Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know we have some people here who take demons very seriously, and if you are dealing with an actual demon then sure, but I also think these people need to lighten up on the subject and not focus so much on darkness.

For the most part, we focus on the Biblical here, and in the bible they are dark. If you want to focus on Fiction/Comedy, Film/Tv etc there are forums for that.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok Mr.imlikewhothatwhathuh *smiling*
You remember a while back u had a sound of horror in ur ear that wasnt funny at all, u better b careful there partner. Just remember ur sista over here reminding u to b careful. Ive said b4 we dont see eye to eye, but we still "like" each other. But actually u said you love me, so yeah :swoon: Just a friendly tap on the shoulder, oki doki??? :congrat:

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok Mr.imlikewhothatwhathuh *smiling*
You remember a while back u had a sound of horror in ur ear that wasnt funny at all, u better b careful there partner. Just remember ur sista over here reminding u to b careful. Ive said b4 we dont see eye to eye, but we still "like" each other. But actually u said you love me, so yeah :swoon: Just a friendly tap on the shoulder, oki doki??? :congrat:

That loves never going away trust me no matter what! Yeah I mean if an actual demon is in your ear thats not fun, but looking back I can laugh at it.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That loves never going away trust me no matter what! Yeah I mean if an actual demon is in your ear thats not fun, but looking back I can laugh at it.
OKKKKKKKK well hopefully u wont need my help anytime S:eyes:N .
Note to self: as bible states that sometimes we entertain angels unaware, the same goes for demons, shuga pie LOL

Ok Im thru, its been fun ;)

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OKKKKKKKK well hopefully u wont need my help anytime S:eyes:N .
Note to self: as bible states that sometimes we entertain angels unaware, the same goes for demons, shuga pie LOL

Ok Im thru, its been fun ;)

Well if i do run into some trouble I know exactly who to go to Mrs.Porch.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe because I've watched to many movies that make light of them.

Without recommending this, just noting it for those who think , well, hollywood's okay,
internet search actor's / actresses contracts (literally) with the devil.

It is astonishing, devastatingly evil, extremely sorrowful, with gnashing of teeth and the worm that does not die...

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep talking about actual evil actions, I'm merely stating the very fact that there are even demons actually out there is hilarious. It's hard to imagine and when I visualize a demon its just so absurd I can't help but laugh. But remember I'm talking merely ideas and not results of demonic activity. I've done all I can to separate a mere idea from actual evil results. So address the idea and not the actual evil done. Because its the idea thats funny to me not actual evil.
You dont seem to get it.......there will be no laughing in Heaven.....just hymn singing and slow walking and an occasional "Halleluyah!" Get use to it!

Upvote 0

JingshenBianxi

So Cool
Mar 16, 2017
Houston, TX
✟17,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not saying actual possession or actual demonic activity is funny. But we can all think back to some portrayals of demons in movies or comedies that were hilarious. I'm not sure why it makes me laugh when someone says something like "I had a demon in me" or "I got a demon." Now obviously if they really do have one then that's not funny at all. But it seems when it comes to Hollywood and demons the demonic portrayals are just so absurd they are hilarious. We all can remember scenes of people with demons that act so insane you can't help but laugh. I know we have some people here who take demons very seriously, and if you are dealing with an actual demon then sure, but I also think these people need to lighten up on the subject and not focus so much on darkness.

Luke 8:26-30 - Then they sailed to the country of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee. When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, " What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me. " For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.) Jesus then asked him, " What is your name? " And he said, " Legion ", for many demons had entered him.

Luke 9:37-43 - On the next day, when they had come down from the mountain, a great crowd met him. And behold, a man from the crowd cried out, " Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, for he is my only child. And behold, a spirit seizes him, and he suddenly cries out. It convulses him so that he foams at the mouth, and shatters him, and will hardly leave him. And I begged your disciples to cast it out, but they could not. Jesus answered, " O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here. " While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father. And all were astonished at the majesty of God.

These scriptures show where " Hollywood " gets their " ideas " from in regards to DEMONS. However, I don't see it to be funny at all. I don't think it's funny to know that demons SEIZE human beings. To seize something means to TAKE IT. It is to say that they were not KIND in doing so. I don't find that to be funny. To then witness how a demon, once it has seized a person, can then put that person into violent convulsions to the point of foam coming out of the mouth.

A seizure.

I don't find this to be funny. Because just when you thought a person in present day is " having a seizure ", it could very well be a LITERAL DEMON POSSESSION happening before your very eyes.

Demons, are not stand up comedians who are brought to you to make your day better via laughter. No. Demons are here to Steal, Kill, and Destroy.

I don't find that funny.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will be a time.
We get to laugh at the demonic , the whole world laughs when they see what it was that deceived the whole world, when it is time.

Today, 10,000 children will die of thirst , due to the enemy's activity on earth.
Today, 10,000 children will suffer uncontrollable seizures , due to the enemy's activity on earth (just in the usa - a 'Christian' nation ? ) ....

Today, well, the list is practically endless, even in your own neighborhood how many people are sick and dying and suffering severely,
due to the enemy's activity on earth among , in, and thru the leaders.

Jesus said for a reason "WOE...." TODAY...
Man! you sure know how to lighten up a crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why not ?

Being " evil / bad " and the rest of the things people associate with " demons " is not even close to the original meaning in Greek

The themes and pictures are what make me laugh the hardest

Humans have such great imaginations

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Man! you sure know how to lighten up a crowd.
YHWH has a way about Him....
Psalm 2:4
But the one who sits in heaven [C God] laughs; the Lord ·makes fun of [ridicules; derides] them.

and from the survivors , maybe ?

Isaiah 14:10-11Expanded Bible (EXB)

All these leaders will ·make fun of you
and will say,
“Now you are weak, as we are.
Now you are just like us.”
Your ·pride [or pomp; splendor] has been sent down to ·the place of the dead [or the grave; L Sheol].
The music from your harps goes with it.
·Flies [or Maggots] are spread out like your bed beneath you,
and worms cover your body like a blanket.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not saying actual possession or actual demonic activity is funny. But we can all think back to some portrayals of demons in movies or comedies that were hilarious. I'm not sure why it makes me laugh when someone says something like "I had a demon in me" or "I got a demon." Now obviously if they really do have one then that's not funny at all. But it seems when it comes to Hollywood and demons the demonic portrayals are just so absurd they are hilarious. We all can remember scenes of people with demons that act so insane you can't help but laugh. I know we have some people here who take demons very seriously, and if you are dealing with an actual demon then sure, but I also think these people need to lighten up on the subject and not focus so much on darkness.
I know what your saying, I had never heard of demonic possession when I watched the Exorcist way back in the late 70s. It scared me half to death and strangely, two people sitting close by laughed through the whole thing. A lack luster Exorcist 2 came out but never demonstrated the theatrics of the original and the third one, Repossessed, featured a chase scene in golf carts.

No of course they are not funny but I know to the secular mind the whole thing seems laughable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YHWH has a way about Him....
Psalm 2:4
But the one who sits in heaven [C God] laughs; the Lord ·makes fun of [ridicules; derides] them.

and from the survivors , maybe ?

Isaiah 14:10-11Expanded Bible (EXB)

All these leaders will ·make fun of you
and will say,
“Now you are weak, as we are.
Now you are just like us.”
Your ·pride [or pomp; splendor] has been sent down to ·the place of the dead [or the grave; L Sheol].
The music from your harps goes with it.
·Flies [or Maggots] are spread out like your bed beneath you,
and worms cover your body like a blanket.
I think you are right.....I dont see anything good in the bible concerning laughter.......But I do know God does have a sense of humor though.....I told him that after he answered one of my prayers one time.

I do find laughter helpful sometimes though. Happy people are much easier to be around than the doom and gloom, walk straight or hell fire, crowd.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
...I dont see anything good in the bible concerning laughter....
Watch diligently,
pray to see and find,
search across the country,
not for happy nor happy-go-lucky people at all,
but
for people rejoicing in perfect peace every day in union with Y'SHUA -
for people overflowing with not just peace, but joyousness every day
no matter what their circumstances are (even prison, torture and death!) ,
for people living righteously,
as YHWH says,
as YHWH gives peace, joy and righteousness freely woven with SALVATION always, and today, to each of His children ....

people overflowing with peace and joy , like little children (who may laugh over 70 times a day without any effort at all),
may laugh frequently in pure sheer joy and wonderment at YHWH'S MIRACLES DAILY,
as well as the SUPPLY OF LIFE in CHRIST JESUS DAILY !
as written all through the NT (and not as in any traditions).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That would be correct. I also find the very idea of imagining millions of demons running around the world trying to get people to sin and do evil just bizarre. I agree they exist, but trying to wrap your mind around them working nonstop around the clock in this world is a interesting concept. Like I picture the world and just millions of demonic spirits running around doing evil, and its just bizarre to imagine.

Actually I believe that is exactly what they are doing, 24/7/365.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Just like it says in SCRIPTURE , God's WORD,
EPHESIANS 2,
GALATIANS key word "pernicious",
REVELATION except for the elect, "the whole world serves demons/ worships demons" and refuses to repent or stop or call on God for help....

Actually I believe that is exactly what they are doing, 24/7/365.

Upvote 0