Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again, not a rational argument.
It does.
Now you are making it about me and not the arguments. You don't speak for everybody. People can adjudicate the arguments for themselves. Science is not self-correcting if certain hypos are rejected a priori based on ginned up rules, Science only deals with natural and has nothing to say about the supernatural. In fact there are overlaps. If science is limited to that extent then it is not self-correcting. If it is limited to only materialistic explanations, then it limits itself to fictions. Science deals with the material and only accepts material explanations is circular.
I have no control over your incomprehension or ignoring. I made the rational case for atheistic agenda in previous posts. Rejection of the supernatural from the get go is atheism. You have not directly addressed them and ignoring will not make them go away. All is demonstrated is an emotional dogmatic conviction to atheistic myths about the history of life on Earth.
Well you are not the arbiter of school curriculum. ID is already injected into public education textbooks, not by IDers, but by critics. Critics who misrepresent and bash ID. The subject is already there and will continue. ID is in peer review. Peer review articles are written responding to ID articles, but the actual ID articles are dead on arrival. One standard for the home team and another for the visitors. That is a stacked deck, not a level playing field. Things will change. Interested parents will not tolerate double standards. The kids go right home and report to their parents. That much i do know.
How bout the truth for starters. You have not told any of us what blind watchmaker evolution has contributed. Biology operates just fine without it. Nor do you want it isolated from the rest of the pack. To you there is no difference between gravity and your blind watchmaker. Blind faith in myths not compelling.

Could you explain what this "atheistic history" term you have come up with is and give us examples of the same?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Rejection of the supernatural from the get go is atheism.

That's not what atheism is at least not in the context of everyday human endeavor and inquiry.

For example, I mowed my lawn today but I didn't invoke the supernatural or any theistic beliefs to do so. Is that atheistic lawn-mowing?

How about when I made myself lunch? No theism there either. I guess I ate an atheistic sandwich.

Then I decided to have a nap. Guess what? My nap was atheistic too.

The fact you're simply attaching "atheism" to a particular branch of human inquiry does not make it so. You seem to have an entirely shaky grasp of what atheism is and what it actually entails. And biological evolution is not synonymous with atheism.

You have not told any of us what blind watchmaker evolution has contributed.

"Blind watchmaker evolution" isn't a meaningful term, and that fact that you are equating it with atheism is a strawman of your own making. I already provided a number of sources of how biological evolution is relevant and how it contributes in the applied biological sciences. That you choose to ignore, twist or otherwise dismiss this isn't my problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,419.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
False since Neandertal had a larger brain case but was not a smart as Adam who farmed with NO magical evolution. Adam's son built a city and Cain's descendants made tents, musical instruments and had smelting long BEFORE such traits of modern Humans appeared on Planet Earth after the Ark arrived 11k years ago bringing Adam's superior intelligence to this animal planet.

Best evidence for smelting is circa ~8000 to 7500 years ago, not more than 11,000 years. Earliest cities are around 6500 years old.

Could you please do some BASIC research? Please!

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Best evidence for smelting is circa ~8000 to 7500 years ago, not more than 11,000 years. Earliest cities are around 6500 years old.

Could you please do some BASIC research? Please!

I have and you cannot refute it since it happened on Adam's Earth which was totally destroyed in the flood. Cain's descendants had Inherited Adam's superior intelligence and it showed in their modern Human traits. They had smelting thousands of years before it came to planet Earth. Here is the best and only "evidence" of that time:

Gen 4:22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.

The earliest "cities" on our Earth were Babel and Ereck and they were built by a first generation Hybrid Human, like the 7.4 Billion Humans alive on Earth today. It was Noah's great grandson Nimrod. Gen 10:8 Don't try to find other proof since this was BEFORE writing, reading and all of the other traits of modern Humans. We did not evolve from an Ape as some believe but Human blood was contaminated with the blood of prehistoric people who did, since Noah's grandsons had NO other Humans to marry. Like Cain, on Adam's Earth, they married and produced children with the prehistoric people who descended from the common ancestor of Apes. Gen 6:4

Some evols don't accept an earlier date for cities since they want BIG cities because they don't know that Rome wasn't built in a day. God Bless you

• Haha
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Theistic Evolutionists and Creationists appear to be tied. I've been following the poll for years, yes obviously they are declining significantly.
It seems pretty obvious now that more Christians are taking more of a Theistic Evolutionist view these days.
At least Atheistic Evolution has held static for the last few years. Fascinating statistics, thanks for the update.
Grace and peace,
Mark
Fascination statistics indeed.
Reminds of this hilarious scene in this Spencer Tracy movie.

"Does a sponge think?
Favorite scene from "Inherit the Wind", a movie about the creationism vs. evolution trial when a teacher is accused of the crime of teaching evolution to his class.

images

You can only keep well evidenced reality suppressed for so long.
Education, is the Kryponite, of biblical creationist beliefs.
Which seems especially true given the relative belief in creationism based on educational background.
Interesting.
What educational background is that? Just curious.

education_o_1234604.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As written in Scripture: the wicked will be more wicked.
And again: it will be (is) as in the days of NOAH. (wickedness filling the earth full to where it cannot hold any more wickedness, the evil is so great)

All according to Plan, Perfectly, as YHWH Breathed His Word thousands of years ago through the men called and chosen by Him.
:scratch:
What does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now, it's upon you. Tell us WHY Humans are the most intelligent. God told us.
You left out the intelligence of the Killer Whale.........

"Scientists think that all whales, porpoises and dolphins probably descended from carnivorous land animals that were part of the fauna 60 million years ago, during the Paleocene."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fascination statistics indeed.
Reminds of this hilarious scene in this Spencer Tracy movie.

"Does a sponge think?
Favorite scene from "Inherit the Wind", a movie about the creationism vs. evolution trial when a teacher is accused of the crime of teaching evolution to his class.

images

Interesting.
What educational background is that? Just curious.

education_o_1234604.jpg

A couple of not well known facts. First of all the Scopes trial was about Social Darwinism and secondly, Scopes agreed to be arrested to create a test case. The movie is nonsense.

And of course money and attention:

(Timeline: Remembering the Scopes Monkey Trial, NPR)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A couple of not well known facts. First of all the Scopes trial was about Social Darwinism and secondly, Scopes agreed to be arrested to create a test case. The movie is nonsense.
Ease up. It is simply entertainment, whether it is factual or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Worldly entertainment is designed to destroy little children's souls and minds.

Nah, it's mostly designed to separate their parents from their hard-earned money.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ease up. It is simply entertainment, whether it is factual or not.
People in the town didn't like the movie because it made them look foolish. People from the town didn't really care if evolution was taught and the leaders of the town just wanted the attention. When it comes to a landmark trial, yea, facts do kind of matter.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Nice dodge.
You didn't answer my question.
No dodge, any more than Jesus when He knew the questioners were not only insincere, but they were also seeking/hoping to get approval of some kind of sin they were involved in, and/or trying to find fault with which to accuse Jesus.

Read the Bible directly. What God said about loving the world and the things of the world....

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
'Sup, Steve!? :wave:
Hey Phil.......nuttin much. And you?
I am just trying to keep the heathens on their toes [and perhaps a few Christians along the way] ehehe.
Remember "beamishboy" onyour "My Bicycle Challenge" thread back in 2208? He sure liked ruffling yer feathers ^_^>........

29th June 2008, 11:07 AM
beamishboy
user_offline.gif

That's one thing I find irritating about Gramps. Usually, his posts are very short. He usually does not commit himself. He refuses to take me on - when I want to argue with him about the Flood. For all his bravado telling science to take a hike, he can't even argue with a 13 year old. His style is this - he will ask a question rather than take a person directly on an argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0