• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anyone falling back down into the dark?

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@ChristianFromKazakhstan - thanks so much for your prayers. I'm sorry that I didn't see your earlier post. It's been a busy day. But I too, am a big fan of active listening! Believe it or not, I teach it to my biz clients to help them get along with their co-founders and staff. Very helpful tool.

I totally agree with you about God's love and provision. I've asked him to take my mental illness away and like Paul, he has informed me that his grace is sufficient. Not gonna lie. That's not the answer I want today. But it does help tremendously to know that others know what it's like.

BTW, Kazakhstan is on my bucket list. If I get there, I'll let you know ;)
God bless and protect you.

Yes, hard to accept... I have debilitating physical illnesses arghhhh and it's hard to accept. I ask why, like Paul and you, and ask for healing, but then comes a point for accepting... One of them does affect me neurologically, which impacts my performance at work... Honestly, I absolutely hate it... :) But the Lord has been good, giving new beginnings and reasons for joy. Glass half-full it is, even maybe half-empty too.

Welcome, welcome, if you ever visit our part of God's creation. It's a large and beautiful country - we have such a variety of landscapes and climates. Just make sure to visit beginning of July or end of August when it's not too hot but not freezing cold as in the winter. However, winter is great for skiing/snowboarding and stuff in the mountains. Don't get stuck in large cities, but go to country side if you can, try taking a train ride across the country with a few stopovers. Some unique places and the people are hospitable, and the food is unusual but fresh and good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0