United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I insinuated no such thing.

I guess then the question is, what is meant by "truly born again"? If not to say that there are those who aren't truly born again.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I guess then the question is, what is meant by "truly born again"? If not to say that there are those who aren't truly born again.

-CryptoLutheran
It's hard to believe how some have to pick at such an insignificant nit here.

What did James say? Something about faith without works is dead? Such a statement only makes sense if there exists some scenario where someone might say/think they are saved, but in reality aren't. If such a scenario is simply impossible to you, I can't help you with that.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's hard to believe how some have to pick at such an insignificant nit here.

What did James say? Something about faith without works is dead? Such a statement only makes sense if there exists some scenario where someone might say/think they are saved, but in reality aren't. If such a scenario is simply impossible to you, I can't help you with that.

I'm aware that there are wheat and tares. My only concern is that we don't allow ourselves to turn toward despair by doubting the promises of God.

If I am baptized, I am Christ's. I can turn away from Christ, throw Christ away, and therefore abandon my salvation--but nothing can change the fact that I am baptized, and have been born again. A person who has been born again can throw away their faith, but there is no reason to ever doubt that one is born again--because it is an objective reality of something that happened in objective reality:

Baptism_photo_1.jpg

A person can't unbaptize themselves. Such is impossible.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
IMy only concern is that we don't allow ourselves to turn toward despair by doubting the promises of God.
And, again, I never insinuated one should do that. We could save ourselves a lot of time if people would just stop reading things into what I said, things that simply aren't there.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This may sound like a stupid question. I apologize if it comes off as stupid I'm 100% sincere. But are all born again Christians saved? There are many varying opinions on google so I was searching for the correct interpretation.

If you are in the state of being Born Again, you are saved. A born again Christian can leave that state and not be saved. 1 Timothy 4:1 State just that.
No outside force can force God to make you unsaved, but you have the free-will to walk away from God, and become unsaved. God will not force you to stay with him you are free to leave your saved born again state.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may sound like a stupid question. I apologize if it comes off as stupid I'm 100% sincere. But are all born again Christians saved? There are many varying opinions on google so I was searching for the correct interpretation.

Yes, by definition, a Christian is born again.

John 3:3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Opinions are really not relevant on this. What matters is what God has said on this.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

-CryptoLutheran

Aren't we truly born again from the moment or we come to Jesus and ask him for salvation with a truly repentant heart? Then the holy spirit works in us to keep us not only in the faith but also sanctifying us for the rest of our lives?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This gift is not ours to give. So anyone that reads believes John 3:16 Rom 10:9-10 are saved. He said..who ever believes in Him has ever lasting life

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This gift is not ours to give. So anyone that reads believes John 3:16 Rom 10:9-10 are saved. He said..who ever believes in Him has ever lasting life

That's truth. But what does it mean to believe? To believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus? Or is it something more? I realize my questions will have varying answers because we all have different interpretations of scripture but... this is kind of an important part of salvation. Just what is believing in Jesus?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For Catholics we look at it as we are saved, we are being saved, in hope of reaching salvation.

If we look at this as the story of the flood, our baptism is the flood which washes away the sins of the world. The ark, the body of Christ, is the Church. We are safe if we remain in the ark which protects us from the raging storm.

Within the ark we find all the different animals of the world which, just like Peter's vision, are the many different Gentiles. And God keeps us safe while in the Church until we reach the safety of our destination

God doesn't force people to remain in the safety of the body of Jesus. If they turn away they can do so but God keeps the path open if they choose to return.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes, to be born again is to have the new birth though the Holy Spirit. As long as a born again Christian keeps walking in relationship with Jesus he is saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Oldmantook
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's truth. But what does it mean to believe? To believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus? Or is it something more? I realize my questions will have varying answers because we all have different interpretations of scripture but... this is kind of an important part of salvation. Just what is believing in Jesus?

Great question! To believe in Jesus is to have an obedience/love/faith relationship with Christ. You believe in him, and in what he says, and you live as he tells you to live. Trusting in him and believing in him taking our sins on himself is one side of the coin, the other side is obedience through love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We all know born again Christians who have turned away from the faith and lived worldly lives thereafter. Then members of the Christian church say "well, he was never saved in the first place". Correct! We are all free to follow Jesus until the end of our earthly existence, or to turn away in response to the worldly temptations that are all around us. In other words, to remain on the road to salvation until we actually are saved, in Heaven ... or to deviate from that road and forfeit salvation.

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't force people to remain in the safety of the body of Jesus.
No God does not "force" people in this matter. He does something better and greater. He bonds them to Christ so that they remain in Him eternally.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:12)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We all know born again Christians who have turned away from the faith and lived worldly lives thereafter. Then members of the Christian church say "well, he was never saved in the first place". Correct! We are all free to follow Jesus until the end of our earthly existence, or to turn away in response to the worldly temptations that are all around us. In other words, to remain on the road to salvation until we actually are saved, in Heaven ... or to deviate from that road and forfeit salvation.
All along, true followers and counterfeits too .....
Quotes of Leonard Ravenhill - Gospel Truth
https://www.gospeltruth.net/ravenhill.htm‎
Quotes of. LEONARD RAVENHILL. Nobody else can give you a clean heart but God. There's one thing we need above everything else; it's something we don't talk about these days. We need a mighty ..... I doubt if 5% of professing Christians in America are born again--and that's true of England! Here's the world with ...

Upvote 0

EternallyKeptByJesus

Apr 22, 2018
Van Meter
✟27,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Everyone who has put their trust in Jesus death and resurrection to deliver them from their sin and has called upon the Lord to for salvation is both born again and saved eternally at the same time.

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Great question! To believe in Jesus is to have an obedience/love/faith relationship with Christ. You believe in him, and in what he says, and you live as he tells you to live. Trusting in him and believing in him taking our sins on himself is one side of the coin, the other side is obedience through love.

That makes sense. Thanks for your quick answer.

• Friendly
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0