Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not saying actual possession or actual demonic activity is funny. But we can all think back to some portrayals of demons in movies or comedies that were hilarious. I'm not sure why it makes me laugh when someone says something like "I had a demon in me" or "I got a demon." Now obviously if they really do have one then that's not funny at all. But it seems when it comes to Hollywood and demons the demonic portrayals are just so absurd they are hilarious. We all can remember scenes of people with demons that act so insane you can't help but laugh. I know we have some people here who take demons very seriously, and if you are dealing with an actual demon then sure, but I also think these people need to lighten up on the subject and not focus so much on darkness.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since they come only to kill, to steal and to destroy,

to feed off of people's souls and minds,

to cause fear, doubt, anxiety , hopelessness, false hope, deception...

I'd guess not.

I just think the very idea of one existing and being there is funny to me. Maybe because I've watched to many movies that make light of them. But actuall demonic possession or oppression isn't funny but just the very idea of a demon can be hilarious. I mean just the word itself tickles me in a way.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe because I've watched to many movies that make light of them.
As you may have heard,
(as it is written first:
satan destroys souls, billions of souls, or causes them to be destroyed.)
and
one of his most used tricks , is to get people to not think he is real.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As you may have heard,
(as it is written first:
satan destroys souls, billions of souls, or causes them to be destroyed.)
and
one of his most used tricks , is to get people to not think he is real.

Well i know hes real and demons are real, but still hilarious.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like the falling down drunk neighbor driving a pickup truck
over a bunch of school kids....
or through a crowd gatherd for a parade in OKC, ....
or like someone putting poison in koolaid sold at a neighborhood grocery store....
yeah, haha....

Nah I definitely wasn't talking about actual actions that harm people, or harm at all, but just the idea of a demon is hilarious perhaps because i've watched too many demon comedies.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I realize that. I see the results, the actual results of alcoholism and also of demonic deception every day. Neither one is funny.

Satan loves tricking people so they don't see the truth.

Like dumping vietnam vets under a bridge, instead of caring for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I realize that. I see the results, the actual results of alcoholism and also of demonic deception every day. Neither one is funny.

Satan loves tricking people so they don't see the truth.

Like dumping vietnam vets under a bridge, instead of caring for them.

You keep talking about actual evil actions, I'm merely stating the very fact that there are even demons actually out there is hilarious. It's hard to imagine and when I visualize a demon its just so absurd I can't help but laugh. But remember I'm talking merely ideas and not results of demonic activity. I've done all I can to separate a mere idea from actual evil results. So address the idea and not the actual evil done. Because its the idea thats funny to me not actual evil.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There will be a time.
We get to laugh at the demonic , the whole world laughs when they see what it was that deceived the whole world, when it is time.

Today, 10,000 children will die of thirst , due to the enemy's activity on earth.
Today, 10,000 children will suffer uncontrollable seizures , due to the enemy's activity on earth (just in the usa - a 'Christian' nation ? ) ....

Today, well, the list is practically endless, even in your own neighborhood how many people are sick and dying and suffering severely,
due to the enemy's activity on earth among , in, and thru the leaders.

Jesus said for a reason "WOE...." TODAY...

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There will be a time.
We get to laugh at the demonic , the whole world laughs when they see what it was that deceived the whole world, when it is time.

Today, 10,000 children will die of thirst , due to the enemy's activity on earth.
Today, 10,000 children will suffer uncontrollable seizures , due to the enemy's activity on earth (just in the usa - a 'Christian' nation ? ) ....

Today, well, the list is practically endless, even in your own neighborhood how many people are sick and dying and suffering severely,
due to the enemy's activity on earth among , in, and thru the leaders.

Jesus said for a reason "WOE...." TODAY...

You keep focusing on evil in the world. Thats not what this thread is about. It's about the idea of demons, and nothing to do with actual evil in the world.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How about focusing on JESUS ! HE THROWS demons out. Doesn't tolerate them.
His disciples do the same thing today.

The idea of demons as "funny" ?
Demons will use humor to lure us in.

Gotta go for a while, I'll gladly rest now, and let Prophetic Times and Wise Guy handle this for a while as YHWH Pleases , if they want to ... SHALOM!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You find Hollywood's version of demons hilarious, but not the actual demons that exist around every one of us every day?

That would be correct. I also find the very idea of imagining millions of demons running around the world trying to get people to sin and do evil just bizarre. I agree they exist, but trying to wrap your mind around them working nonstop around the clock in this world is a interesting concept. Like I picture the world and just millions of demonic spirits running around doing evil, and its just bizarre to imagine.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That would be correct. I also find the very idea of imagining millions of demons running around the world trying to get people to sin and do evil just bizarre. I agree they exist, but trying to wrap your mind around them working nonstop around the clock in this world is a interesting concept. Like I picture the world and just millions of demonic spirits running around doing evil, and its just bizarre to imagine.

I agree that it is a difficult concept, simply because they are not visible to our scope of vision. Imagine if they were (I am very happy that they aren't). I find it terrifying to imagine that the strings of all of the evil in this world (which is only growing worse) are being pulled by these entities who cause suffering, torment and pain (and enjoy it).

The greatest trick the ultimate trickster (the devil) has pulled is making the world believe he doesn't exist. Hollywood likes to portray demonic activity and demons as silly, humorous, ridiculous and far-fetched. This is done purposely, giving the world a false notion of what demonic activity really looks like (a desire to kill, abusing a child, spreading false ideology... anything which leads to suffering) and removing the 'fear' with humor.

If you ever personally tangle with one wherein you fight for your very sanity, I assure you that you will no longer find anything about them funny. They are ugly, desparate, deceiving spirits who want to take as many souls of men to hell with them as possible. I find them detestable.

Upvote 0