity my husband and I are- completely love us now. ;)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My parish is way more diverse than any other church I ever attended before becoming Orthodox. It's truly awesome. There's almost too many ethnicities to list (and we get the best of everyone's cuisine). My sponsor is Lebanese and my husband's sponsor is African-American.

BTW- the people who seemed to care the most about what ethnicity my husband and I are- completely love us now. ;)
:clap:

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Depends on the race. Klingons, Romulans and Borg tend to get funny looks from everyone. Humans are generally accepted.
I thought it'd be the Changlings/Founders, more than anyone else, that get hated by everyone since they were pretty much out to get everyone - and due to the xenophobic nature of the Founders who created the Dominion (and their desire to control the terms on which they dealt with aliens, due to their fear/remembrance of being persecuted by solids), its system had been so efficient and successful only the determined resistance of the combined Federation, Klingon, and Romulan powers could stop the them...and and lots of humans experienced others with bottles of Haterade.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

the priest at the Church I was recieved in, said that one of his goals as a priest was met when he heard the Paschal hymn sung in Swahili by an African convert.....in the middle of Pennsylvania.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moses13

Oct 15, 2017
Denver
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The church rejects racism, there have been some who try to bring this mess and when it's reported most times they are removed. Do some have this sickness in the church. Yes. Do clergy yes some do. It's sad but this is in many churches outside other the easternern church.

Racism from the Church's Perspective | A Russian Orthodox Church Website
Hello Moses13, and welcome to CF and to TAW! We are glad that you've joined us!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, though I'm now missing folks that we don't see (or rarely see) anymore. Though of course we have many new faces now. :)

Glad to have you among us! Feel free to jump in and create new topics as you like. Again, welcome to CF and God be with you!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟116,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status