Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny78

Mar 15, 2004
Virginia
✟15,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yeah, it is hard but I love them, and have a lot of fun here. I just wish that they were "active" Christians. I know you all are probably getting tired of me, and this thread, but I just wanted to give you a quick update. I went to a Christian bookstore today to try to exchange some of my bad secular music (some of the music I listen to has a lot of swearing, etc in it) for Christian music. Didn't find to much cause I'm not up to date on Christian artists, but I did find a couple CD's, but just being in that bookstore, and looking around, I felt like I was home. Like I belonged. Which is funny cause as I mentioned in a previous post, I felt like being a Christian was becoming farther away from myself. Now, I have a couple other somewhat complicated questions though... Why does a loving God send people to hell for doing what they HONESTLY BELIEVE is right? Such as the Japanese (I lived in Japan for three years) who just go with thier culture and beleive in Buddah but they honestly beleive they are doing the right thing. They may have heard of Christ at one time or another, but isn't that asking a lot of them to totally deny thier culture and believe something else that sounds totally odd to them? I know there are people that do it, because I met Japanese Christians, but the majority of them don't. They honestly with thier whole hearts beleive they are right, and it seems unfair of God to send them to hell for making the wrong choice. I just am having a hard time with that part of Christianity. Also, a prayer request. My sister-in-law is a Christian as far as she beleives it all, (she is 14) but doesn't act like it at all. I don't think she really knows God. Her boyfriend is an atheist. Could you please pray for them both? Thank you....and I'm sorry to keep bugging you all.. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Chris Singletary

Mar 7, 2004
Dayton
✟297.00
Faith
Christian
NP Destiny. I will assist you as long as you need answers

The reason that there is a place for the non saved / wicked dead is that in order for Heaven to even be Heaven, you have to remove the wicked from it. Can you imagine if you went to Heaven and you saw someone swear at someone else? Or how about hit them? Wouldn't Heaven then turn out to be just like here on earth?

In order for Heaven to BE Heaven there can be no sin there. One because God hates it, and 2, because WE hate it. As you grow more in the Lord, all the things that were sin that you once desired to do, you will no longer desire. God will sanctify you for holiness and sin while ever trying to beset you, you will have power over it to not do it.

As for the non Christian "good" people and how they are judged, they will be judged by what they know. It their only guide was their conscience, that that is how they will be judged. The thing is... NONE have the payment for their sin. It isnt just a matter of if they are good people. They did mess up at times in their life.. all humans do. So how do they pay for that? They will ask for the forgiveness of God at judgement day.

I do not know what he will say to them. I know he will take it on an individual basis. But if only they had made Christ their Lord they wouldnt even have to worry about it since he would have payed for all their sins. God is a good and loving God. No matter what he says it will turn out like it should.

Romans 2:11 For God shows no partiality.

12All who have sinned apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14When Gentiles, who do not possess the law, do instinctively what the law requires, these, though not having the law, are a law to themselves. 15They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God, through Jesus Christ, will judge the secret thoughts of all.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Destiny78,

Matthew 25:31 - 46 addresses the issue of those who may not actually be Christians, but from their heart have ministered to Jesus unselfishly. I know some of my brothers and sisters disagree with me on this one, but its not me, its the word of God. In essence if people are unwitingly "receiving Jesus" by the acts they do from their hearts, who are we to judge? Now once someone has been presented with the true gospel, then there are other issues come into play if they outright reject Christ. native Americans are a prime example of this. many of them walked in the ways of the "Great Spirit" who taught them the living values of Christianity without them even having a written Bible. In fact, many Natives lived a better "Christian" life than those who came here claiming to be christians.

Me & my wife will pray for you & your friends. We lift up several people from CF at our church in prayer each week also. we've actually had to start making lists. We've seen some answers already. Praise God & give thanks to Him. :clap:

Upvote 0

Strife

The name is Daniel!
Feb 26, 2004
✟15,218.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hey everyone, I'd like to add into this too, not to mention that I also sit on the same fence as Destiny 78. I'm not sure if this was ever added into this thread, but what happens to those who commited sins say, during before Jesus was born? What if these people, who may have had the potential to be good in life and fallow the way of Jesus Christ, were mislead or raised differently into this world, what to them? What if they had commited something brutal then later realise what they have done and greatfully regret what they have done? If a change of heart ever takes place over them, arent they still commited as sinners or placed on the other side? Sorry about being so curious, but I need these answers to satisfy the 'truth'.

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Strife said:
Hey everyone, I'd like to add into this too, not to mention that I also sit on the same fence as Destiny 78. I'm not sure if this was ever added into this thread, but what happens to those who commited sins say, during before Jesus was born? What if these people, who may have had the potential to be good in life and fallow the way of Jesus Christ, were mislead or raised differently into this world, what to them? What if they had commited something brutal then later realise what they have done and greatfully regret what they have done? If a change of heart ever takes place over them, arent they still commited as sinners or placed on the other side? Sorry about being so curious, but I need these answers to satisfy the 'truth'.
Hi Strife, If a person was a sinner and confessed his sins to the one and only True God then he will be forgiven. for Christ has died for ALL sinners. Does that mean that we continue in our sinning ? of course not. We are to try to control ourselves.
This is one of the Fruit of the Spirits of God .yes, we are still sinners but we are forgiven He died for ALL sinners. He said ,I have not come into the world to save the rightious I have come to save sinners.And if someone has regrets you know he still has his conciousness for right and wrong and so if he does what I said at first that is to confess his sin he will be forgiven. See God made it all ok.So that man can be reconciled back to the Father. this is how much he loves us. Am I making sense here. I guess I am to tired to really get this right.

Destiny,
As for what you are asking about. the people who do not know God in the world. well that is why we are to preach the gospel with love to all the world. And we are to leave it up to Him to harvest. God knows every mans heart so we are to keep preaching ,helping. Celeste

Upvote 0

Leaf3

Mar 31, 2004
Tennessee
✟112.00
Faith
Baptist
Satan is always there to try to pull us away. So we do struggle and go back and forth. Reading the Bible keeps our faith strong. Steer away from all appearance of evil which can include the entertainment industry. The more wordly things we see-the more we struggle with what is right. I think that is how the Amish and Mennonites keep their faith strong-they are in their own little world. Although we still have to interact, we can avoid a lot. Get in a good Bible-based church that focuses on caring for others and the poor and it will give you something good to focus on and to understand God's love and true existence for He is the Creator of such love.If you have put all your trust in Jesus to save you and have accepted Him in your life, then you are saved and these things will help you.

Upvote 0

Strife

The name is Daniel!
Feb 26, 2004
✟15,218.00
Faith
Agnostic
Celeste said:
Hi Strife, If a person was a sinner and confessed his sins to the one and only True God then he will be forgiven. for Christ has died for ALL sinners. Does that mean that we continue in our sinning ? of course not. We are to try to control ourselves.
This is one of the Fruit of the Spirits of God .yes, we are still sinners but we are forgiven He died for ALL sinners. He said ,I have not come into the world to save the rightious I have come to save sinners.And if someone has regrets you know he still has his conciousness for right and wrong and so if he does what I said at first that is to confess his sin he will be forgiven. See God made it all ok.So that man can be reconciled back to the Father. this is how much he loves us. Am I making sense here. I guess I am to tired to really get this right.

Actually Celeste, you did make good sense from what I understood. Thanks for the reply. ;)

Upvote 0

wonderingaboutaname

Feb 21, 2004
United States
✟193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was just browsing these forums and was drawn by the title, "Anyone like me." I became a christian when I was in high school and fell away in HS also, but think about Jesus and am drawn and running at the same time. So I read this thread with interest as sometimes I think I am the only one who does not just hear about God and commit to Him.

There is a book called The Case for Christ...um..or The Case for Faith... by Lee Strobel (or Stobel?) that answers a lot of the questions you are asking. He was an anthesiast who eventually became a Christian after asking lots of questions. He writes well and the book is not dry at all.

Upvote 0

Destiny78

Mar 15, 2004
Virginia
✟15,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
wonderingaboutaname said:
Hi, I was just browsing these forums and was drawn by the title, "Anyone like me." I became a christian when I was in high school and fell away in HS also, but think about Jesus and am drawn and running at the same time. So I read this thread with interest as sometimes I think I am the only one who does not just hear about God and commit to Him.

There is a book called The Case for Christ...um..or The Case for Faith... by Lee Strobel (or Stobel?) that answers a lot of the questions you are asking. He was an anthesiast who eventually became a Christian after asking lots of questions. He writes well and the book is not dry at all.

I have heard many good things about this book, I will have to get it next time I go to the bookstore. It is comforting to know there are others out there who have a hard time commiting to God after being saved.

TO EVERYONE,
Thank you for all the posts, and replies. I finally prayed that prayer of commitment to Christ!! I tried to get a Cross by my name, but it didn't show up. Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you all that my relationship with Christ is still unperfect, but so much better. I just pray that I can "stick with it" this time for longer than a few months, or so. That is my biggest fear. i can't begin to say how much this site has helped me, and to the starter/owner of this site whoever you may be, THANK YOU!

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Destiny78 said:
I have heard many good things about this book, I will have to get it next time I go to the bookstore. It is comforting to know there are others out there who have a hard time commiting to God after being saved.

TO EVERYONE,
Thank you for all the posts, and replies. I finally prayed that prayer of commitment to Christ!! I tried to get a Cross by my name, but it didn't show up. Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you all that my relationship with Christ is still unperfect, but so much better. I just pray that I can "stick with it" this time for longer than a few months, or so. That is my biggest fear. i can't begin to say how much this site has helped me, and to the starter/owner of this site whoever you may be, THANK YOU!
you gotta get tough with satan. know he is. then say, I don't care what he tries what he whispers(you know that little angel on your left shoulder?) tell him NO! and mean it! Then, Destiny,Go on- live your life the best way you know, for the Lord. you will want to please Him. For He is really, real . And he is the reverse of satan . satan wants you = death...=God wants you = Eternal life... God and satan are enemies but satan will not win because God has already won the victory though his death on the cross but wait! He ROSE!! AND is at the RIGHT HAND OF THE Father waiting for the time for us to come to Him. Praise the Lord of LOVE!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Destiny78

Mar 15, 2004
Virginia
✟15,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I told my mother in law today my intentions... She knows that I have struggled before with going back and forth. She is..hmm..I don't know if she is a Christian or not.. She says she beleives, but she wont go to church because she doesnt want to be a hypocrite, and is not ready to give "wordly" stuff up. Anyways, she asked me a question that I couldn't answer (what else is new?:) ) She said the hardest thing she struggles with, that is her telling a white lie, is judged the same as someone murdering someone. What do you say to that? It is isn't it?

Upvote 0

Strife

The name is Daniel!
Feb 26, 2004
✟15,218.00
Faith
Agnostic
I'm not really sure what a white lie is. :scratch:

Oh hey! I'm just curious to know, how did any of you all become christians, and I mean by what means. Were you born from a christian family, or did you convert?

What I find amazing at times is when someone, an atheist, becomes a christian. Now that's from someone denying the exisistence of god, to taking a great leap foward and accepting Jesus Christ. Nothing pushes me a little foward than hearing stories like this that motivate me a little bit more.

Also, to add onto the recommendation of books, currently I'm looking foward to read "Mere Christianity", by C.S. Lewis. I also want to make sure I get my hands "The Case for Christ" aswell!

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Destiny78 said:
I told my mother in law today my intentions... She knows that I have struggled before with going back and forth. She is..hmm..I don't know if she is a Christian or not.. She says she beleives, but she wont go to church because she doesnt want to be a hypocrite, and is not ready to give "wordly" stuff up. Anyways, she asked me a question that I couldn't answer (what else is new?:) ) She said the hardest thing she struggles with, that is her telling a white lie, is judged the same as someone murdering someone. What do you say to that? It is isn't it?

I think that is a ridiculous statement.
The earthly courts are fairer than that.

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Evee said:
I think that is a ridiculous statement.
The earthly courts are fairer than that.
Strife, It is not hard to become a christian. If you are waiting to be good enough to beleive on Our Lord. forget it. He came into this world not to save the rightous but to SAVE SINNERS!! Is that you? if so, Just talk to Him, tell Him you are sorry for all the things you have done in your life that were sins against him.And repent of those sins with and His help you can do this . In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. He understands. He LOVES people and hates the sin. tell Him you want to follow Jesus the one who died for your sins. And the Father and the Holy Spirit. These will lead you into all truth. As far as a church. I beleive that we are to have a church if at all possible. if not, as long as you fellowship, with like minded people. (watch out for the cults.)And always read the bible .

Strife, Gods Grace is what saves us through FAITH ( The faith we have been given by His Spirit )not because we are good enough.

Upvote 0

~*Gods_lil_baby_gurl*~

Oct 22, 2003
In my mind
Visit site
✟697.00
Faith
Christian
Destiny, I used to feel the same way about God.Sometimes I still do, but I have gotten better. what really got me to believe in God was that I took the time out and got those really BIG distractions out of my life. One night I went in my room by myself and just like totally poured my soul out to God. Like I just sat there and talked to him and even though he didnt talk back I knew he was right the in the room with me. Maybe what you need to do is just ask God where you stand with him.....is it right there on his lap or are you across the ocean from him....and just remember that Jesus can be that ship to get you to God.

Ill be praying for you. ~*ChRiStI*~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think a white lie is as wrong as murder. but God will judge a white lie. he hates a liar. If you mom in law beleives encourage her to go ahead and have Faith and ask God for forgiveness of sins. As that has been taken care of by our Lord Jesus. But lets don't stop there. He AROSE from the dead and is at the righ hand of God the Father. Our God punishes us like our loving parents would. He is a God Of LOVE . Yes He loves us and wants all who will to come now and not delay. Gods blessing to all here Celeste

Upvote 0

Destiny78

Mar 15, 2004
Virginia
✟15,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Celeste said:
I don't think a white lie is as wrong as murder. but God will judge a white lie. he hates a liar. If you mom in law beleives encourage her to go ahead and have Faith and ask God for forgiveness of sins. As that has been taken care of by our Lord Jesus. But lets don't stop there. He AROSE from the dead and is at the righ hand of God the Father. Our God punishes us like our loving parents would. He is a God Of LOVE . Yes He loves us and wants all who will to come now and not delay. Gods blessing to all here Celeste

She won't. I tried to ask her about that.. There are certain sins in her life that she said she is not willing to give up, and she refuses to live a double life. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Destiny78,
I told my mother in law today my intentions... She knows that I have struggled before with going back and forth. She is..hmm..I don't know if she is a Christian or not.. She says she beleives, but she wont go to church because she doesnt want to be a hypocrite, and is not ready to give "wordly" stuff up. Anyways, she asked me a question that I couldn't answer (what else is new? ) She said the hardest thing she struggles with, that is her telling a white lie, is judged the same as someone murdering someone. What do you say to that? It is isn't it?

This is a common thing for people struggling with God..."sitting on the fence" so to speak. A lot of people have a superficial belief in God, but don't want to surrender their lives to Him completely. Its in this state of mind where they come up with excuses like "I don't want to be a hypocrite", etc.
Going to church wont make anyone a Christian though. A relationship with Jesus starts in the heart, and as Jesus said, you must love the Lord God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. Church is secondary to all this ~ its important, but its just an assembly of like minded believers. When we put God FIRST in our lives, thats when he can do powerful things.
True, the Bible compares all sin equally in one sense, in that its sin. Its when it comes to human laws, even those instituted by God to Moses in the Old Testement, that we find different sins receiving different penalties. Spiritually though, sin is sin. Jesus said that to look at someone lustfully in your heart is the same as adultery ~ to hate someone is the same as murder. He was trying to show us the spiritual importance of keeping even our secret thoughts in line with Gods Word and the fruit of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Starcrystal said:
This is a common thing for people struggling with God..."sitting on the fence" so to speak. A lot of people have a superficial belief in God, but don't want to surrender their lives to Him completely. Its in this state of mind where they come up with excuses like "I don't want to be a hypocrite", etc.
Going to church wont make anyone a Christian though. A relationship with Jesus starts in the heart, and as Jesus said, you must love the Lord God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. Church is secondary to all this ~ its important, but its just an assembly of like minded believers. When we put God FIRST in our lives, thats when he can do powerful things.
True, the Bible compares all sin equally in one sense, in that its sin. Its when it comes to human laws, even those instituted by God to Moses in the Old Testement, that we find different sins receiving different penalties. Spiritually though, sin is sin. Jesus said that to look at someone lustfully in your heart is the same as adultery ~ to hate someone is the same as murder. He was trying to show us the spiritual importance of keeping even our secret thoughts in line with Gods Word and the fruit of the Spirit.
Thank you starcystral! Well said.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.