Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Probably when the owner temporarily changed the name to foru.ms and there was a huge revolt and many left for good because they saw the writing on the wall. I didn't know the owner but many of us thought he was "selling out" and in it for the money. My concern over it all was that even though Christians were still the backbone of the forum over time without Christ in the name of the forum that Jesus would slowly vanish more and more from the center and in time this would be just another forum.
I'm not overly thrilled the way things have gone but it is still a place that the lost can find faith in Jesus and that does account for something. I don't see the Christian part of the forum growing much here as way too much of hte forum daily posts are politics which too often involve a lot of ugly rhetoric that when constantly reading it irritates any rational believer and wears them out and they leave. Since the fun is gone there is little alternative as areas the have people talking about God and lifting each other up are struggling to compete with those who want to tear down the world and eject Godly principles.
interesting to hear about the changes and I do remember the change of the name and a lot of people leaving. I kind of might have also lost interest since there was less of Jesus. It was a great place for fellowship. I was really far out in the country and didn't have as much physical fellowship and it was something I look forward to after a long day at work.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I also remember that and it was so much fun. I've only met two people in person and multiple people I've talked to outside the forum. I think I might remember an invite from Facebook but never really got into it.
I've not met anyone but have a few friends still in my thread that post some.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
interesting to hear about the changes and I do remember the change of the name and a lot of people leaving. I kind of might have also lost interest since there was less of Jesus. It was a great place for fellowship. I was really far out in the country and didn't have as much physical fellowship and it was something I look forward to after a long day at work.
This owner is the 4th that I've known and not the worst but I don't expect any major changes so far most of it has been about moderating all the debates here this place is fueled by controversy.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so many blessings per post that you could spend on stuff when they had the dolls and you had to pay for an avatar and could customize your font and text color and a lot of stuff

Ah, those were the days!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Ah, those were the days!
It was a blast, if blessings had some worth and they didn't nerf the post statistics I would host a thread and give blessings for each post in the thread like we used to.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm watching my church service online right now.
Me too! but I don't have internet from home, just limited data on my phone. So I have to go to my parents house on Sundays to watch church and do Bible study. Not too bad because I can still visit with them too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Me too! but I don't have internet from home, just limited data on my phone. So I have to go to my parents house on Sundays to watch church and do Bible study. Not too bad because I can still visit with them too.
My phone plan is 6Gb and I mostly use data on my wifi at home so I rarely use over a few hundred megs a month. What irritates me is I used to be able to watch on my computer but they changed streaming services and my old computer doesn't work now so I'm watching on my phone using data. I'm old school these smart phones are a little new to me only had one for a few years now.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You what have to refresh my memory and tell me what your username was? Sometimes I recognized it by the avatar. I wish I still had my avatar I loved it.

I think it was something like Searcher or SearcherKris. My avatar was like an outdoor wooded area with me holding a marshmallow on a stick.

Again, I feel like I'm a very different person now. It might be good to just get to know me at this point.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My phone plan is 6Gb and I mostly use data on my wifi at home so I rarely use over a few hundred megs a month. What irritates me is I used to be able to watch on my computer but they changed streaming services and my old computer doesn't work now so I'm watching on my phone using data. I'm old school these smart phones are a little new to me only had one for a few years now.
Yeah this is a little bit difficult to do through my smartphone. I have a lot top but as I said no internet at home.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it was something like Searcher or SearcherKris. My avatar was like an outdoor wooded area with me holding a marshmallow on a stick.

Again, I feel like I'm a very different person now. It might be good to just get to know me at this point.
yeah I think you're right. I hope you are a different person for the better :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah this is a little bit difficult to do through my smartphone. I have a lot top but as I said no internet at home.
I still haven't got the hand of typing on a smart phone I prefer my ancient 101 key keyboard on my computer.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian

I'm my evil twin :p

Upvote 0