Anyone Know Any Good Links For In-Depth Bible Studies?

greeker57married

Nov 13, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟15,772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Christian Dude vbmenu_register("postmenu_9159465", true);

e-sword is an excellent site to download Bible versions, Greek and Hebrew text, commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons ect. Here is the website.

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

• Agree
Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0

GeneXian

Jul 22, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey there brothers and sisters in Christ,

Thru The Bible is a Bible study radio program, hosted by the late Dr. J. Vernon McGee, that guides the listener through the entire Bible. This site serves to archive all of the audio files and Notes & Outlines copyright free!

LOL. I don't have enough posts to post the link or the image to the site.

w w w . t h r u t h e b i b l e . n e t

In Him,
Gene

Upvote 0

2Timothy2

Rangers Lead the Way
Aug 20, 2004
Texas
✟3,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have this link on my homepage, but thought I'd post it here too.

Biblical Training has 4 levels. It is still in progress, but there are resources for new Chrisitans, Biblical literacy, Lay education, and Leadership training. The lectures are available in mp3's or Win media/Quicktime. Some have notes, some don't yet, as I said, still in progress. They have all types of topics, from OT survey, NT survey, to Hermeneutics and Systematic theology.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

KingdomScribe

May 26, 2005
Trinity Alps, North. Calif.
Visit site
✟7,830.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: Just found this site! In fact, this thread is what got me interested. It's great seeing so many people interested in studying the Word. Our primary ministry (KingdomScribes.InJesus.com) is geared to help people interpret Scripture *accurately* and *personally* -- there are a set of very simple skills involved in rightly handling the Word and once learned, reading the Word opens up as never before. Like I said -- it's exciting to see so many hungry hearts!

Emil

Upvote 0

jASonOfGod

Jul 8, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟9,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
stranger said:

Okay, I skimmed the website, heres some stuff I picked up.

"The glory of God, and of His Son Jesus Christ, as manifested in the final holiness and happiness of all men, is the central sun of Universalism."
-- Thomas Whittemore, 1840

"It is often remarked by those who oppose the doctrine of universal salvation, that if God is the Savior of all men, then there is no difference between the saint and the sinner, the believer and unbeliever. Those who make this remark, seem to forget, that while God is declared to be the Savior of all men, he is also said to be ESPECIALLY the Savior of the believer. Though it is true, that God is the Savior of all, yet a little more attention would teach you, that all along, in Scripture, there is a salvation held forth as the SPECIAL PROPERTY of the believer, in which the unbeliever can have no part or lot. Though all shall be saved with an everlasting salvation, yet the believer ALONE can enjoy this special salvation."
-- Rev. I. D. Williamson, 1840

"In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist, one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality; one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked. Other theological schools are mentioned as founded by Universalists, but their actual doctrine on this subject is not known.""The Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge"
by Schaff-Herzog, 1908, volume 12, page 96

The Winchester Profession of 1803
We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments contain a revelation of the character of God, and of the duty, interest and final destination, of mankind. We believe there is one God, whose nature is love; revealed in one Lord Jesus Christ, by one Holy Spirit of Grace, who will finally restore the whole family of mankind to holiness and happiness.We believe that holiness and true happiness are inseparably connected; and that believers ought to maintain order, and practice good works, for these things are good and profitable unto men.

The Five Principles of Faith (1899)
1. The Universal Fatherhood of God
2. The spiritual authority and leadership of His Son Jesus Christ
3. The trustworthiness of the Bible as containing a revelation from God
4. The certainty of just retribution for sin
5. The final harmony of all souls with God

An Affirmation of Faith (1903)
"I believe in God, the Father Almighty and Universal;
and in Jesus Christ his Son, the true teacher, example, and Savior of the world.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the quickener and comforter of men.
I believe in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as a revelation of righteousness, truth and love.I believe in the Holy Church Universal;
in the communion of saints;
in the certainty of punishment for transgression;
in the forgiveness of sins;
in the life immortal;
in the final triumph of goodness and mercy;
and in the union and harmony, at last, of all souls with God."

Where are any scriptures supporting any of that doctrine?
Oh right, there is none.

Stranger, please read the Holy Bible, get in a good bible basics church,
(I do not mean a specific church) and stay away from the cults.
Disgusting doctrines like that are for cowards.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

But hey, if you want to know the truth from people who read the Bible,
Go here->
(Sorry, link removed so that I am not removed from another forum for posting the truth.)
<-lots of wonderful Biblical Truths from the Bible
(instead of mens (and Satans) translations thereof).
Too mean fer ya? Don't go to the previously mentioned link.
And stranger, I did not mean to (if I did) insult you in any way.

And to the topic: e-sword has some decent study modules,
and it's just a great tool by itself.
Go to (link removed) for some meaty study.

In the Love of Jesus Christ, -Jason

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Where are any scriptures supporting any of that doctrine?
Oh right, there is none.

I think that if you expect to find a site where all truth of god is written out for easy reference that you will be forever disappointed ....

I did not refer to these sites because they expouse all truth of God [and I am not a 'uninversalist' as such myself, I am non-denominational ... the difference is simply that reigion of tradition of men [and of 'cults'] comes in 'package deals' , maybe some truth ,but wrapped up WITh a lot of other things ...

Thu just because I suggest the site has some interesting questions to ask traditionalists ad proffers some convincing answers, does not mean that it an easy listing of all truth of God ...

Thus your comments are way out of line my friend , I never even suggetsed that all words written on any website are necessarily true just because I said the site was useful

Stranger, please read the Holy Bible

Now that is insulting, I have clearly read the bible my friend ...

get in a good bible basics church

Now that is madness, why learn the tradition of men when the scripture warns one against doing that?

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

(I do not mean a specific church) and stay away from the cults.

That is rather amusing, how would anyone know what was a 'good' church and what a 'cult' ... denominations are just the largest cults anyway , all based historically on doctrines of particular men that have become traditions...

Disgusting doctrines like that are for cowards.

Rather it would seem that people just choose a church for convenience and asa social club, a place where they constrain their beliefs to fit in and hope that the priest knows the truth ... but how many priests know all truth of God , most would even admit they do not I think ,so wht implication that Jesus said that baptism of the spirit , which is required for the kingdom, leads on into all truth !!!
Thus maybe some people are cowed into saying they believe in men's words because of the fear men put in them by threats of a pagan hell, but my friend that is not me ...

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Very true, since to know the truth about oneself from God, by His spirit, is terrifying ... BUT you did not notice perhaps that it says that fear is ONLY the beginning of wisdom... the end of wisdom is perfect love and that casts out all fear ...

But hey, if you want to know the truth from people who read the Bible

Again, an unscriptural proposition, all will be taught of God, not by listening to men, not even by listening to men who read the bible ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
sparkyman481 said:

This is mostly pretty enlightening stuff, but like most he has made some mistakes too

A good stab at a reproof from the scriptures of a few of the many apostate dogmas and doctrines of modern christianity ... pity about the errors of course , but well worth the study, if only to sharpen the perception in spotting the mistakes , christianity has sure made more than are even broached here ...and christianity has largely LOST the ability to reprove itself from scripture

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This then a noble effort that goes but part of the way and stumbles but a little in places...

Upvote 0