Virginia
✟7,682.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm in Burke, VA. (Fairfax County) I moved to Arlington a little over a year ago, then my husband and I moved to Burke after we got married. We're having a baby in a couple of months, so we wanted to find a place that was a little more family-friendly. :)

I moved here from Pittsburgh, PA. Still love my hometown and think PA is a pretty state, but I much prefer the weather here. Jobs are better here too. Although cost of living is just insanely high.

Now I'm just trying to settle in and make some friends. Hard to do as I'm getting older. I don't really enjoy most of the people I work with. They're all work oriented and I'm a lot more easy-going.

Still, I love it here. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey ya'll:wave:

Nuther honest to goodness Virginian here:thumbsup: located in NW part of the state. A beautiful place, but I enjoy going to NVA to the Simsthn. & the National zoo too. & love Va Beach...been trying to convince my sis they need to buy a beach house down there, but it hasn't worked yet.

*God bless you NVA people. That mixing bowl gives me the shivers:D & the traffic:eek: very stressful to this small town chick.
But traffic is getting worse here especially along the l-81corridor with the Universities, colleges & new transplants. I cant believe the growth here since i was a kid.

Reactions: Dr. Holly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Any of you been to Mount Rogers, the highest mountain in Virginia? I got as close to Grayson Highland State Park and saw the mountain at a distance but since it started sleeting when we started up the mountain trail, we didn't get that close to Mt. Rogers. It is over 5700 ft high at Mt. Rogers. Is the Blue Ridge in Virginia too like they talk about on "The Waltons"? I think that was in a different part of Virginia, wasn't it, where the show was about.

Upvote 0