• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anyone falling back down into the dark?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:18-39
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 19:1-10
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

And again they shouted:

“Hallelujah!
The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”

The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:

“Amen, Hallelujah!”

Then a voice came from the throne, saying:

“Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
both great and small!”

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there. First time poster here. My support system is bye-bye so I'm trying to fill the gap with gentle readers. For background, I have MDD, anxiety disorder and a little Bipolar 2 thrown in there for fun. I'm very blessed to have good health care, so I can be on meds.

Problem is that I'm starting to sink back into the black pit which is _the_ worst. Maybe my meds or self-talk are off or maybe Satan is stirring the pot, but for whatever reason, God is allowing depression to gain the upper hand. I've definitely been gifted with perseverance and am battle-hardened because of it, but today, I just feel bad.

And I don't have time for it. I need to be productive now. So, I'm doing all the stuff you're supposed to do when you feel depressed -- exercise, break down your projects into small bits, talk to people about it.

Does anyone else understand that feeling of sliding down into depression and trying to grab onto anything along the way to stop the descent?

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is pulling you into the dark? You mentioned some wrong theology in your childhood and also nowadays - guilt of not being as productive as you could have been without the mental illness... Anything else? Sorry if I missed some important problem in your posts.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm deep in the pit today and could use some prayer, if anyone has time. I am desperate for guidance and truth from God.

The loudest voice in my head says over and over that if I don't work harder, God won't provide for me. (Yes I know how that sounds!)

My husband and I are doing work we think God has given to us but sometimes, we don't bring in enough funds to cover everything. Then I get scared and the self-hatred kicks in because I'm not as strong or productive as I might be without mental illness. "If only I was healthier, more determined, or a better person, I could fix this problem...

I'm sure you see the fallacy in my logic. Anyway, this is one of my weak spots and the enemy knows it. Hence, the SOS for prayer.

For you, my brothers and sisters who also suffer, I pray that you would find God to be your shelter and your refuge.
Take it a day at a time, as the Lord teaches us. Its hard but helpful.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@com7fy8 & @Jeshu - thanks so much.
:cry: :praying:
Still praying dea!
please don't stop fighting let God's loving truth wipe out your attackers completely!
This way you be strong against satan when he attacks you next time and can proceed further get free from this crappy Babylon hurting you so badly within, for who you are and what you are. Don't believe/heed/accept any demand - only when you love to do - then it is okay!

:prayer:

Stand up and Walk.

Why hurt my dearest sad one?
Disquieted and anxious to be?
Please put you hope in The Son!
share Him all your inner misery.

He will certainly set you free.
Giving hidden manna to eat.
His Grace you may truly see.
No matter if you are badly beat.

So please beloved of The Lord
Take up your bed and walk
evil tongue slain by His Sword.
Walking free from that evil talk .

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm deep in the pit today and could use some prayer, if anyone has time. I am desperate for guidance and truth from God.

The loudest voice in my head says over and over that if I don't work harder, God won't provide for me. (Yes I know how that sounds!)

My husband and I are doing work we think God has given to us but sometimes, we don't bring in enough funds to cover everything. Then I get scared and the self-hatred kicks in because I'm not as strong or productive as I might be without mental illness. "If only I was healthier, more determined, or a better person, I could fix this problem...

I'm sure you see the fallacy in my logic. Anyway, this is one of my weak spots and the enemy knows it. Hence, the SOS for prayer.

For you, my brothers and sisters who also suffer, I pray that you would find God to be your shelter and your refuge.
Try to stay strong.

Remember God's promises to us. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

Don't try to make yourself do something. Lean upon Jesus Christ and through His strength, love and promises you will get through.

God doesn't want you to do it by yourself. He wants to walk with you through it. Lean on Him. What does God's Word say? We are weak, but He is strong. He takes our cares upon Himself, because He loves us. Cast your cares upon Him. It is too heavy to carry.

Praying for you dear heart.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love you in our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!! Been so touched. Praying for you!!!!!! Been there, bad stuff. All will be good!!!! God through Jesus gives us new grace and mercy, new beginning every morning, every moment... And His stores of it for us are endless. I am still amazed at that. Never too late, never too bad with Him!!!

Sorry if I asked nosy questions before - I like active listening, you know. I was hoping it might help. Whatever you've been going through, I support and uplift you in my heart and in my prayers. You're not alone in this fight!!!

God bless!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
California
✟15,168.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Peace sister, that is what I pray Jesus has given you in the mean time. Please let me know how you are going.

Brotherly greetings.

Hi @Jeshu - just wanted you to know that your prayer for peace was answered. The accusations are gone for the most part.

Now I'm dealing with the physical aspects of my disease. Trying to eat and sleep right, etc. I got some sad news today but it hasn't thrown me into complete despair so I know God is at work.

I'm grateful that he is breaking my idols, like self-sufficiency, because it is a cruel taskmaster. Can't say it doesn't hurt though. May God bless you for your compassion.
L

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 13, 2016
California
✟15,168.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I love you in our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!! Been so touched. Praying for you!!!!!! Been there, bad stuff. All will be good!!!! God through Jesus gives us new grace and mercy, new beginning every morning, every moment... And His stores of it for us are endless. I am still amazed at that. Never too late, never too bad with Him!!!

Sorry if I asked nosy questions before - I like active listening, you know. I was hoping it might help. Whatever you've been going through, I support and uplift you in my heart and in my prayers. You're not alone in this fight!!!

God bless!!!

@ChristianFromKazakhstan - thanks so much for your prayers. I'm sorry that I didn't see your earlier post. It's been a busy day. But I too, am a big fan of active listening! Believe it or not, I teach it to my biz clients to help them get along with their co-founders and staff. Very helpful tool.

I totally agree with you about God's love and provision. I've asked him to take my mental illness away and like Paul, he has informed me that his grace is sufficient. Not gonna lie. That's not the answer I want today. But it does help tremendously to know that others know what it's like.

BTW, Kazakhstan is on my bucket list. If I get there, I'll let you know ;)
God bless and protect you.

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
California
✟15,168.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you dear heart.
This is what happened when I read your quote above @ToBeLoved - :bigeye::cry::cry::cry:
I really needed the encouragement and the tears that followed. Cleans out the soul.

I pray that God pours that love back into your life in heaping measures!

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is what happened when I read your quote above @ToBeLoved - :bigeye::cry::cry::cry:
I really needed the encouragement and the tears that followed. Cleans out the soul.

I pray that God pours that love back into your life in heaping measures!
Thank you sweetie.

I've had a good cry and it makes one feel better.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
California
✟15,168.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
@ToBeLoved - I forgot to thank you for your kindness in regard to spiritual abuse the other day.

After years of counseling and healing, I've come to forgiveness and peace with my past. The people who abused me had been victims of spiritual abuse themselves and I've been so blessed to see some healing for them too.

But I can't shake it. Spiritual abuse seems sticky-er than other abuses I've overcome.

Anyway, thanks for understanding the struggle. :)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@ToBeLoved - I forgot to thank you for your kindness in regard to spiritual abuse the other day.

After years of counseling and healing, I've come to forgiveness and peace with my past. The people who abused me had been victims of spiritual abuse themselves and I've been so blessed to see some healing for them too.

But I can't shake it. Spiritual abuse seems sticky-er than other abuses I've overcome.

As someone who suffers from P.T.S.D I know so well what you mean sis. How do we let God's love cleanse us from the wrongs other people put into us through the wicked's evil ways, such as abuse?

I have battled my P.T.S.D memories, as well as severe anxiety, confusion, hate, anger and terrible rages all coming from my past assault and near murder. It has proven to be impossible to simply repent from such wrong dwelling within and so be set free like it works for personal sin. The horrific P.T.S.D attacks simply keep on going hurting and torturing me. Even though Jesus has given me the ability to survive that now and become stronger in my faith instead of the other way around. It is still horrible to have these wrongs dwelling in me, and I love to be freed from it. P.T.S.D causes all kind of horrible problems in my life to occur time and again with out me having any ability to stop that from happening, that much is for certain.

I wish someone knows how get free from this? I haven't met anyone! Every one says P.T.S.D is for life, though some relief may be had through medicine. However Scripture doesn't agree with the conclusion that abuse is forever. For God's Word tells us that His loving truth is going to set us completely free from evil. So there must be away somehow to undo the evil works of abuse, assault, attempted murder, war or natural disasters as far as I'm concerned, but I don't know the answer yet and I have searched for years and years to be freed from this affliction.

Let me know if you find some way that might work. Especially if you find the answer in Scripture. Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 13, 2016
California
✟15,168.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who suffers from P.T.S.D I know so well what you mean sis. How do we let God's love cleanse us from the wrongs other people put into us through the wicked's evil ways, such as abuse?

Oh man @Jeshu, my heart breaks for you. I am so, so sorry you're dealing with PTSD. That's a rough one.

My husband had it far worse than I ever did and it was gut-wrenching to see him struggle. But it sounds like you were severely traumatized and I'm so sad for you.

Dear bro, I hope you realize that you aren't doing anything wrong by reacting to stressors with fear and panic. That's just how bodies and minds react to traumatic events. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to be free of PTSD either. It's a heartbreaking reminder of a terrible event. Or worse, terrible events.

You are absolutely correct that there is hope for healing on this side of heaven because I've seen it happen. There is no silver bullet, and maybe you have to deal with PTSD the rest of your life, but I believe that with God's help, you can lessen its grip on you.

These are some random actions that I've seen other people use to feel better. I have no idea if any of these would be helpful for you, but I thought I would put them out there. In no particular order...

Moving away from the scene of the trauma. Finding a great doctor. Finding a great counselor. Attending a support group. Reading parts of scripture that talk about God's protection. Martial arts or self-defense classes. Of course, eating, exercise, etc. Seeing a sleep doctor. Taking anti-anxiety meds. Giving back to others with the same disability. Setting up boundaries to keep yourself feeling safe. Making a man cave. Putting together a prayer team. Nature. Creating something. Taking in the love and help that is offered (I say that to myself as well!). And more, I'm sure.

Please don't take the ideas above as a to-do list. The Great Physician is in charge of your healing and he knows what's best.

In the meantime, know that I suffer with you Jeshu.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I'm so glad to hear that you are coming to a place of peace and forgiveness.

Spiritual abuse is very hard to overcome, try not to think of it as you need to overcome this huge thing, try to see it as a personal walk that you are taking with Christ day by day. Building your relationship and becoming and staying in fellowship with Him.

He understands. Better than anyone because He see's your heart, your pain and how hard you try. So don't worry about spiritual abuse in the sense that God has these expectations of you overcoming it and then getting in relationship with Him. Take this opportunity to become in relationship with Him. He understands.

God is so much more loving and better than we could ever hope to be.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh man @Jeshu, my heart breaks for you. I am so, so sorry you're dealing with PTSD. That's a rough one.

My husband had it far worse than I ever did and it was gut-wrenching to see him struggle. But it sounds like you were severely traumatized and I'm so sad for you.

Dear bro, I hope you realize that you aren't doing anything wrong by reacting to stressors with fear and panic. That's just how bodies and minds react to traumatic events. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to be free of PTSD either. It's a heartbreaking reminder of a terrible event. Or worse, terrible events.

You are absolutely correct that there is hope for healing on this side of heaven because I've seen it happen. There is no silver bullet, and maybe you have to deal with PTSD the rest of your life, but I believe that with God's help, you can lessen its grip on you.

These are some random actions that I've seen other people use to feel better. I have no idea if any of these would be helpful for you, but I thought I would put them out there. In no particular order...

Moving away from the scene of the trauma. Finding a great doctor. Finding a great counselor. Attending a support group. Reading parts of scripture that talk about God's protection. Martial arts or self-defense classes. Of course, eating, exercise, etc. Seeing a sleep doctor. Taking anti-anxiety meds. Giving back to others with the same disability. Setting up boundaries to keep yourself feeling safe. Making a man cave. Putting together a prayer team. Nature. Creating something. Taking in the love and help that is offered (I say that to myself as well!). And more, I'm sure.

Please don't take the ideas above as a to-do list. The Great Physician is in charge of your healing and he knows what's best.

In the meantime, know that I suffer with you Jeshu.

Thank you for your love, support and suggestions. Unfortunately I have done everything you wrote down and very much more. Sure things have improved very much compared to how it used to be. However the horrible emotions and memories still happen randomly, even though Jesus is getting a lot of good out of these events, they are still attacks and hurt heaps. Especially when I'm unwell mentally and suffer from psychosis and hallucinations.

To be truthful the sufferings my tormentors brought me that fateful day was horrible for my attackers were very mean, cruel, low, dirty and murderously violent. Yet that event was absolutely nothing compared to what happened when my psychosis began to take of with that trauma I had hidden so deeply within me ever since that day, because I was so ashamed what had happened there. My trauma was amplified many times I reckon, and my P.T.S.D symptoms - which I didn't know about for many years, kicked off like never before after such events became normal in my daily life.

How I wish Jesus teach me how to get free from its grip on me. I can usually only sleep 2 hours at best before I'm awoken by the adrenalin pumping through my body. Adrenalin fatigue causing such insomnia to go on until I go psychotic, for I haven't been sleeping for so long that my mind literally cooks because of its hectic activities.

All this is happening even though God's love rests on me and I feel completely save in His care and He has washed away all my sins and taught me to love and forgive my attackers - so much so that I pray very often God never hold all the misery they brought upon me and my family against them, but saves them from the evil they brought into being.

Yet satan tortures me through their wrongs living in me, and I have had no power to escape such treatments coming from within and without, apart of finding God loving truth in my sufferings, and being very happy and blessed with Him in my life because of that.

I still wish I would be healed and evil forces would die in me. Thank you for praying with me about that. Very much appreciated.

Your brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your love, support and suggestions. Unfortunately I have done everything you wrote down and very much more. Sure things have improved very much compared to how it used to be. However the horrible emotions and memories still happen randomly, even though Jesus is getting a lot of good out of these events, they are still attacks and hurt heaps. Especially when I'm unwell mentally and suffer from psychosis and hallucinations.

To be truthful the sufferings my tormentors brought me that fateful day was horrible for my attackers were very mean, cruel, low, dirty and murderously violent. Yet that event was absolutely nothing compared to what happened when my psychosis began to take of with that trauma I had hidden so deeply within me ever since that day, because I was so ashamed what had happened there. My trauma was amplified many times I reckon, and my P.T.S.D symptoms - which I didn't know about for many years, kicked off like never before after such events became normal in my daily life.

How I wish Jesus teach me how to get free from its grip on me. I can usually only sleep 2 hours at best before I'm awoken by the adrenalin pumping through my body. Adrenalin fatigue causing such insomnia to go on until I go psychotic, for I haven't been sleeping for so long that my mind literally cooks because of its hectic activities.

All this is happening even though God's love rests on me and I feel completely save in His care and He has washed away all my sins and taught me to love and forgive my attackers - so much so that I pray very often God never hold all the misery they brought upon me and my family against them, but saves them from the evil they brought into being.

Yet satan tortures me through their wrongs living in me, and I have had no power to escape such treatments coming from within and without, apart of finding God loving truth in my sufferings, and being very happy and blessed with Him in my life because of that.

I still wish I would be healed and evil forces would die in me. Thank you for praying with me about that. Very much appreciated.

Your brother in Christ.
Jesus did not heal me of my acute depression and anxiety. I think it is part of His will that I help others or have a deep compassion for those suffering from mental illness.

No matter what we experience, God will bring it to good for His Kingdom. We have to know there is a reason for it and in it we can Glorify Him.

It's so very hard. It is, I still struggle on days. Wondering why. But then I know He is my best friend, the only one who cares and loves perfectly. I don't think I could live without Him anymore.

Stay strong my friend.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not heal me of my acute depression and anxiety. I think it is part of His will that I help others or have a deep compassion for those suffering from mental illness.

No matter what we experience, God will bring it to good for His Kingdom. We have to know there is a reason for it and in it we can Glorify Him.

It's so very hard. It is, I still struggle on days. Wondering why. But then I know He is my best friend, the only one who cares and loves perfectly. I don't think I could live without Him anymore.

Stay strong my friend.

Thank you. I know all will be well one day, in the mean time our Lord is gaining interest on our good life suffering bad life and praising and loving Him nevertheless.

Such is great to see, for His love has certainly overcome my bad life when I look at it from that perspective. However suffering wrong makes one acutely aware that other people suffer the wicked also on a daily basis, but many don't know the love of Christ.

This is my wish that all those who suffer the wicked will be healed at the same time by Jesus - so that I never have to feel bad not suffering anymore while others still have to for that seems so unfair. I want all suffering to stop and Jesus to Come and safe us from the wicked ruling this planet, not just be healed myself.

Much love

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0