Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My Elf neighbor has confided in me that he is an escaped prisoner from his alien planet. The crime he committed there is not possible here because Elves are severely handicapped on earth, hence the fantasy feats seen on those imaginative movies which some of their ancestor movie producers created.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Depends on which kind of elf you're talking about, of course.

And we have to be careful to distinguish Elves from Gnomes, Dwarves, Pixies, Nixies, Fairies, Orcs, Goblins, Hobgoblins, get our taxonomy right so we know who's who in the zoo.

Then too there's the matter of Elvish tribe. Vanyar, Noldor, Solosimpi, Sindar or Avari.

Really, there's a lot to unpack here.

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on which kind of elf you're talking about, of course.

And we have to be careful to distinguish Elves from Gnomes, Dwarves, Pixies, Nixies, Fairies, Orcs, Goblins, Hobgoblins, get our taxonomy right so we know who's who in the zoo.

Then too there's the matter of Elvish tribe. Vanyar, Noldor, Solosimpi, Sindar or Avari.

Really, there's a lot to unpack here.
And you must not forget Santa's Christmas elves. Are they even related at all to middle earth elves?

Upvote 0

LadyKay

Nov 6, 2017
Midwest
✟23,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i made this just for inspiration[

I hope not. Considering I play one in my online roll playing game. That and I am serious Lord of The Rings fan. As far as pointy ears, well Spock had them and he wasn't satanic. It's all just good fun the way I see it.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you must not forget Santa's Christmas elves. Are they even related at all to middle earth elves?

Hmmmm. Perhaps through fairies, somehow. The only way to be sure would be to dissect some specimens and do a DNA test. Given that they're all immortal I think we'll be waiting a long time, as the only other option would require murder. I suppose it could be argued that it's "for science", but Santa may not buy that argument and I'd still like to get presents.

Trying to murder one of the Legolas/Thrandeuil/Galadriel type Elves seems like a good way to die so risking that doesn't seem worth it.

Maybe we could get saliva samples from a candy cane up North, and then borrow a strand of Elf hair from Gimli. Though asking for that might also be very perilous.

It must be thought upon!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

More likely a combination of brownies and gnomes.

Which basically makes them OCD gremlins with beards. We're hosed.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also Santa AND Elves AND Klaus all have five letters. Five comes immediately before six. And so 555 is the predecessor to 666. So Santa Klaus and his Elves come before the Devil WHERE IS YOUR FANCY SCIENCE NOW
Beware a bible with 66 books, it too is the precursor for 666 :liturgy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
All these kinds of elves! Did they evolve from a common ancestor, or were they each created? How did so many elves fit in the ark?
Are we discussing elvolution?

(See what I did there?)

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
All these kinds of elves! Did they evolve from a common ancestor, or were they each created? How did so many elves fit in the ark?

Elves don't evolve biologically. Their morphic energy responds to to the nature of their environment, causing them to change and adapt during their extended lifespan.

You can trust me on this. I've been a fantasy fan and gamer since 1979. When it comes to things that can be quantified in terms of Experience Points, I'm an expert.

;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.