Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi sampa ... I do believe I remember your name. Welcome back ... not many have stayed with this site over 10 years. Not that I know the numbers.
HI dayhiker!! I remember you also :) I'm sure some are married by now also, which changes where they can post.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Good to see you again sampa .. I get the feeling your in a pretty good place even with the virus around.

Yes, that is possible, but I can't think of anyone posting that they got married.
There was a situation in this room that happened about 5 yrs ago that hurt a bunch of people and so quite a few of the long term posters left then.
This room has gone thru cycles if people finding stuff to post about and new people coming in and then dying down to very few posts. Which I think leads to some people not returning to post.

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good to see you again sampa .. I get the feeling your in a pretty good place even with the virus around.

Yes, that is possible, but I can't think of anyone posting that they got married.
There was a situation in this room that happened about 5 yrs ago that hurt a bunch of people and so quite a few of the long term posters left then.
This room has gone thru cycles if people finding stuff to post about and new people coming in and then dying down to very few posts. Which I think leads to some people not returning to post.
great to hear from you and yes I am doing well. I have been doing half marathon training and increasing my mileage. Today I'm getting ready to do a 7.5 mile run.

people coming and going sounds like old times. I remember some of the drama back when I was on and disputes. Sometimes it was just one or two people who started it. just figured I'd check in to see how things were and glad to see that you are still here and maybe some others.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sampa .. I'm out walking as usual. Have done as much as 18 miles in a day to work on completing the Bay Circuit Trail in MA. Wish I was young enough to run long distance .. but my belly has got too big. I'm just days from retiring. Aug.3 :)

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sampa .. I'm out walking as usual. Have done as much as 18 miles in a day to work on completing the Bay Circuit Trail in MA. Wish I was young enough to run long distance .. but my belly has got too big. I'm just days from retiring. Aug.3 :)
That's incredible to do 18 miles! I actually overshot my goal and did 9.5 miles. stay healthy and take care of yourself. One of my running partners just told me, she's ten years younger, that she has to cancel out on a run with me and most this week. I'm amazed at how the Lord has blessed me so far but I'm also making sure to do stretches.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
WOW, I just looked at the number of posts you have Sophrosyne!
I got most of them when there was a vibrant Blessings Exchange back in 2007 to about 2010 before the second owner sold it off and they started ruining everything. We would have thread that you got so many blessings per post that you could spend on stuff when they had the dolls and you had to pay for an avatar and could customize your font and text color and a lot of stuff. I'm barely on the notable members chart on post count.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I remember some of those bells and whistles .. but never really got into using them much.
At the time I got into them I was just wanting something to keep my mind focused away from things... sort of an escape so to speak. I decide also maybe this would be a sort of ministry and it was when there was people to bless and such but all the "fun" was stripped from the forum code and most left for facebook. At one time we had over 100 people actively posting in a thread... it was wild as one thread was paying 100 blessings per post you made and that thread was preannounced and so many people were posting in that thread 1000 posts were GONE in about 16 minutes I believe it was a record that may not be repeated by "normal" means.
In those days about 85% of the posts were in the "fun" areas, blessings exchange and friendship court. Now it has flipped and probably 75% of the posts have been in politics probably about 5-10% at most in the "fun" areas.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think I started here in 2007/2008, but it was under a different username. I left for a long time, and when I came back I had a hard time logging back in, so I just created a new account with a new name.

I've changed a lot since then. I'm probably a very different person from who you knew then if you still remembered me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I've never understood why every so often someone will kill things that are working really well for some other idea they have, that usually isn't that good at all.
The reason they did it was because the code was custom made and as the forum software was upgraded the code was either less and less compatible or less secure (security holes) or so they say. They didn't want to pay the expense to fix the problems between the custom code and newer forum software versions.
I doubt there is huge profit from this forum so they aren't going to invest heavily in it to restore things more to like they were before.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I think I started here in 2007/2008, but it was under a different username. I left for a long time, and when I came back I had a hard time logging back in, so I just created a new account with a new name.

I've changed a lot since then. I'm probably a very different person from who you knew then if you still remembered me.
Probably when the owner temporarily changed the name to foru.ms and there was a huge revolt and many left for good because they saw the writing on the wall. I didn't know the owner but many of us thought he was "selling out" and in it for the money. My concern over it all was that even though Christians were still the backbone of the forum over time without Christ in the name of the forum that Jesus would slowly vanish more and more from the center and in time this would be just another forum.
I'm not overly thrilled the way things have gone but it is still a place that the lost can find faith in Jesus and that does account for something. I don't see the Christian part of the forum growing much here as way too much of hte forum daily posts are politics which too often involve a lot of ugly rhetoric that when constantly reading it irritates any rational believer and wears them out and they leave. Since the fun is gone there is little alternative as areas the have people talking about God and lifting each other up are struggling to compete with those who want to tear down the world and eject Godly principles.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got most of them when there was a vibrant Blessings Exchange back in 2007 to about 2010 before the second owner sold it off and they started ruining everything. We would have thread that you got so many blessings per post that you could spend on stuff when they had the dolls and you had to pay for an avatar and could customize your font and text color and a lot of stuff. I'm barely on the notable members chart on post count.
I remember that I so miss the Avatar that I had before. It was an Indian woman in a pink sari.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At the time I got into them I was just wanting something to keep my mind focused away from things... sort of an escape so to speak. I decide also maybe this would be a sort of ministry and it was when there was people to bless and such but all the "fun" was stripped from the forum code and most left for facebook. At one time we had over 100 people actively posting in a thread... it was wild as one thread was paying 100 blessings per post you made and that thread was preannounced and so many people were posting in that thread 1000 posts were GONE in about 16 minutes I believe it was a record that may not be repeated by "normal" means.
In those days about 85% of the posts were in the "fun" areas, blessings exchange and friendship court. Now it has flipped and probably 75% of the posts have been in politics probably about 5-10% at most in the "fun" areas.
I also remember that and it was so much fun. I've only met two people in person and multiple people I've talked to outside the forum. I think I might remember an invite from Facebook but never really got into it.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You what have to refresh my memory and tell me what your username was? Sometimes I recognized it by the avatar. I wish I still had my avatar I loved it.

Upvote 0