Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Apparently the dark elves were supposed to be, but occasionally you might meet one that breaks the stereotype.

Drizz't is the hipster Dark Elf. He was counter-culture before it was cool.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Had a watch of your video, nice to see you are using every opportunity, to present what you believe.

As for the title of your post. Which seems like video bait :). Elves are not satanic per say.

The way I like to look at it is the bible says:

"Rebellion is as the sin of witch craft" - paraphrased "if a person is rebellious, against God, then they are partaking in witchcraft".

Elves, wizards, etc, all found in fantasy novels, videos, games, are not anti God, if the person who watches, reads, or plays games, with them in it are not doing it in rebellion to God.

I have played computer games, with war based themes, yet in my heart wish to stop wars. I have played games with minor magical elements, yet wish to not promote true witch craft.

Some would say that is hypocracy. But to me I believe it comes down to the heart before God, if the conscience does not condemn a person, if they are at peace before God, then all is fine.

If we were to say, never watch a movie with war in it, or never watch a movie with some mystical element, 80% of entertainment would disappear. Personally I take no joy in watch "Driving miss daisy", I need a bit of action.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul told Timothy "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare".

I think there are things we should never touch. I think most are moved by only what they see. As in.. this is it. Right now.. no demons.. no devil. So.. its just words its just a movie its just a book. And for allot of things this is so true. Its not evil just.. as Jesus would say "has no live in it". So.. He will never touch it. The word is very clear now how we should talk..think. On and on.

I mean "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;". The reason is not like a rule or commandment. Those things open a door and you NEVER have to agree say yes.. you can never know about it. And it will give Satan 100% the right to do things. If you need an example.. Adam and Eve. They never saw all this.. never was told anything. Never agreed to anything like this.

So.. the Father trys to helps us in this sinful world. To watch what we hear say think..so forth. There is always a price to not obey follow God. We can do anything we want. It will have a price. Maybe not today but..it will come. There is no time in Gods realm.

Just saying.. if you really wonder.. ask pray about it. He will tell you. Granted so much of this world is not evil or bad.. just no life in it. So are Elves evil?.. no clue. Who org thought of them? Not going to say sorry forgive me when saying. Put Christ 1st in everything :) He REALLY knows what Hes doing. And its not getting better out there. More SUPER HERO movies then ever. Not a bad thing.. just saying. Jesus is lord..loves us so much..

Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i made this just for inspiration

Do you mean is it satanic for an author to create fictional, non-human characters? It seems to me that elves (and dwarves etc) are used by some authors to emphasise particular characteristics where doing this using a human character might make that character seem unconvincing. I don't see how there's anything satanic about it.
Here's an odd and kind of related fact - Conan Doyle, despite creating a character whose whole world was rooted in the scientific method, was a spiritualist who believed in fairies

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Had a watch of your video, nice to see you are using every opportunity, to present what you believe.

As for the title of your post. Which seems like video bait :). Elves are not satanic per say.

The way I like to look at it is the bible says:

"Rebellion is as the sin of witch craft" - paraphrased "if a person is rebellious, against God, then they are partaking in witchcraft".

Elves, wizards, etc, all found in fantasy novels, videos, games, are not anti God, if the person who watches, reads, or plays games, with them in it are not doing it in rebellion to God.

I have played computer games, with war based themes, yet in my heart wish to stop wars. I have played games with minor magical elements, yet wish to not promote true witch craft.

Some would say that is hypocracy. But to me I believe it comes down to the heart before God, if the conscience does not condemn a person, if they are at peace before God, then all is fine.

If we were to say, never watch a movie with war in it, or never watch a movie with some mystical element, 80% of entertainment would disappear. Personally I take no joy in watch "Driving miss daisy", I need a bit of action.

I like it.

And glad someone actually acknowledged this wasn't about the elves. Still, I have to wonder if all the animals God created weren't once a figment of his imagination? God brings his imaginations to life his way, and we so the best we can in film/stories.

FWIW some parables contain evil people in order to make a point so an evil elf in a story that is likely to have good winning over evil, or even not, it's all just a story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are elves satanic? What does the question mean?

They are mythical creatures and don't actually exist. I don't know which mythology they came from orginally. My reading of them is limited to The Elves and the Shoemaker, and The Lord of the Rings. Apart from pointed ears they don't have much in common in the two stories, but obviously the short tale of the Elves and the Shoemaker does not attempt a history of the Elves, they simply show up. Tolkien's tale is different, the Elves are duped at one point by the Dark Lord, who tricks them into making a Ring for him. They are not his minions, but they I think have weaknesses, its a while since I read about it.

Elf - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.