Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you :hug: My birthday is actually in 3 days, not 2, but I was born on Feb 29, so since that only comes every 4 years I put the 28th on here so it would do the birthday thing every year instead of every 4 years lol...so it's a day off. I'll really be 5 instead of 20^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HolySpiritWarrior

Learnin' HIS Ways...
Jan 10, 2004
Wheelwright, KY
✟871.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Man, we need to get the KY people talking again! Don't let this thread die after 3 pages lol Lets all get back together and have a nice fellowship! By the way do you guys know of any nice churches here in Eastern KY? I'm having a horrible time :S Love you guys! Come back!!!

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Life-long Louisvillian here.

(These don't all apply to me- but they do to enough people I know to prove the rule)
You know you're from Louisville...

• Your international airport has only one passenger flight that actually leaves the 48 contiguous states
  • The in-state sports rivalry is paid more attention to than the national championship
  • You live in an area that occasionally gets considerable snowfalls, floods, and tornadoes… but have no capacity to deal with any of the above
  • You pronounce the name of your city different than anyone else you’ve heard
  • You think the rest of the people in Kentucky sound like hicks
  • When you think “Kentucky” you don’t automatically think horse racing or fried chicken
  • You ask your doctor for an allergy cure and he tells you to move
  • You’ve shoveled 10+ inches of snow and worn shorts in the same week
  • When people ask what school you went to, they don’t mean Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, or Harvard; they mean St. X, Trinity, Male, Sacred Heart or Assumption
  • You know what the “Bambi Walk” is
  • You’ll always call Fourth Street Live the Galleria
  • Your last ten vacations were to Destin with at least five other families from Louisville who you already see on a weekly basis
  • You make an emergency run to Kroger for bread and milk at the first sighting of a snowflake
  • You’ve lived here for years, yet somehow you get hopelessly lost each time you attempt a shortcut through Cherokee Park
  • You’re convinced turn signals are useless options on a vehicle
  • You hold up traffic to let a motorist you don’t know into your lane
  • You give directions based on landmarks that no longer exist or street names that have changed, but your directions never confuse any of the other Louisvillians;
  • You have never been to the Derby, but wouldn’t miss the Oaks
  • You call in sick to attend the Oaks and spot your boss; who also called in sick; at the next betting window
  • You introduced your friends to mint juleps in college only until you found yourself the only one not passed out at the party
  • You think all the “REAL HICKS” live in New Albany
  • You think the only thing southern Indiana is good for is buying pumpkins
  • When introduced to another life long Louisvillian, you spend the first part of the conversation finding out how you are connected. it’s never as many as six degrees of separation-usually three will do
  • You think a pervert is someone who would rather have sex than watch basketball;
  • You’ve built a shrine to Rick Pitino in your basement
  • You can read about Rick Pitino in at least three different sections of your newspaper
  • You think the rest of the world knows what “Benedictine Spread” is
  • You think the rest of the world knows what a “Hot Brown” is
  • You have never eaten fish that wasn’t fried
  • You think the whole world puts spaghetti in chili
  • You want another bridge built over the Ohio River, just so long as it doesn’t cut through your neighborhood
  • You’ve experienced a salt storm after a two inch snowfall

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.