• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How I was set free from a heavy metal drug life.

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
50+ years free. Jesus touched my heart in the middle of a band session. I asked him in my life and refused the drugs. That caused the band to question why. We were also occult oriented. Demons literally played through us. I said to them out loud I am coming to Jesus tonight (responding to him). I was already good friends with Satan. My life to Jesus would only survive if I sell out to Jesus. No games or playing church. That is why Jesus lives with me daily even through the difficulties and changes in life. Jesus became my idol and I copy him in the way my life is who I am. God will not allow us to walk 2 sides of one fence. The Holy Spirit is a absolute must. I live as a holy man of God.

Here is a key to a joyful victorious life. Esp. if suicidal or depressed. Isaiah 61:1-3 look at v.3 find there oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise to remove heaviness--my trans. I have been playing praise and worship for over 50+ years. I have my own studio and office. My other joy is non stop bible reading. I let God show me the scriptures and through prayer learn more than many preachers thrown together. see Jn. 14:26. As we put self to death Gal.2:20 we live fully for him. self is the real problem and we have been given the free will of choice. Even in deliverance the person says I want to be free. The lead singer in past for Queen got deliverance in his home testimony on you tube.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord works in mysterious ways.are you obedient to the Lord? Lots of musicians go to churches. Are you untouchable. Don’t play church but be fed. Have you heard of Greg Laurie? Try him on YouTube.

I remember queen, another miracle. Quite a few music stars saved. A breed apart. Yeah that pure Jesus, no opinions, no static. God bless you in all your ways.

Upvote 0

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Lord works in mysterious ways.are you obedient to the Lord? Lots of musicians go to churches. Are you untouchable. Don’t play church but be fed. Have you heard of Greg Laurie? Try him on YouTube.

I remember queen, another miracle. Quite a few music stars saved. A breed apart. Yeah that pure Jesus, no opinions, no static. God bless you in all your ways.
I am a preacher and only play holiness music. Worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth is my motto. I appreciate you.

Upvote 0

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I did some homework on Greg L. I was very disturbed when I saw him sitting with his (friend) Alice Cooper. What I saw him say to Alice was, That is good that you are using the gift God has given you. He uses Alice in different situations. Then a clip was shown of Alice and band playing rock and performing all sorts of Abominable occult Satanic performances. Deuteronomy 18: reveals occult is a abomination. chopping off ones head is just death. we have eternal life. I still believe that you had good intentions for your post. I am a conservative praise and worship leader and not associated with todays music groups. partly because they are mixing with other religions mixed with Christian lyrics. God bless.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I was into metal myself. Alice Cooper was one of the first rockers I heard back in the early 70s. His music was "light" compared to what I got into within a few years: Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and on and on.
I got saved in the 80s but it seems my flesh's desire for hard metal music, later, Goth, Grunge, Emo, etc would bring me to compromise. The music would lead to drinking, or my flesh's desire for a drink after some months or even years sober would tempt me to drink. If I drank, after I got several in me, I wanted to party to music.

I now know I cannot drink, nor listen to rock or metal, period. Besides, Ezekiel 28:13 says "The workmanship of thy tabrets, and thy pipes was prepared in thee the day that thou wast created," in describing Satan, the "anointed cherub that covereth." This scripture shows satan CAN produce his own music, his own beat, his own style. A lot of people used to tell me it's only the words, the beats are neutral. They are NOT!

Take for example the music played at Raves, trap music. It's almost all instrumental. No words. And when there are words they're all about partying, drugs, etc. And its beat can whip people into a frenzy.

I find it ironic that on October 7th when Hamas attacked Israel one of the first places they invaded was a huge Rave party. This was also on a Sabbath, and the last day of Feast of Tabernacles. What a mockery to our mighty God! Some said they were actually "celebrating" last day of Feast of Tabernacles. Wow. Not how the Bible says to celebrate!

Anyways, glad you are free. Music has an effect on the soul, and it's repetitiveness can alter the mind, for good or for evil. We have 150 Psalms, many scriptural songs, and plenty of holy songs to sing and play.

Upvote 0