Anyone Remember what happened to Carlton Pearson? Also, how to deal with Inclusion Doctrine in WOF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sadly I think that as long as he is given attention by people who agree with him that he may never come back to mainstream Christianity.

exactly correct. That's why wof forum exist, to give shelter and attention to those that is rejected by mainstream Christianity.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because...

1 Jn 3:8 (NET)
The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was revealed: to destroy the works of the devil.​
If one practices a sin, such as homosexuality, and after hearing the truth continues to practice it, they have given themselves over to the devil. They are of the devil according to scripture.

I've read this in the Logos and it told me what God has to say on the matter. I prayed about it and the Holy Spirit gave me Rhema about it, understanding that the homosexual having heard the Word and continuing in their sin is of the devil.
It's something, once confirmed in sin, that takes a LONG time to come out of if convinced the Lord accepts it.

Regarding some of the dangers others found Carlton Pearson to be doing, sadly, Carlton Pearson, unfortunately, did just what you noted and it's why he was denounced at large by the Faith Movement in his actions when preaching that acceptance of sin is a good thing. In example:

Nonetheless....as Jesus has spoken, there's a reason others in the Faith Movement chose to say the following about Pearson:

2 John 1:8
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that wemay receive a full reward.

9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

The Apostle John who walked with Jesus remember Jesus warning against false teaching and it's sad to see how much this is forgotten in the Faith Movement. But it makes a difference.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sadly I think that as long as he is given attention by people who agree with him that he may never come back to mainstream Christianity.
Thankfully, there are others addressing his behaviors and the evils he has been doing throughout the Body of Christ:

• Claiming others do not need to repent of their sins in order to be saved
  • Claiming Jesus accepts sin and does not condemn sin
  • Claiming Jesus is accepting of LGBTQ
  • Claiming Hell does not exist
The list goes on. It is the case, thankfully, that others in the forum since its inception have long called out such behavior and the behavior of anyone spreading the same teachings as Carlton in the Body of CHrist - or trying to use the Faith movement to do the same thing. Carlton has others thankfully calling him to account when reminding him on what the Gospel of Jesus CHrist has always said with regards to repentance and trust in Christ Jesus for Salvation. Those choosing to reject Christianity have never been able to find refuge within the Faith Movement and that's why Carlton Pearson had to leave it and go for New Age and say he was against mainstream CHristianity - but thankfully, others are having awarneness and holding him to account. Prayer always makes the difference....

But dilligence to the Truth of Christ is key.

Jude 1:4 (KJV)

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude (KJV)
1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
exactly correct. That's why wof forum exist, to give shelter and attention to those that is rejected by mainstream Christianity.
I don't see WOF as being rejected but rather the extremes of WOF being rejected. I agree to a point with some of it but I think often those who attack it consider everyone who is WOF as being as extreme as cherry picked examples of televangelists when in fact there are probably many pastors and preachers and mostly unknown WOF folks who aren't extreme but do take God at his word to a different level that most mainstream Christians who often have almost no faith in him and a lot more in their group or denomination or whatever.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A lot of times, when it comes to the Gospel of Inclusion, things get too deep to get out of where one has gone against Jesus ...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Last I heard of Carlton is that he teaches some at a Church on south Peoria here in Tulsa. I really haven't kept up with him much but the rumor I hear that sent him "over the edge" was that his father died and was "unsaved" and this upset him so much to think that his father was in hell that he essentially changed his thinking to reject the idea. I don't really know if it was the case or not. I've heard that he was known to be a good biblical scholar but I often wonder at times that being good at studying the Bible but not having the Holy Spirit operating in your life leaves you succeptable to seeing what you desire in the Bible (or not) instead of what is truly there. I'm not WOF specifically but I do agree somewhat on some things that they do and my former late pastor of my church was a graduate of ORU I think he later got his doctorate in theology from there also.

I think the problem with universalism and inclusionism and essentially overly liberal Christianity is sooner or later some people end up changing things to suit themselves so much that it is hard to see if they are Christians any more. I don't consider Carlton a Christian at this time, is/was he saved? Only God truly knows.
Unforunately for Carlton Pearson, he is indeed what we call in WOF "Toxic WOF" when it comes to others doing things in the name of the movement that were NEVER acceptable - and then trying to gain a following. Others see the behavior and then try to speak for all in the camp.

Carlton Pearson's theology is not Christian, nor are those agreeing with his stances and doing the same as Him.....AND Jesus said we had to walk in discernment so it's unfortunate when seeing how much his universalism and inclusionism have spread.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
A lot of times, when it comes to the Gospel of Inclusion, things get too deep to get out of where one has gone against Jesus ...
Yes, sometimes when you include too much you end up having to exclude Jesus because he, himself equated that the path is narrow and few choose it which flies in contrast to inclusionism. I do however at times think there are less universalists that come from the WOF camp than from more liberal thinking Christian denominations as WOF tends to fly in the face of universalism and WOFers tend to often be more "on fire" for Jesus than other denominations while universalists are almost on ice when it comes to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, sometimes when you include too much you end up having to exclude Jesus because he, himself equated that the path is narrow and few choose it which flies in contrast to inclusionism. I do however at times think there are less universalists that come from the WOF camp than from more liberal thinking Christian denominations as WOF tends to fly in the face of universalism and WOFers tend to often be more "on fire" for Jesus than other denominations while universalists are almost on ice when it comes to Jesus.
Very excellent points, as these are things that have been said within WOF for ages when it comes to the fact that universalism is NOT what's accepted due to its focus in honoring Jesus who said the way was Narrow (Matthew 7).

Luke 13:1-4
Repent or Perish
13 There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than allother Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

Luke 13:22

The Narrow Way
22 And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. 29 They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.”

Lester Sumral (one of the founders in WOF) pointed out the issue when noting the way that Jesus (prior to others rising like Pearson) was someone who's Word would be avoided in latter times by others not wanting to truly be for evangelism - in the name of "don't condemn."

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't see WOF as being rejected but rather the extremes of WOF being rejected. I agree to a point with some of it but I think often those who attack it consider everyone who is WOF as being as extreme as cherry picked examples of televangelists when in fact there are probably many pastors and preachers and mostly unknown WOF folks who aren't extreme but do take God at his word to a different level that most mainstream Christians who often have almost no faith in him and a lot more in their group or denomination or whatever.

wof focus on influencing people to receive CHRIST. surely it breaks many church traditions.

walk by faith means walk by RHEMA. Brian Houston got RHEMA not to talk openly against LGBT. Surely brian knows how to hear GOD's voice is. I also don't talk against LGBT openly. The language is so compromised that giving-condemnation-old-church-style-like-you-know-who-in-this-thread always gives more troubles compared to Brian's way.

If we don't trust brian houston, that brian got RHEMA not to talk openly against LGBT, then there are always traditional church for traditional mindset. e.g. oriental christian.

i personally don't do extreme things, but i follow leaders with track records. I don't have to understand the theology / logos behind it. My spirit can testify with me that this leader okay, that leader is not-so-okay. Don't worry, Our GOD is able to take care of us, but HIS way sometimes looks against HIS own word. But trust me, our GOD is faithful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Closed for review.

You guys are dominating our reports with all of this back and forth. So I'm closing this so that your volunteer staff can get a handle on it.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.