Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why did so many people die during Hurricane Katrina. It was not the Hurricane, it as the levies breaking. It was bad Engendering. The Romans build bridges across rivers that exist today and we have bridges built across much smaller bodies of water that collapse. Climate Change...over 90% of scientist believe it to be real but many people say the 90% are all liars. A member of the U.S. senate held a snow ball in his hand as proof of Global Warming being fake. Or its real but were not making it speed up. When a disaster is coming people run, a scientist looks for a solution. Global warming is real, Storms are increasing number and in strength, famine and drought are at a all time high, were speeding up the process, the polar Ice is melting, at the speed its melting all costal cities will be under water in 100 years. What are all the people who say its fake gonna say then...oh wait nothing they will be dead and the mess will be left for our grandkids and there kids to fix. I am not a scientist, I got a C in biology but I can read and listen to the words of many of the most intelligent men and woman today and I supposed to ignore them and listen to senator who holds snowball in his hand.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why did so many people die during Hurricane Katrina. It was not the Hurricane, it as the levies breaking. It was bad Engendering. The Romans build bridges across rivers that exist today and we have bridges built across much smaller bodies of water that collapse. Climate Change...over 90% of scientist believe it to be real but many people say the 90% are all liars. A member of the U.S. senate held a snow ball in his hand as proof of Global Warming being fake. Or its real but were not making it speed up. When a disaster is coming people run, a scientist looks for a solution. Global warming is real, Storms are increasing number and in strength, famine and drought are at a all time high, were speeding up the process, the polar Ice is melting, at the speed its melting all costal cities will be under water in 100 years. What are all the people who say its fake gonna say then...oh wait nothing they will be dead and the mess will be left for our grandkids and there kids to fix. I am not a scientist, I got a C in biology but I can read and listen to the words of many of the most intelligent men and woman today and I supposed to ignore them and listen to senator who holds snowball in his hand.

I consider myself fairly illiterate when it comes to science, but it does get much worse. The problem is not reason. The problem is passion, desire. We have an afrective malady, rooted in desire, and destroyed by consumption. We're just too spoiled to be wrong.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I consider myself fairly illiterate when it comes to science, but it does get much worse. The problem is not reason. The problem is passion, desire. We have an afrective malady, rooted in desire, and destroyed by consumption. We're just too spoiled to be wrong.
Even good and careful scientists can act as if they are scientifically illiterate when they wander outside of their little fields of expertise. There is a lot of ... what's the word ... malarkey out there that passes for science. I suspect the true climate scientists are doing face palms multiple times a day over what gets said and reported about their field, either from this side or that side.

I;m saying almost everybody is functionally scientifically illiterate, and that includes most of the influencers too.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even good and careful scientists can act as if they are scientifically illiterate when they wander outside of their little fields of expertise. There is a lot of ... what's the word ... malarkey out there that passes for science. I suspect the true climate scientists are doing face palms multiple times a day over what gets said and reported about their field, either from this side or that side.

I;m saying almost everybody is functionally scientifically illiterate, and that includes most of the influencers too.

There is a lot of communal faith in science-trust in the work of others. The replication crisis in the soft sciences (psychology/ social sciences) is instructive. But the other extreme is intolerable. Anyone who says "flat earth" should be punched in the mouth, metaphorically speaking.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science has a reputation. Bad as well as good somehow gets folded in together. If some people ( who are against science) took a moment to realize that Advil gave them instant relief due to the many years of trials and error by Scientists, they would come to know that this field is actually a gift from God.
" There is nothing new under the sun". Science does not invent, it uncovers what God has already put in place.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There is a lot of communal faith in science-trust in the work of others. The replication crisis in the soft sciences (psychology/ social sciences) is instructive. But the other extreme is intolerable. Anyone who says "flat earth" should be punched in the mouth, metaphorically speaking.
'Punched in the mouth' is not part of the scientific method. But it is more and more common. And 'cancel culture' replacing free speech works against the free inquiry and ability to debate that science needs.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is too much money in science for it to be trusted, plus much of science is government funded. Which inturn government is from satans kingdoms he possess.
lol

Tell that to the researchers struggling to make ends meet each week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lol

Tell that to the researchers struggling to make ends meet each week.

That's why they are willing to lie. If they fall in line, they get funded. If they wot fall in line then they wont get funded. They have families too and want to feed them so they prolly think, so what if its lies. As long as me and my family has what they need who cares what they say, I just want my job without waves.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So true, The big lie. It's amazing how science had forgotten about natural immunity, especially during covid. I can understand why because it's bad for business. The fear for and benefits of the vaccine that doctors and government preached during that time was a lie. They canceled anyone with an alternative view. Even trucker's lives were destroyed in Canada because of protests against it. I told my kid's when anyone tries to fear you into doing something look into it because they have an agenda. I learned that in a Psychological Operations (PSYOP) in the Army. I'm glad they listened because young people are dying at a higher rate after covid. Peace

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
So true, The big lie. It's amazing how science had forgotten about natural immunity, especially during covid. I can understand why because it's bad for business. The fear for and benefits of the vaccine that doctors and government preached during that time was a lie. They canceled anyone with an alternative view. Even trucker's lives were destroyed in Canada because of protests against it. I told my kid's when anyone tries to fear you into doing something look into it because they have an agenda. I learned that in a Psychological Operations (PSYOP) in the Army. I'm glad they listened because young people are dying at a higher rate after covid. Peace
Yeah, natural immunity works great on polio.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's obviously a money and control scam. When you ask a question of "scientists" like ..... If we spend 1 trillion dollars to combat "climate change" .... how will we know how much we have extended the expected life of the planet? They have no answers .... because they don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Lord told me that I did right by not taking the vaccine. It was as clear as anything.
That has sort of affected my view of the medical industry in it's entirty, lol. Besides, it changed. Now they run it corporately. Like a fast food chain. You want fries with that? A booster maybe? Shall we supersize that this procedure? And everything is an upsell. I don't like that. The fundamental relationship between doctor and patient has been taken away in favor of a checklist. They ask me every visit to the doctor, Are you depressed? I say, didn't you write it down? I've told you the answer to that 67 times before...

I am almost done with the medical industry entirely. I dont trust them one whit.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's why they are willing to lie. If they fall in line, they get funded. If they wot fall in line then they wont get funded. They have families too and want to feed them so they prolly think, so what if its lies. As long as me and my family has what they need who cares what they say, I just want my job without waves.
That is ONLY true for those working
directly under the funding direction of
such as big tobacco.

You cannot be honest or even sane
yourself if you accuse the world scientific
community of scientific / intellectual dishonesty.

One cannot btw be a well informed yec, and maintain
intellectual integrity. It goes both ways.
The great majority of Christians don't reject integrity.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is ONLY true for those working
directly under the funding direction of
such as big tobacco.

You cannot be honest or even sane
yourself if you accuse the world scientific
community of scientific / intellectual dishonesty.

One cannot btw be a well informed yec, and maintain
intellectual integrity. It goes both ways.
The great majority of Christians don't reject integrity.
Don't forget Big Sugar. Probably the leading cause of death in the world.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No one would really care all that much about how scientifically literate anyone is if people weren't constantly plugging their fat thumbs into the political pie and then badgering others with the show of the plumb they pulled out ... ...

... ... and when they do, suddenly, everyone on all sides is a "science expert."

Upvote 0