Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sure, I got the first one when the platinum box release came out. I got Descent 2 as a video card bundle. My neighbor was addicted to Descent 2. That sure was a long time ago, still a playable came though. Now I pretty much stick to MS Flight Simulator 2002 with all the add-on aircraft models I can download from the net and add in. I’m looking to get MS Combat sim sometime as well.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bland? Yeah, but it was cutting edge for its time. The game is nearly a decade old and originally ran under DOS command. I think it was released sometime between Duke Nukem 3D and Quake 1. Descent is a true classic and was considered as a standard for the first person shooter genre for a time.

Upvote 0

ILJ

Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟162.00
I haven't played the 3rd. When I got it my old computer didn't have enough memory to handle it.Someone had given me the first many yrs ago, then I enjoyed so much I got the 2nd, when it came out.Take in mind when I was a kid, prong was supposed to be (atari) was a big deal.Now it is simply amazing how far things have come.

I thought the robots were pretty creative on Descent.Especially the Red ones w/the homing missiles.The 2nd had new features like turbo, various weapons.
I don't play many games nowadays, accept EA sports NCAA football, Madden etc...
Thanks for the input guys.

Peace in Him
ILJ

Upvote 0
Wow. brings back alot of memories. Descent was really one of the first 3d games played over the Internet. This was back before MIRC where you had to have a shell Unix account (remember where we had to run C scripts =)) You would basically have to run a C program on the server called IHHD. Basically we would meet in #Descent on Efnet (Chucky, Baron, Xr, Scoundrel, Ledzep, etc) then when we were ready to play we would run a script via command within the IRC script (telnet) then go into the game. It was one of the first games which more then 2 people could play at a time!

Anyway, if any of you are from those days I'm sure you will remember the undeafeted PUN|SHR =]. Scoundrel gave me a few run ins.

IHHD, MILK (didnt every really pan out), then KALI. Kali still exists I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ILJ said:
Peace all,
Has anyone ever played the Descent games? I played the first 2.Pretty cool flight simulation etc...

In Him
ILJ
I've played 1, 2 and 3. I thought they were pretty boring, but I liked 3 the best. Graphics were really good for the time.

Upvote 0

Mavrick JR

Sep 8, 2003
Here
✟339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ok, since there's a thing on Descent here, I got a question for those who know how to answer it.

I have D-2, I play it sometimes when I think I'm no good at the new games.

I have a Mad Catz controler (joystick like the Wingman type with all the buttons and the track ball) but I can't get it to work with D-2, even when I try to customize it. The game doesn't reconize all the buttons. Anyone know how I can get it to work? I've gotten really good at it wiht the keyboard, but I know I could kick the Boss Bot's meatal butt on level 24 if I could get the Madcatz to work. And that blasted thief! I take him out of the way first thing.

So, what I need is :help:
JR

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums