Are nudist church services morally acceptable?

Are nudist religious services morally acceptable?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Sweet

Sep 11, 2018
California
✟3,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here is a YouTube video about a church where the congregants and preacher participate in religious services while being butt naked:

Personally, I think it is morally unacceptable to have church services while in the nude. 1 Corinthians 6:19 says that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we should not strip down naked while in the house of the Lord--or anywhere in public. That's weird!

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Here is a YouTube video about a church where the congregants and preacher participate in religious services while being butt naked:

Personally, I think it is morally unacceptable to have church services while in the nude. 1 Corinthians 6:19 says that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we should not strip down naked while in the house of the Lord--or anywhere in public. That's weird!

Women should cover their heads in church.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Is this from the Babylon Bee or Eye of the Tiber or something?

• Haha
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If we had church in the garden before the fall, YES. But, since the fall, it isn't appropriate. But, it happens in Virginia.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My family and I have attended this nudist church in Virginia for several years when on vacation, and will continue to do so.

The White Tail Resort near Ivor, Virginia has a non-denominational Bible study and Christian worship service almost every Sunday. Everyone there is nude, and sits on their towels.

Other than the lack of clothes, it's very traditional, with emphasis on preaching and prayer, especially for resort residents and their needs. There's nothing lewd or inappropriate.

About 2/3 of the resort residents are Christian, and are very family oriented.

There's nothing wrong about worshipping God while wearing His designer outfit. :)

http://whitetailresort.org/

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My family and I have attended this nudist church in Virginia for several years when on vacation, and will continue to do so.

The White Tail Resort near Ivor, Virginia has a non-denominational Bible study and Christian worship service almost every Sunday. Everyone there is nude, and sits on their towels.

Other than the lack of clothes, it's very traditional, with emphasis on preaching and prayer, especially for resort residents and their needs. There's nothing lewd or inappropriate.

About 2/3 of the resort residents are Christian, and are very family oriented.

There's nothing wrong about worshipping God while wearing His designer outfit. :)

http://whitetailresort.org/

What benefits do you get going to church nude compared to clothed?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many things, but a big one is being aware of how God sees us all the time; no pretense, no hiding, no "Christian" appearances, just His imperfect children listening to their Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How does someone avoid falling into temptation?

To understand this, you would have to understand the entire mindset of non-sexual nudism.

Basically, our society links nudity with sex, to the extent that most people think of them as one-and-the-same. But they are not the same. You can have each without the other.

Knowing this (or being willing to learn it) liberates people from the "strip-club" mentality and inappropriate content-steeped attitudes of crude society. People come to understand that nudity is simply doing whatever you do, only without clothes.

Especially for Christians, it cleans your mind and opens your heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many things, but a big one is being aware of how God sees us all the time; no pretense, no hiding, no "Christian" appearances, just His imperfect children listening to their Father.

... I'm sorry, Darkhorse, but in a fallen world such as we are still presently in, I can't see how a nudist church is even remotely comporting to Christian propriety. I can't digest this ...

So, at this church, is it safe to say that all of the men just stand there worshiping and not one of them has an erection while doing so? Pardon the pun, but I find that hard to believe, and it sounds to me like a more or less Corinthian accommodation within one's faith. :dontcare:If you think it's doable, well so be it, but I'd very strongly shy away from that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To understand this, you would have to understand the entire mindset of non-sexual nudism.

Basically, our society links nudity with sex, to the extent that most people think of them as one-and-the-same. But they are not the same. You can have each without the other.

Knowing this (or being willing to learn it) liberates people from the "strip-club" mentality and inappropriate content-steeped attitudes of crude society. People come to understand that nudity is simply doing whatever you do, only without clothes.

Especially for Christians, it cleans your mind and opens your heart.

Where in Scripture is this taught? I think it takes more than a reference to Adam and Eve's not being ashamed of their nakedness before the Fall, or King David's dance in the buff before the Lord (an isolated example, really) for us to then say, "...but, God's Word tells us this is a good thing!"

Again, if you think this nudist philosophy 'works' for you, then that's between you and the Lord, but personally, if the Apostles weren't doing this kind of thing (and I'm fairly confident that they weren't), then I'm very, very hesitant to adopt it into my perspective on faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... I'm sorry, Darkhorse, but in a fallen world such as we are still presently in, I can't see how a nudist church is even remotely comporting to Christian propriety. I can't digest this ...

So, at this church, is it safe to say that all of the men just stand there worshiping and not one of them has an erection while doing so? Pardon the pun, but I find that hard to believe, and it sounds to me like a more or less Corinthian accommodation within one's faith. :dontcare:If you think it's doable, well so be it, but I'd very strongly shy away from that kind of thing.

As a matter of fact, the men do stand there (and everywhere else) without erections.
You don't have to take my word for it; go and see for yourself.
(or talk with other nudists)

I know it's difficult to imagine people being nude without overt arousal, but truth is on my side.
In the 13 years my family and I have visited there, I have only seen 3 erections:

One was a new guy at a dance; the owner told him to go elsewhere until he "regained control";

One was my son, and I told him to cover it with his towel until it subsided;

One was me, after a nap. Draped a towel over my shoulder; didn't last long.

If it conflicts with your conscience, don't do it. Same for alcohol, dancing, or whatever.
If it weakened my faith or my relationship with God, I wouldn't do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where in Scripture is this taught? I think it takes more than a reference to Adam and Eve's not being ashamed of their nakedness before the Fall, or King David's dance in the buff before the Lord (an isolated example, really) for us to then say, "...but, God's Word tells us this is a good thing!"

Again, if you think this nudist philosophy 'works' for you, then that's between you and the Lord, but personally, if the Apostles weren't doing this kind of thing (and I'm fairly confident that they weren't), then I'm very, very hesitant to adopt it into my perspective on faith.

Where does Scripture say that nudity and sex are the same, and that being nude is the same as sex? That's what our inappropriate content-saturated society would have us believe, but it's not true.

Many of the Bible's references to nudity connect it to adultery, and that is a valid connection when it is used as enticement or a symbol of shame, but nowhere does Scripture say "If you're naked with a person of the opposite sex, then you are committing adultery", or anything close to it. In contrast, Jesus said that lusting for a woman was actually adultery.

You probably think that it's impossible for a man to look at a nude woman without lusting, but...check it out. It is possible. How do medical personnel deal with nudity without lusting? It's not their extensive training. Orderlies have no extensive training, and they see nudity all the time.
They have learned that nudity and sex are not the same.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where does Scripture say that nudity and sex are the same, and that being nude is the same as sex? That's what our inappropriate content-saturated society would have us believe, but it's not true.

Many of the Bible's references to nudity connect it to adultery, and that is a valid connection when it is used as enticement or a symbol of shame, but nowhere does Scripture say "If you're naked with a person of the opposite sex, then you are committing adultery", or anything close to it. In contrast, Jesus said that lusting for a woman was actually adultery.

You probably think that it's impossible for a man to look at a nude woman without lusting, but...check it out. It is possible. How do medical personnel deal with nudity without lusting? It's not their extensive training. Orderlies have no extensive training, and they see nudity all the time.
They have learned that nudity and sex are not the same.

This I know, Darkhorse. You're not talking to a neophyte, here.

But there is more to all of this that simply what you've mentioned.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Maria Sweet

Sep 11, 2018
California
✟3,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As a matter of fact, the men do stand there (and everywhere else) without erections.
You don't have to take my word for it; go and see for yourself.
(or talk with other nudists)

I know it's difficult to imagine people being nude without overt arousal, but truth is on my side.
In the 13 years my family and I have visited there, I have only seen 3 erections:

One was a new guy at a dance; the owner told him to go elsewhere until he "regained control";

One was my son, and I told him to cover it with his towel until it subsided;

One was me, after a nap. Draped a towel over my shoulder; didn't last long.

If it conflicts with your conscience, don't do it. Same for alcohol, dancing, or whatever.
If it weakened my faith or my relationship with God, I wouldn't do it.

There is a sexual fetish called exhibitionism where people get aroused by being seen by others, typically while naked or otherwise in a state of sexual arousal. While going to those nudist places, are you ever concerned it may attract such a pervert with predatory tendencies, especially since you have your kids with you? Or am I overstating things?

• Agree
Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perverts are always a concern wherever people go, especially with children.

At nudist resorts, people are screened by providing photo identification and running them through the sex offenders registration site. Their name is also checked against blacklists that other nudist resorts maintain about troublesome people. Any questionable conduct will get a newcomer thrown out and blacklisted. Such problems very seldom happen.

It's like a big family. Everyone looks out for each other, especially for the kids.
I recognize virtually everyone in the video by name.

Upvote 0

Maria Sweet

Sep 11, 2018
California
✟3,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Perverts are always a concern wherever people go, especially with children.

At nudist resorts, people are screened by providing photo identification and running them through the sex offenders registration site. Their name is also checked against blacklists that other nudist resorts maintain about troublesome people. Any questionable conduct will get a newcomer thrown out and blacklisted. Such problems very seldom happen.

It's like a big family. Everyone looks out for each other, especially for the kids.
I recognize virtually everyone in the video by name.

It’s good to know they take measures to ensure the perverts are kept out. If I ever found myself at a nudist resort, hypothetically speaking of course, my number one concern would be creepy men leering at me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.