Are Mormons Christian? (Moved from General Theology)

Are Mormons Christian?

• Yes, Mormons are Christian.

• No, Mormons are not Christian.

• Not sure/Other/I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christ means anointing, not by man and his false traditions but by God, like David who was choosen by God and anointed.

The Catholic Church priest are anointed like Saul, choosen by the people and then anointed.

Christ true anointing are from God's Spirit not from the traditions of man and his false religion.
Christ' Church is the Catholic Church. Anyone who thinks it isn't just simply does not understand the complexities. That is understandable, and it will not effect your salvation....

Upvote 0

Cain Spencer

God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Christ means anointing, not by man and his false traditions but by God, like David who was choosen by God and anointed.

The Catholic Church priest are anointed like Saul, choosen by the people and then anointed.

Christ true anointing are from God's Spirit not from the traditions of man and his false religion.

How comforting.

Upvote 0

PerrySB

May 30, 2008
Just outside Yosemite Park
✟8,048.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
How can one vote on this question? I'm not mormon but I have no right to judge them. How can I read the heart of any individual, or know their relationship with Jesus Christ, turth is I can not. I see many mormon people doing some very wonderful things and that is all I can see.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How can one vote on this question? I'm not mormon but I have no right to judge them. How can I read the heart of any individual, or know their relationship with Jesus Christ, turth is I can not. I see many mormon people doing some very wonderful things and that is all I can see.
That is why a 3rd option was included in the poll ;)

Not sure/Other/I don't know

Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Please vote in my poll. I have made it as unbiased as possible. Thanks!
They follow Christ.

Personally I follow Christ... if anyone else wants to agree fine, or if they want to spread disinformation, then that will be upon their heads when they face their creator.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They follow Christ.

Personally I follow Christ... if anyone else wants to agree fine, or if they want to spread disinformation, then that will be upon their heads when they face their creator.
Glad to hear that bro. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That is why a 3rd option was included in the poll ;)

Not sure/Other/I don't know

No one knows a person's heart but God. However, Mormonism is a false gospel that condemns orthodox teachings about the nature of God. The LDS missionaries invite non-LDS to come to Christ.

Save Two Churches Only

If we are concerned about not offending the world, the first thing we ought to do is to reject the Book of Mormon. Can you imagine a book telling someone who believed in infant baptism that they are “in the gall of bitterness and the bonds of iniquity,” that they have neither “faith, hope, nor charity,” and that they ought to be cast down to hell for the very thought? (Mormon 8:14).

Can you imagine a text that is so direct in describing a particular church during a particular part of earth’s history as the church of the devil that it is virtually an unforgivable sin among Latter-day Saints to admit the truth of what is being said (1 Nephi 13:1-9)?

...Can it be any surprise that a book teaching such principles would, in describing the events following the Restoration of the gospel, contain a statement to the effect that “there are save two churches only,” the one being the church of the “Lamb of God, and the other being the church of the devil” and that everyone belongs to one or the other?

Meridian Magazine :: Joseph Smith Bicentennial: Two Churches Only

If, as LDS teach, there are only two churches, and their church is of the “Lamb of God," all non-LDS are in the church of the devil. If the LDS church is not the church of the Lamb of God, are their members Christians?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one knows a person's heart but God. However, Mormonism is a false gospel that condemns orthodox teachings about the nature of God. The LDS missionaries invite non-LDS to come to Christ.

Save Two Churches Only

If we are concerned about not offending the world, the first thing we ought to do is to reject the Book of Mormon. Can you imagine a book telling someone who believed in infant baptism that they are “in the gall of bitterness and the bonds of iniquity,” that they have neither “faith, hope, nor charity,” and that they ought to be cast down to hell for the very thought? (Mormon 8:14).

Can you imagine a text that is so direct in describing a particular church during a particular part of earth’s history as the church of the devil that it is virtually an unforgivable sin among Latter-day Saints to admit the truth of what is being said (1 Nephi 13:1-9)?

...Can it be any surprise that a book teaching such principles would, in describing the events following the Restoration of the gospel, contain a statement to the effect that “there are save two churches only,” the one being the church of the “Lamb of God, and the other being the church of the devil” and that everyone belongs to one or the other?
Meridian Magazine :: Joseph Smith Bicentennial: Two Churches Only

If, as LDS teach, there are only two churches, and their church is of the “Lamb of God," all non-LDS are in the church of the devil. If the LDS church is not the church of the Lamb of God, are their members Christians?
Thank you for your views :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
doesn't the premise of this thread violate the flaming rules? ;)

i recall a thread similar to this regarding baptists and it was promptly shut down .

so since answering frankly (where both answers yes and no are acceptable answers) is against the rules i'll just live in that question .

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
doesn't the premise of this thread violate the flaming rules? ;)

i recall a thread similar to this regarding baptists and it was promptly shut down .

so since answering frankly (where both answers yes and no are acceptable answers) is against the rules i'll just live in that question .
I would think they would be labeled "unorthodox Christians" according to CF....now I am not sure what to think :confused:

Reactions: BreadAlone
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I would think they would be labeled "unorthodox Christians" according to CF....now I am not sure what to think :confused:

ah yes but we aren't supposed to call anyone "not a Christian" if they say they are a Christian .

and every mormon i've met is quite convinced that they are one . so wouldn't want to go about violating the rules and such ..

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The Rules officially state the following:

This site has the goal of facilitating discussions between various Christian faiths as determined by adherence to Christian Forums' Statement of Faith and the Trinitarian nature of God. Those of you who do not adhere to the Statement of Faith are welcome as members and participants in discussions, but you are required to respect these beliefs, even if you do not share them.

Mormons, per that very definition, are not Christians. However, I am curious if they fall under the protection of the clause in question.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Flaming
You will not insult, belittle, mock, use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members, or personally attack other members or groups of members. Do not goad another member or start call-out threads. Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian. Avoid using sarcasm to attempt any of the above.

If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

I think the basis of the rule is that this group has identified themselves as such . that being, Christian . or at least that's how the wording goes, technically .

though i do appreciate your perspective from an application standpoint .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On

dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

Thread closed for staff review.

Mod Hat Off

Edited to add that this old thread was started under a different set of rules. It is unfortunate that it was bumped up. It will be staying closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BreadAlone
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.