ARE ALL BELIEVERS KINGS AND PRIESTS WHEN RESURRECTED ?

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ,
called to be an apostle,
separated unto the gospel of God,
(Which He had promised afore by His prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord,
.. which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
.... And declared to be the Son of God with power,
...... according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
By Whom we have received grace and apostleship,
for obedience to the faith among all nations, for His name:
Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.'

(Rom 1:1-7)

Now to Him that is of power to stablish you
according to My gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ,
.. according to the revelation of the mystery,
.... which was kept secret since the world began,
...... But now is made manifest,
and by the scriptures of the prophets,
according to the commandment of the everlasting God,
made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. '

(Rom 16:25-27)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
called to be an apostle,
separated unto the gospel of God,
(Which He had promised afore by His prophets in the holy scriptures,)
...... according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.'

(Rom 1:1-7)

Now to Him that is of power to stablish you
according to My gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ,
.. according to the revelation of the mystery,
.... which was kept secret since the world began,
...... But now is made manifest,
and by the scriptures of the prophets,
according to the commandment of the everlasting God,
made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. '

(Rom 16:25-27)
I just love Rom 1:1 because Paul was a called apostle // APOSTLOS which means Paul was a called messenger , HAVING BEEN SEPARATED // APHORIZO and the Greek word Aphorizo that Boundaries , Separated and was Limited to only preach God's Gospel .

By the way Greek word separated is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and that means , that from his calling to the day that he was executed , Paul preached God's Gospel .

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just love Rom 1:1 because Paul was a called apostle // APOSTLOS which means Paul was a called messenger , HAVING BEEN SEPARATED // APHORIZO and the Greek word Aphorizo that Boundaries , Separated and was Limited to only preach God's Gospel .

By the way Greek word separated is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and that means , that from his calling to the day that he was executed , Paul preached God's Gospel .

dan p
.. called to be an apostle,
.... separated unto
the gospel of God,
...... (Which He had promised afore by His prophets in the holy scriptures,)
...... according to the spirit of holiness,
........ by the resurrection from the dead:

(Rom 1:1-6)

Hi @Dan Perez,

So do I. :) Every time I get down to the study of Romans, I have great difficulty moving on from that opening statement.

*Yet the truth concerning the church which is the Body of Christ is not revealed in this epistle, or in any epistle written prior to Acts 28. For it was revealed to Paul by revelation by the risen Christ.
The foundation upon which it is built is there in Romans 5:12-8:39, but not the substance. That awaited the epistles written to the Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians, 2 Timothy and Titus & Philemon, from Paul's imprisonment at Rome.

* Christ Jesus, the risen Lord, told Paul at His conversion that He would appear to Him again:-

'And I said, Who art thou, Lord?
And He said, "I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

But rise, and stand upon thy feet:
for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,
.. to make thee a minister and a witness
.... both of these things which thou hast seen,
...... and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Delivering thee from the People,
and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
.. To open their eyes,
.... and to turn them from darkness to light,
...... and from the power of Satan unto God,
........ that they may receive forgiveness of sins,
.......... and inheritance among them which are sanctified
............ by faith that is in Me.'

(Act 26:15-18)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.. called to be an apostle,
.... separated unto
the gospel of God,
...... (Which He had promised afore by His prophets in the holy scriptures,)
...... according to the spirit of holiness,
........ by the resurrection from the dead:

(Rom 1:1-6)

Hi @Dan Perez,

So do I. :) Every time I get down to the study of Romans, I have great difficulty moving on from that opening statement.

*Yet the truth concerning the church which is the Body of Christ is not revealed in this epistle, or in any epistle written prior to Acts 28. For it was revealed to Paul by revelation by the risen Christ.
The foundation upon which it is built is there in Romans 5:12-8:39, but not the substance. That awaited the epistles written to the Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians, 2 Timothy and Titus & Philemon, from Paul's imprisonment at Rome.

* Christ Jesus, the risen Lord, told Paul at His conversion that He would appear to Him again:-

'And I said, Who art thou, Lord?
And He said, "I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

But rise, and stand upon thy feet:
for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,
.. to make thee a minister and a witness
.... both of these things which thou hast seen,
...... and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Delivering thee from the People,
and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
.. To open their eyes,
.... and to turn them from darkness to light,
...... and from the power of Satan unto God,
........ that they may receive forgiveness of sins,
.......... and inheritance among them which are sanctified
............ by faith that is in Me.'

(Act 26:15-18)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you then explain who was the FIRST person placed into the BODY OF CHRIST with a verse ??

dan p
'Hold fast the form of sound words,
which thou
(Timothy) hast heard of me,
in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
That good thing which was committed unto thee
keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.'

(2Tim. 1:13-14)

Hello @Dan Perez, :)

The word revealed to and made known by Paul in the prison epistles (Eph. Phil, Col. 2 Tim, Tit. and Phile.). were addressed to 'saints' and 'faithful' believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. It was for them to hear and believe the word of God concerning the church which is the Body of Christ, and adhere to the truth revealed.

We know that the revelation of God to Paul, was not received by all who heard. For he says to Timothy, in 2 Timothy 1:15a, 'This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; ... ... '

Opportunity was given to all who heard the content of this revelation, with it's heavenly hope, to believe and receive entry into this company, which was newly created in Christ Jesus it's 'Head'. Yet, it was rejected by the majority, who although believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, and saved by God's grace, did not enter into the truth concerning the church which is the Body of Christ.

Their rejection of it, could possibly have been because of the fact that it was 'unsearchable', having been hid in God since the world began, and only made known to Paul, the Lord's Prisoner, following Israel's final departure (nationally not individually) into the blindness of unbelief. Therefore they could not, like the Bereans in Acts 17:11, search the Scriptures daily to see if what Paul was saying to them was true.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which thou

The word revealed to and made known by Paul in the prison epistles (Eph. Phil, Col. 2 Tim, Tit. and Phile.). were addressed to 'saints' and 'faithful' believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. It was for them to hear and believe the word of God concerning the church which is the Body of Christ, and adhere to the truth revealed.

We know that the revelation of God to Paul, was not received by all who heard. For he says to Timothy, in 2 Timothy 1:15a, 'This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; ... ... '

Opportunity was given to all who heard the content of this revelation, with it's heavenly hope, to believe and receive entry into this company, which was newly created in Christ Jesus it's 'Head'. Yet, it was rejected by the majority, who although believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, and saved by God's grace, did not enter into the truth concerning the church which is the Body of Christ.

Their rejection of it, could possibly have been because of the fact that it was 'unsearchable', having been hid in God since the world began, and only made known to Paul, the Lord's Prisoner, following Israel's final departure (nationally not individually) into the blindness of unbelief. Therefore they could not, like the Bereans in Acts 17:11, search the Scriptures daily to see if what Paul was saying to them was true.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Since did not answer , who was the first person saved by grace , to enter the B O C ??

Was it Peter ?

was it Matthew ?

Was it Luke ?

Was it John the Baptist ?

Your thoughts on who the FIRST one to enter the B O C ?

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since did not answer , who was the first person saved by grace , to enter the B O C ??

Was it Peter ?

was it Matthew ?

Was it Luke ?

Was it John the Baptist ?

Your thoughts on who the FIRST one to enter the B O C ?

dan p
Hello @Dan Perez,

To my knowledge it is not possible to answer that question with Scripture. Though it could not have been any of the above mentioned in your reply.

Although we do know that it was to Paul that the truth concerning the Mystery was given and to no other, so on that basis we could say that Paul himself was the first who not only heard but believed what God said concerning this Mystery, which concerns the Church which is the Body of Christ, but Timothy also heard, received and believed what he heard, so he also is one who is a member of the Church which is the Body of Christ.

Please don't repeat this question again, for I covered it well in my previous post, which you have given no indication that you have read.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which thou

The word revealed to and made known by Paul in the prison epistles (Eph. Phil, Col. 2 Tim, Tit. and Phile.). were addressed to 'saints' and 'faithful' believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. It was for them to hear and believe the word of God concerning the church which is the Body of Christ, and adhere to the truth revea

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Dan Perez,

To my knowledge it is not possible to answer that question with Scripture. Though it could not have been any of the above mentioned in your reply.

Although we do know that it was to Paul that the truth concerning the Mystery was given and to no other, so on that basis we could say that Paul himself was the first who not only heard but believed what God said concerning this Mystery, which concerns the Church which is the Body of Christ, but Timothy also heard, received and believed what he heard, so he also is one who is a member of the Church which is the Body of Christ.

Please don't repeat this question again, for I covered it well in my previous post, which you have given no indication that you have read.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Not to repeat , is your choice !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

Please don't be offended by me, for I do not wish to offend you, but as you asked a question, it is only polite to acknowledge and respond to the answer given.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I am not offended by your answer in my Post # 40 and I left out the first person saved by GRACE and you said it will not be possible to ANSWER by scripture ,

#1 This is how I believe it was SAUL / PAUL in Acts 9:5 was saved !!

#2 verse 4 reads Saul , Saul why are you persecuting Me ?

#3 In verse b 5 Paul says , Who are you Lord // KURIOS , which means Master , Sir or Owner , and the Lord said , I am Jesus Whom you are persecuting , It is hard for you to KICK against the Goads .

#4 What does it mean to kick against the Goads , means ?

#5 Verse 6 And n trembling and terrified , ( Saul ) he said , Lord / Master , what do you wish me to do ?

Notice , from 1 Cor 12:3 how important the Greek Lord is .

#6 Therefore , I make it known to you that NO ONE , speaking by God's SPIRIT says Jesus is Accursed , and No one is ABLE to Say LORD JESUS , except by the HOLY SPIRIT .

#7 That is why calling Jesus LORD is !!

#8 The next proof that SAUL was the first saved by Grace is found in 1 Tim 1:15 and reads , Faithful is the Word and Worthy of all RECEPTION that Christ came into the world to saved sinners , of WHOM I am the FIRST // PROTOS and PROTOS means SAL // PAUL was the FIRST // PROTOS saved by GRACE .

#9 The importance of The Greek word LORD N is in Rom 10:9 reads , That if you should CONFESS with your mouth the LORD JESUS , and should believe in your HEART that God raised Him from the DEAD , you will be saved , means saved by Grace .

Not finished yet !!!

#10 in 1 Tim 1:16 , reads , But for this reason I was given mercy , in order that in FIRST // PROTOS Christ Jesus might show forth all longsuffering for a PATTERN // HUPODEIGMA of the ones coming to believe on Him unto everlasting LIFE .

That is why SAUL // PAUL was the first ONE saved by GRACE and was the PATTERN to all those being saved AFTER HIM !!

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez asked in reply 45:-
'Can you then explain who was the FIRST person placed into the BODY OF CHRIST with a verse ??

Thank you for your response, and references to ( Acts 9:5, 1 Cor. 12:3; 1 Tim. 1:15; Rom. 10 & 1 Tim. 1:16 ). But, with respect, you asked who the first person placed into the Body of Christ was? Not who was the first to be saved by God's grace. - Does salvation by God's grace automatically place you in the church which is the Body of Christ?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you for your response, and references to ( Acts 9:5, 1 Cor. 12:3; 1 Tim. 1:15; Rom. 10 & 1 Tim. 1:16 ). But, with respect, you asked who the first person placed into the Body of Christ was? Not who was the first to be saved by God's grace. - Does salvation by God's grace automatically place you in the church which is the Body of Christ?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
There I go again , and if Paul was the FIRST saved by Grace ,then Paul was the first in the Body of Christ But how does anyone enter the Body ?

1 Cor 12:13 tells all how all saved by Grace enter the B O C , by the WORK of the Holy Spirit .

And , some dispensationalist do not believe that the epistle was written to the B O C !!

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

I believe that the revelation made known to Paul concerning the church which is the Body of Christ, was not the subject of His early epistles, for at the time that they were written, the knowledge revealed to Paul was still, 'hid in God', since the world began (Eph. 3:9 & Col. 1:26).

'Even the mystery
which hath been hid
from ages and from generations,

but now is made manifest to His saints:
To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: ... '

(Col 1:26-27)

* For me to say that the church which is the Body of Christ, was the subject of earlier epistles, would be to deny the truth of Ephesians 3:9 and Colossians 1:26, and the contents of both epistles.

* Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon were the epistles written following the divine revelation which Paul received, and made known following Acts 28.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

I believe that the revelation made known to Paul concerning the church which is the Body of Christ, was not the subject of His early epistles, for at the time that they were written, the knowledge revealed to Paul was still, 'hid in God', since the world began (Eph. 3:9 & Col. 1:26).

'Even the mystery
which hath been hid
from ages and from generations,

but now is made manifest to His saints:
To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: ... '

(Col 1:26-27)

* For me to say that the church which is the Body of Christ, was the subject of earlier epistles, would be to deny the truth of Ephesians 3:9 and Colossians 1:26, and the contents of both epistles.

* Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon were the epistles written following the divine revelation which Paul received, and made known following Acts 28.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
It has taken over 2 hours just get passed two other pests that stopped me too use computer !!

And before I answer your question .WHO was Romans , 1 Cor , and 2 Cor , 1 and 2 Cor and Hebrews written too with a verse ?

Just dying to hear what and Acts 28 believer says as I have yet to exchange views and your thought are welcome !!

I do have and ANSWER !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums