wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
The running program can be found at this link
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
and if you go to post #180, I talked more about it!

I hope that those of you who are participating in the thread are doing well making your healthy choices each day. We all just have to make it through the day--that's not too difficult, is it?

This morning, I got up and had my run--I'm on Week 5, Day 2 of the plan I've linked to. It was a great run (altho I'm really jogging) and I feel prepared for the first long run of 20 minutes at a time. Not bad! I hope that I will be able to work that in on Tuesday.

I've also started school again, so I have a nice walk twice a day, with steep steps coming and going which is giving me a nice daily workout. I'm also going to see about signing up for some sessions with a trainer at the student rec center to round out my exercise and start some strength training. Now that the semester has begun, I'll be able to run on a treadmill or the indoor track even if it is dark or rainy. Yay!

I'm still feeling great about making healthy decisions, and I'm looking forward to completing my running program. Only 4 more weeks to go!

How are the rest of you doing?

--tibac

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Thanks for the interest and encouragement, RTH!

Today I did my first long jog, no walking--and it was fantastic! I probably could have pushed myself much harder, but I was afraid that I woud not be able to run for the entire time if I did. Now I know that I *can* jog for 20 minutes (and probably much longer at the pace I was at today), and I will push myself to move faster in the coming weeks.

I start week 6 on Thursday! And just a few weeks ago, I was wheezing as I jogged for 1 minute intervals!

On the other hand, I have been drinking a lot more cokes recently. So I've got to get out of that habit. :)

Have a good week! My first classes at law school start tomorrow, so I'm pretty nervous. I've got to go review my reading assignments again!

--tibac

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Well, I have finished my last day of the program that included any walking--tomorrow, provided it is light enough at 6am, I will start my first day of all jogging, all the time.

Yesterday, I got to wear one of my skirts from last summer that had become too small. So that was a good feeling. I'm eating a lot less often, but I'm tending towards junk food more and more as stress relief! So, I think I will try to buy some more fruit that can keep me away from the tempting junk.

School is going well--it's very stressful, but mostly I've found it's more about personal discipline rather than incredibly difficult problems. I feel like I'm playing catch-up already, but that's just because the workload is so huge!

I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well--I'll try to check in when I can (although working on the personal discipline thing prevents me from doing that much!)

Have a great week and make good choices (as my mother always said!)

--tibac

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
The past two times I have jogged 25 minutes without any walking! It's great and each time I finish, I can't believe that I've done so well.

6am is too dark for jogging, but 6:45 is just right! Things are going well. Since I started posting here, I have lost 6 pounds--a pretty steady weight loss, especially since my diet has actually worsened since I began.

Hope that the rest of you are doing well also. I may start posting my posts on this topic in my journal here on this site.

--tibac

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beckijhn

Feb 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
✟629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Can I suggest something? I am lurking on this thread and would like to lose about 20 lbs. I need to lose at least 10 to be back in my comfort zone.

Could we start a new thread each week so we can keep up with the current stuff. (With school I'll miss a few days and then go through most of the pages to find the last post)

We could label it "Weight loss - 9/15" for the week of 9/15 and start each monday.

Just an idea.

As for me, I lost a few lbs on a diet at church, started school, couldn't go to the meetings or afford to buy seperate food from the kids, so I put it back on (from depression eating) and then a few. I will watch my eating starting today and have been working out everyday for the last week.

Upvote 0
O

OpenBook

Hi all

I have not posted a lot since the pizza thing.
I have had a few more bad moments.

But I have done really well in the last week. I have been able to get in some physical activity everyday, and I have making healthier choices when it comes to eating.

I kinda like the suggestiong of a new thread weekly,
Glad to hear that eveyone else is doing great.
OB

Upvote 0