Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely! I still like messing around with those! :cool: LEGOS are the ultimate building toy. Have you been on www.brickshelf.com? They have a TON of excellent creations from the community, a lot of them better than the official models! I've even got a few things on there myself.

You also have to check out this site. It just goes to show how intricate those bricks can be.

Upvote 0

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyone involved with First Lego League? We did a state fair demo a few years back. 3 engineers probably spent a hundred hours building the lego robots. They were pretty cool, and the actually ran 18 hours/day for 10 days without falling apart. I was very amazed!!!

Ron

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahh, Legos! I loved them as a kid, and still do-- I dug out my old rubbermaid tubs of Legos a while back and my gf and I spent a couple hours of our second "date" building stuff! I'm a bit disheartened browsing Lego sections in toy stores now; there seem to be so many "specialized" molded pieces and parts. The old yellow castle was all plain bricks. Crenellated towers and stuff were done with bricks, not big pre-made sections! Maybe I'm just a Lego grognard...

There was a guy I worked with at the UCLA Music Library who was (is) a true Lego Maniac, to the point of spending two years building a fully-operational harpsichord out of Lego bricks! :eek: His website will testify to this:
http://www.henrylim.org/LEGOSculptures.html
http://www.henrylim.org/Harpsichord.html

More Lego fun: the Lego Star Wars Trilogy!
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/sworde.htm
(Note that these are done with the old-school bricks, not the lame new cop-out SW sets with the molded pieces...)

http://www.lugnet.com/
:)

Upvote 0

GooglyMelsiePoogly

Promise of a Lifetime
May 27, 2004
Down the road, take two lefts.
✟29,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I likey legos! :clap: I used to play with my brothers legos all the time, its a wonder my parents still let him get legos after he stuffed one up his nose and had to go to the hospital to get it removed. :D But now my brother is 16, and he got rid of his legos and lost interest in them when he was about 14. I myself don't have the money to spend on legos... I have clothes to buy, stuff for my horse and riding to buy, and other important stuff... so I don't play with them no more, unless I find a sibbling of one of my friends who has legos... then I play. ^_^ LoL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doublestire

May 11, 2005
Arizona
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I LOVE LEGOS! lol. I have so many memories of playing legos with my little brother. But he lost his legos when we made our move from alaska to california. :cry: I miss the legos! But that's okay. When my daughter gets old enough I'll buy her all the legos possible then I can play again ;) Kids are great.

Upvote 0

Infantryman Bobby

Artillery Commander of the 2nd pie divison
May 29, 2005
Miami
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a closet full of boxes of legos, lego people, and random things that I have created with them. I Built a model of the Great wall of China when I was like 9, It was 5 feet long! I think I still have it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

rubberchicken007

"Ahh, Legos! I loved them as a kid, and still do-- I dug out my old rubbermaid tubs of Legos a while back and my gf and I spent a couple hours of our second "date" building stuff! I'm a bit disheartened browsing Lego sections in toy stores now; there seem to be so many "specialized" molded pieces and parts. The old yellow castle was all plain bricks. Crenellated towers and stuff were done with bricks, not big pre-made sections! Maybe I'm just a Lego grognard..."

i agree, i do like some of the newer sets with special pieces. but i dont like the kind of thing where half the set is made of 1 piece. the only special pieces, besides technic, are wind shields and windows, but thats about it.

Upvote 0