1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Anglicans required to accept the 7th ecumenical council?

Discussion in 'Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic' started by Noscentia, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,667
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    So I was Episcopalian, then ELCA, then back to the Episcopal Church. For me the thing that kind of sent me back was my love for the liturgy. Depending where you are geographically, contemporary worship is more and more likely to be the norm in the ELCA. I went to a seminary which was at one point the heart of the Evangelical Catholic movement in the ELCA and even that is being lost there from what I lost heard. If the liturgy is important to you, the Episcopal Church is the way to go imo.

2. DeFyYing

DeFyYing New Member

+13
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. It’s a shame, because doctrinally Lutheranism has a solid confession and when the liturgy is done right (like in Sweden) it truly is something special. I actually fantasize about pursuing ordination in Nordic Lutheranism, of course that’s probably not really practical or realistic lol. I guess on the bright side Prayer Book Catholic Anglicanism is almost the same as Lutheranism theologically.

If I may ask, which seminary did u attend that you consider the home of “evangelical Lutheranism”? Was it United in Pennsylvania?

3. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,667
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    I'll respond in a DM.