Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev. Jo Bailey Wells, as well as Salesian Sister Linda Pocher and consecrated virgin Goiliva Di Berardino of Italy, presented remarks on the subject of women in the Catholic Church.

VATICAN CITY — A female Anglican bishop who has campaigned for “gender equality” addressed the Council of Cardinals on Monday as part of a session dedicated to deepening a reflection "on the role of women in the Church.”

Rev. Jo Bailey Wells, who is deputy secretary general of the Anglican Communion, was one of the first generation of women to be ordained a vicar in the Church of England in 1995. Married to an Anglican clergyman with two children, she has also served as chaplain to the Archbishop of Canterbury.

The Anglican bishop, who in the past has praised “gender history” for highlighting how “institutions are gendered and how institutions gender individuals,” also addressed an interreligious meeting attended by Pope Francis in Kazakhstan in October 2022 when she reportedly said “gender equality is part of God’s plans.”

The Council of Cardinals, also called the “C9,” is a group of nine cardinals Pope Francis established in 2013 to advise him on Church reform and governance. One of its main tasks, to advise the Pope on reforming the Roman Curia, led to the 2022 apostolic constitution Praedicate Evangelium (Preach the Gospel). It has also often brought in guest speakers to address the Pope and cardinals on key themes.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Female deacons did exist.
But they cannot become priests etc.

I think I was reading or saw writing there are 3 sins that super duper no nos.
One of them is envy of anothers grace.

So... maybe .... :crossrc:

Good grief the entire world needs prayers.
Indeed blinded by temptations... humanity is in dire need to try to operate under humility.
And THAT is so hard. It's been my struggle for eons.

Anyway...

According to the Council of Trent, referencing Ambrose's Concerning Repentance, the Church believes there is no offence, however serious, that cannot be taken away by Baptism, or absolved from in the Confessional—that no one, however wicked and guilty, may not confidently hope for forgiveness.[27][28]

Thomas Aquinas lists, or responds to, six sins that go against the Holy Spirit:[29][30]

• Despair: which consists in thinking that one's own malice is greater than Divine Goodness, as the Master of the Sentences teaches,[31]
  • Presumption: if a person wants to obtain glory without merits[a] or pardon without repentancehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_sin#cite_note-33
    [*]Resistance to the known truth
    [*]Envy of a brother's spiritual good, i.e., of the increase of Divine grace in the world
    [*]Impenitence, i.e., the specific purpose of not repenting a sin
    [*]Obstinacy, whereby a person, clinging to their sin, becomes immune to the thought that its beneficial effects, to one or others, are very minor or otherwise short-term.

Thomas Aquinas explains that the unforgeability of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means that it removes the entrance to these means of salvation; however, it cannot hinder God in taking away this obstacle by way of a miracle.[32][full citation needed]

The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that, while no sin is absolutely "unforgivable", some sins represent a deliberate refusal to repent and accept the infinite mercy of God; a person committing such a sin refuses God's forgiveness, which can lead to self-condemnation to Hell.[33] In other words, one damns oneself by final impenitence (refusal to repent), as taught by John Paul II:[34]

The images of hell that Sacred Scripture presents to us must be correctly interpreted... hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God... "To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God's merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called 'hell'"... "Eternal damnation", therefore, is not attributed to God's initiative because in his merciful love he can only desire the salvation of the beings he created. In reality, it is the creature who closes himself to his love. Damnation consists precisely in definitive separation from God, freely chosen by the human person and confirmed with death that seals his choice for ever. God's judgement ratifies this state.

Through out all the Masses said today:

Lord help us. Help these women for whatever You alone see and know.
Help our Church.
Help Your vicar from the attacks of evil.

Upvote 0