Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Strife said:
I'm not really sure what a white lie is. :scratch:

Oh hey! I'm just curious to know, how did any of you all become christians, and I mean by what means. Were you born from a christian family, or did you convert?

What I find amazing at times is when someone, an atheist, becomes a christian. Now that's from someone denying the exisistence of god, to taking a great leap foward and accepting Jesus Christ. Nothing pushes me a little foward than hearing stories like this that motivate me a little bit more.

Also, to add onto the recommendation of books, currently I'm looking foward to read "Mere Christianity", by C.S. Lewis. I also want to make sure I get my hands "The Case for Christ" aswell!

Strife,

I was raised in the church. Was baptized at age 5. went to their school.It seems to me God has always been with me.Always. But that I missed a really big part of the Holy trinity. and that is Jesus. Now I don't know how I missed this important part but I did. It has been after some years that I found Him and how elated I was at finding Him, and full of Joy. Its really strange to me to have missed Him ! I have found Him in so many ways. He has been my friend, my comforter, my Joy, My forgiver, my intercessor with the Father. He is my ALL .

talk about a comforter. We have a son. He was our first born son. he died when he was 37years. he was not married. he had not been with any woman he didn't gamble, drink, or smoke. He was unselfish and kind to dad and I always. He died from an auto acident. We beleive this was the way that God called him home. And I didn't know how much he really read his bible. But read and study he did. that bible was just about into peices. Now I was lying on our couch and looking out our big bay window. and watching the big white fluffy clouds go by (this was after our son was gone to heaven) when all of a sudden i said -God is so Great! And I thought my heart was going to burst it felt so big in my chest. Then my husband said I smell bread, and I did too. and I said that is the bread of life! Jesus Christ. come to us because He says where two or three are gathered together in my name there I will be also. So His word is true to what it says He will never leave you nor forsake you even if you leave him he will be there. but why put yourself away from Him? He said He came to give us life more abundantly. Now I don't know if that means money I don't think so I think it means in our spiritual lives. anyway Gods Blessings to you Strife,Why do you turn to these books to encourage yourself??? there is a book about which you can turn to and you know yes, you know that book that one that has been around so much all these years and NO, it has not changed. I was seeing that the Bible has not changed by the scientists and scholars who went over/ studied the dead sea scrolls and other artifacts that the bible has not been changed . It is the same. but didn't our God promise? He is the God of promise. and he makes alot of promises and He will keep them. His nature is to be true to truth and so He has kept His word!! The Glory is His!!!!!

Reactions: Starcrystal
Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
RESURRECTION

The fire that lit the boiler of the New Testament church was an unquenchable belief thatif Jesus had been only a man, he would have stayed in the tomb. They couldn't keep silent about the fact that the one they sawhung on a cross walked again on the earth and appeared to five hundred people.
I wonder if sometimes we stay silent because we've forgotten the one who was on that cross.

Let us ask our Father humbly,yet confidently in the name of Jesus, to remind us of the empty tomb, the one who dified death. And let us be reminded that we, too. will be granted that same victory!!

Thank You for the sweet surprise of Easter morning. We are thankful that when you arose from your sleep of death, you didn't go immediately to heaven, but instead you went and visited people. This visit of Love reminds us that it was for people that you died. We praise your name for that sweet surprise.

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
The name of Jesus is so sweet, I Love its music to repeat
It makes my joys full and complete, The precious name of Jesus.

I Love the name of Him whose heart knows all my griefs and bears a part.
Who bids all anxious fears depart I love the name of Jesus.

That name I fondly love to hear, It never fails my heart to cheer,
Its music dries the falling tear. Exalt the name of Jesus.

No word of man can ever tell how sweet the name I love so well
Oh, let its praises ever swell, Oh, praise the name of Jesus.

Jesus , Oh, how sweet the name Jesus, every day the same;
Jesus, let all saints proclaim it's worthy praise forever.

Upvote 0

Claude J Robichaud

Apr 6, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Destiny78 said:
Also I wanted to ask... the parable about Jesus finding the sheep...someone posted it here awhile back, (I think Celeste) and I also just read it in another forum. How many times do you suppose that Jesus would go back to get that one that keeps wandering away?

How many times would you go out searching for your little boy if he wandered away? The Lord loves each of his sheep even more than you love your little boy.

GOD BLESS

Copernicus

Upvote 0

Claude J Robichaud

Apr 6, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Destiny78 said:
Yay! I think that I have actually been moving a little closer to God. Like I said, I prayed the other day, and I didn't feel any changes, but I know that faith is not based on feelings, so I kept praying. I was very honest with God, and told Him that although I am not ready to accept Him (again???) just yet, I wanted to open communication with Him. I told Him my doubts, my struggles. Then I emailed my husband. He is in the Navy and out to sea for six months. He says he is a Christian, and used to live for God too, but hasn't for awhile. Anyhow, I was worried because I am so far away from him, and my husband and I are so close, and so much in love..I was afraid that if I started going back to God, it would somehow seperate us if we were living differently. I know that this is a bad thought, but I actually don't think i could live for God if my husband is not. So anyhow, I emailed him, and told him that I had been asking questions and talking to people here in this Christian forum, and that I started to pray again, and read a little bit of the Bible. I told him that I wanted to wat to go back to God again, and that I couldn't do it alone. I asked him if he could think about it too, and we could talk about it. He replied and said that he was thinking the same thing, and had even been talking to a guy on the ship who is a Christian also, and asking him questions and stuff. Yay!! That makes me so happy because it seems like it would be so much easier to go back to God if Andy (my hubby) went with me. Yeah, I know its a personal decision and before the throne of God it wont matter, but this is such a big burden lifted off my shoulders!! Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts. I am really not quite ready to commit yet, but I feel so much closer and so much more at peace. Thank you again

GLORY TO GOD!!!

I'm very new to these Christian Forums and I have to admit. I couldn't possibly find more joy in them than I do when I read testimonies like yours!!! I pray that he will bind your love for one another within his own great love for you both and seal it with happiness, prosperity in all of your family's lives, and his hand of protection on you and all of your loved ones wherever they go.

God Bless You, Sis

Copernicus

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.