Selectively Agreeable
Jun 24, 2003
Puget Sound Area
Visit site
✟15,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Weight loss.....

Who doesnt look to do this now and then.

I am hoping to loose about 20 pounds over the next year or two. Would you like to join me?

This is a difficult task. I want to do this without pills, or short cuts. I want this to be a lasting reduction, not some quick fix!

About three years ago, I dropped 52 pounds over two years. Now, Ive backslid 15 pounds and its GOT TO STOP!!!!

I hope to post a log of my activity and food choices. I would love to have you join me, if you wish, and I will try to help you with encouragement!

So, what do you say?

:help:

RTH

Jenndiggy

Jun 24, 2003
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,915.00
Faith
Christian
We did this on another forum I was on. Only thing was, there were people who would come in and make fun of those who were overweight.

We'd have weigh in once a week and while we wouldn't post our weight we would post things like "Down one pound this week, 17 total".

Really helped. I quit trying to lose weight after I left that board, but I need to start trying again as I'm overweight.

I did lose 24 pounds in about 4 months on the other board.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I would love to do this! I am on the second day of a program that should get me running about 3 miles, 3 days a week. I would love the encouragement to stay on track, and to encourage others.

I am not aiming for weight loss (so I say!), but just to become more fit and healthy, which will probably mean that I lose some weight. But I am not going to stress about numbers like weight and dress size!

My goal is to become more fit and healthy, and the things that I am working on are: sticking with my running program, drinking more water and less cokes/soda, getting more sleep, and eating more veggies. Which sounds like a lot, but I can make small steps towards this every day!

So, my goal for today is: drink water with dinner, eat two servings of veggies with dinner, and go to bed at 10 pm! Here is a link to the program I am trying: link. It seems to have a good forum for support of this program also.

I am starting a new chapter in my life, and I want it to be interesting and fulfilling! Taking steps to become more healthy will definitely help with that.

I don't think that anyone on this forum would tease or say hurtful things to overweight people here. The mods would put a stop to that, I'm sure.

What are your goals for the day/week?

Hope to hear what's going on in your life soon!

--tibac

Upvote 0

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
count me in!... I have some serious weight to shift. After quitting smoking a couple of years ago and then using steriod treatments to control my asthma...the weight has just piled on. I hope we really stick to this though, because some of us participated in something like this pre-crash, and people kind of lost interest in it after a while.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
haha oh to lose depression weight... i might get not depressed hehe. i really just want to get back to where i was before... and get a healthier lifestyle... i have no idea where to even start. i need lotsa help hehe

Upvote 0

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
grr my mouse decided to stop working and hitting tab a lot is no fun! so i know i need help with what I eat. i live alone for the first time. i really have no idea what to even buy at the grocery store. any sugestions on healthy things to get that arent too difficult to cook?

Upvote 0

RaptureTicketHolder

Selectively Agreeable
Jun 24, 2003
Puget Sound Area
Visit site
✟15,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Morning Greetings all!

Im very happy to see others feeling the same way as I am.

Jenn, wilde, ukok, Rain, Blanton, jes,

It is wonderful to meet you! Im Sherry. IM 33 and have two EXTREMELY active boys, who are 8 and 10.

My physical stats include: 5'9" tall and Im at 180 pounds right now. I wear a size 12, 14, or 16 depending on the type of clothing.

I want to become more comfortable. By that I mean, this "flab" is getting in the way and just feels uncomfortable. I could really care less about the size of clothing, I just want to get ride of this feeling.

If I lost 50 pounds at my height, Id be twiggy. 30 pounds down and I return to wedding weight. 20 pounds down and Im comfortable again with jiggling in all the right places!

So, what am I gonna do? EXERCISE! Drink water instead of soda, which was my staple, and stop eating the boys snack food. I was sick of making seperate meals and went to having pizza, mac and cheese, treats, and many of the prepared foods that has tons of fat and sodium. Well, Im cutting that stuff!

I hope to workout 4-5 times a week for at least 45 minutes. I do a matabolism workout - tricking the body into burning stuff when it doesnt need to. I will walk for 10 min then pick up a run for 10 min. But, the trick is to do this without a pattern because the body adjusts quickly.

So, yesterday, I mowed my huge yard to music in my earphones with a goofy looking pounce in my step. Im sure I entertained the neighbors.

Today, Im taking my boys to the zoo and we will walk and walk and walk.

My food tip for today is: removing ground beef totally, and putting in ground turkey. Its less expensive and on MAN does it cut the fat. During my last weight loss this helped me so much!

Im glad to have you guys posting with me, thank you for that! I look forward to hearing about your day.

Sending Kind Regards,

RTH aka Sherry

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Hello there Sherry.

I'm about 5'6 and i am considerably overweight for my frame. I have been advised to lose some weight by my consultant at the Chest Clinic that I attend. I need to lose about 60 lbs, possibly more. I have every intention of starting off the day as I mean to go on, but by the end of the day my willpower has crumpled and i'm feeling guilty all over again.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Well, for my goals yesterday:

I did drink water for dinner and afterwards, and ate my veggies (well, some of them). Didn't get to bed til late!

My goals for today are the same, so we'll see how this goes. And I have to get up and run tomorrow morning! I'm not sore anymore from the excercise Sunday and yesterday, though. Good signs!

Blanton911: Since summer is here, that means fresh veggies are available--and it's really easy to chop some up (squash, zucchini, bell peppers, onions, etc just pick one or two) and toss them in a pan sprayed with PAM and some salt/pepper/spice you like and cook for a couple of minutes. That's a good way to get some fresh veggies in your diet.

One of the best things to have, that all my roomates and I have loved, is a George Foreman Grill. It's a really easy way to grill meat--chicken or fish or whatever you like. Season whatever kind of meat you want, and pop it in the grill for a few minutes and it's done. Add some steamed or sauted veggies, and you've got dinner.

You can always make a good salad--it doesn't have to be just lettuce. Mmmm. . .chicken marinated in Italian salad dressing and then grilled, over mixed greens and crunchy veggies with oil and vinegar dressing.

I'll try to think of some other good things when I get home and can root around in my recipe box/magazines. :)

--tibac

Upvote 0

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
thanks a ton! i appreciate it. i will read over other suggestions you come up with and write a nice list out for myself and to go the store so i know what to get. i am excited already. i am lucky too because i love veggies. i'm a little scared of touching raw meat...it looks gross, is it that bad?

Upvote 0

Jenndiggy

Jun 24, 2003
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,915.00
Faith
Christian
Are we going to have a weekly weigh-in? What day?

I have a LOT to lose. I've always been overweight, and a few years back I had a medical condition that put me in a walker, so needless to say about all I did was stay in bed because the pain was too bad to do much of anything, so I gained even more weight then.

*hoping this isn't like the other board I was on where people came in and made fun of us* :(

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Blanton911: I didn't like touching raw meat at first either, but it doesn't bother me now. Much! haha. Just don't start out making meatloaf or something where you mix with your hands! haha. But I usually cook with chicken breasts, pork chops, and ground beef/turkey, sausage and I don't feel grossed out by that. I wash my hands a lot, and while it's also for safety reasons it makes me feel better too.

Jenndiggy: Why don't you pick a day for a weigh-in? I'm sure that others will follow your lead! I had a roommate once who was not allowed to excercise because of her medical condition. She was a very active person, so she really hated it--she tried to keep her weight down through her diet, but it was difficult.

I don't think that anyone will make fun of people on this thread. This thread is about being more healthy so we can get more out of life--there's nothing to make fun of there!

BTW, what part of West Virginia are you from? (If you don't mind me asking--I understand if you'd rather not say.) My father's family is from around Wheeling.

--tibac

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
what about if we give ourselves a week, starting from this saturday, so the following Saturday we each weigh ourselves and record here how much weight we have lost and offer each other support ?

The reason I suggest Saturday is a. To give other people time to get involved in this and b. so we can eat lots of nice meals without feeling guilty for another 2 days!

Anyway, what do you lot think about it ?

Upvote 0

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
oh yeah, meant to say to jenndiggy, I have never been aware of any rude remarks about weight issues on this board. I'm sure that the moderators would edit them out fairly swiftly and also if they were abusive they may even be banned from CF! So , don't worry, we are all in the same boat, with me in it it hust might sink but that's another matter LOL...

Upvote 0

RaptureTicketHolder

Selectively Agreeable
Jun 24, 2003
Puget Sound Area
Visit site
✟15,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Afternoon greetings!

Your ideas and focus sound wonderful. I wont be able to weigh in - I dont have a scale here at home!! I usually go to a nearby gym and use that scale on occasion. I can tell when the weight is coming or going, thanks to that comfort level.

But I will still be happy to post what I do, my thoughts and help for you, and where I go wrong.

As to folks making fun, Ill try to stay on top of that with the report button.

Not to worry, if you see something like that, use it as motivation of what not to be.

Today, I did get to the zoo and walked. Right now its late afternoon and Im tired - I could go to sleep. Why does that happen?

Im gonna make sloppy joe's tonight w/ground turkey and low sodium sauce. Im making the boys fries and I might have just a few, but not a full serving. I hope to make another veggie to go w/it. Im gonna have water to drink.

Whats a good alternative to fries?

I like the idea of having salads. They are so refreshing on a hot summer day.

If you have trouble eating veggies, Id suggest a veggie chilli. Its a wonderful option to get in those veggies and you can opt out of the meat.

Well, best wishes for the evening. Ill post again in the morning.

Upvote 0