Are nudist church services morally acceptable?

Are nudist religious services morally acceptable?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah. It doesn't state that it is allegory.
But, what does it state?
Pray tell...
It doesn’t say.

Jesus never said that the story of the Good Samaritan was a parable, but it is generally agreed that it was.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No , not according to my opinion only , but many others.
Do you understand the term "only"?
I didn’t say that you were the only one with that opinion.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Right here.
You stated , only according to your opinion, which obviously isn't true.
Many others agree with my understanding.
Again, I didn’t say that you were the only one with that opinion. You made a statement, I said it was only according to your opinion.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey everybody ! Let's gather around and praise The Lord!
Let your freak flag fly!!!
Surely God won't mind...
Yabba dabba doo...
I mean duh, He made Adam and Eve naked.
(Umm , of course)
Seriously? So ridiculous for those of you who try and "attempt" to make an argument here regarding the OP .
Seriously.
SMH.
It is CLEARLY wrong .

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey everybody ! Let's gather around and praise The Lord!
Let your freak flag fly!!!
Surely God won't mind...
Yabba dabba doo...
I mean duh, He made Adam and Eve naked.
(Umm , of course)
Seriously? So ridiculous for those of you who try and "attempt" to make an argument here regarding the OP .
Seriously.
SMH.
It is CLEARLY wrong .
This is when you can tell that a poster does not have a serious argument—when they start saying that those who disagree with them are “ridiculous” and they throw other insults. I have already said that you are entitled to your interpretation of scripture. You, on the other hand, seem to think that any interpretations that disagree with yours are wrong. Very sad.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No . What is sad is people who misrepresent God and His glory with foolishness.
It isn't a matter of interpretation.
And , yes , it IS flat out RIDICULOUS to think any other concerning the topic.
Serious argument???
Please , there is no argument friend.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No . What is sad is people who misrepresent God and His glory with foolishness.
It isn't a matter of interpretation.
And , yes , it IS flat out RIDICULOUS to think any other concerning the topic.
Serious argument???
Please , there is no argument friend.
Again, you are speaking your opinion and your interpretation as if it is fact. Guess what, it isn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is ridiculous.
Obviously.
In "your" opinion it is an insult.
Many (thank God) disagree.
You are, once again, entitled to your opinion. Unlike you, I am not going to say that your views are “ridiculous.” Sad that you cannot show others the same respect.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Everything in the bible points to nudity not being an acceptable practice. Nowhere that it is mentioned is it condoned. That there is no verse that states "thou [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] not be nude" is no reason to do so.

Uncovering the nakedness of another is also how the bible talks about having sexual relations, the 2 go together. Sex, nakedness is between husband and wife.

There is much made of the fact that nudity at this level makes it so mundane that nobody reacts to it--no erections and therefore no lust. I don't know which is worse, the lack of even seeing how wrong this is, or the putting of a gift of God that brings 2 people together into one in bliss and joy and love that now becomes just total nothing. It is part of the 2 joining together and it becomes just no big deal. Long term marriage is hard enough without making this one loving act just another bodily function. Sex was never meant to be mundane nor was nudity.

So the fact that God does not condone nudity means we should avoid it,
but the fact that God does not command against it doesn't count. Seems a little inconsistent.

I'm really surprised to see a medical professional such as yourself equate nudity with sex.
Do medical people have sex with their patients by seeing them nude? Of course not!

If nudity and sex are the same because of the "uncover the nakedness of" idiom,
then sleep and sex must be the same because of the modern "sleep with" idiom.
That sure puts a different slant on the kids bedtime!

You use the argument that making nudity mundane makes sex mundane.
Not true, because nudity and sex are not the same.
Even if nudity becomes mundane, sex does not.
My wife and I have been nudists together since before we were married, and we still get excited about sex after 28 years of marriage.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So the fact that God does not condone nudity means we should avoid it,
but the fact that God does not command against it doesn't count. Seems a little inconsistent.

I'm really surprised to see a medical professional such as yourself equate nudity with sex.
Do medical people have sex with their patients by seeing them nude? Of course not!

If nudity and sex are the same because of the "uncover the nakedness of" idiom,
then sleep and sex must be the same because of the modern "sleep with" idiom.
That sure puts a different slant on the kids bedtime!

You use the argument that making nudity mundane makes sex mundane.
Not true, because nudity and sex are not the same.
Even if nudity becomes mundane, sex does not.
My wife and I have been nudists together since before we were married, and we still get excited about sex after 28 years of marriage.

You welcome to your believes. What I said is not that sex and nudity are the same thing in all circumstances, but that in the bible when it is mentioned it is in that sense. Please do not restructure my words.
What you and your wife do is between you and your wife. That obviously is not what I was talking about nor what this thread is about. It is about nudity with others. And as I said, if you want to go to church and worship with others in the nude, if it is legal, then it is your decision and you have no one but God to answer for whatever you do. If He does not agree, you will find out and if He does you will find out. I simply would not bet my salvation on such a thing, nor would wish to lead others into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And as I said, if you want to go to church and worship with others in the nude, if it is legal, then it is your decision and you have no one but God to answer for whatever you do. If He does not agree, you will find out and if He does you will find out. I simply would not bet my salvation on such a thing, nor would wish to lead others into it.

But you are talking about something--nude worship--that is not directly addressed anywhere in scripture. Instead you are looking at scattered verses that contain the word naked and then trying to use that to say that it is wrong for anyone to worship in the nude--I seem to recall that you said that it was "absurd."

I would not say such things to you. I believe that you are entitled to your interpretation of scripture. I don't think it is absurd for you to have your own views.

My former Amish neighbors do not drive automobiles because they believed that traveling by horse and buggy allows them to maintain distance from the world, and of course scripture says that we are not to be of the world. Scripture does not, of course, say not to drive cars, but that is their interpretation. I could pose the same question to you regarding cars that you posed to Darkhorse regarding nude worship (something else that is not directly addressed in scripture)--are you willing to bet your salvation on such a thing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But you are talking about something--nude worship--that is not directly addressed anywhere in scripture. Instead you are looking at scattered verses that contain the word naked and then trying to use that to say that it is wrong for anyone to worship in the nude--I seem to recall that you said that it was "ridiculous" and that it was "misrepresent[ing] God and His glory with foolishness."

I would not say such things to you. I believe that you are entitled to your interpretation of scripture. I don't think it is foolish or rediculous for you to have your own views.

My former Amish neighbors do not drive automobiles because they believed that traveling by horse and buggy allows them to maintain distance from the world, and of course scripture says that we are not to be of the world. Scripture does not, of course, say not to drive cars, but that is their interpretation. I could pose the same question to you regarding cars that you posed to Darkhorse regarding nude worship (something else that is not directly addressed in scripture)--are you willing to bet your salvation on such a thing?

There are a lot of things that aren't in the Bible specifically but can still be considered a sin in the eyes of God.

Worship of God in public in the nude is not in the Bible. But we can certainly, similar to being a meth head, conclude by examining scripture that it is not how God expects HIS children to behave in public.

1 Corinthians 12:2-24

When Adam and Eve had knowledge of good and evil, the first thing they did was to cover up their private parts.

the very first act that necessitated blood and sacrifice as a covering for sin was made for clothing

Think about it.

We will be clothed in heaven. White robes of righteousness, even there.

Meth heads are sinners. That's not in the Bible. GOD expects some common sense. 1+1=2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are a lot of things that aren't in the Bible specifically but can still be considered a sin in the eyes of God.

Worship of God in public in the nude is not in the Bible. But we can certainly, similar to being a meth head, conclude by examining scripture that it is not how God expects HIS children to behave in public.

1 Corinthians 12:2-24

When Adam and Eve had knowledge of good and evil, the first thing they did was to cover up their private parts.

the very first act that necessitated blood and sacrifice was made for clothing

Think about it.

We will be clothed in heaven. White robes of righteousness, even there.

Meth heads are sinners. That's not in the Bible. GOD expects some common sense. 1+1=2
One could deduce that although in Heaven where we will be free from sin, it is still better to be clothed.

Oh how wonderful to be clothed by God. How wonderful to be His child! How wonderful to be in His presence and one day to be in Heaven fully aware of His Glorious presence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If a person is in a situation where nudity is the norm, I don't see it as a sin per se. At the same time, communities and churches are in their rights to restrict public nudity.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.