Anyone else wanna live in a cave?

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you SEEN some of these caves, MoneyGuy?

They're awesome.

And they don't ever need AIR CONDITIONING.
No electricity, no wifi ——> no thanks, except for a vacation. Haha, no wifi autocorrected to no wife, so there is that, too.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No electricity, no wifi ——> no thanks, except for a vacation. Haha, no wifi autocorrected to no wife, so there is that, too.

Well there's always an innovative way of building a generator and also there's solar power, isn't it?

You gotta admit, on those hot and HUMID days, a cave sounds like the perfect cure for it. :D

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How deep does my shelter need to be?

You must have a minimum of 36 inches of earth between you and the surface if you wish to shield yourself from the radiation. If you wish to protect yourself from the climate, you need to be at least 6 feet under the surface to control the climate in the summer. If you are in the northern USA or Canada, you need to be at least 10 feet under the surface to protect the temperature in the shelter from the freezing ground, unless the shelter is underneath the house.

How deep do I need to be to be protected from 155mm artillery?

At least 2 meters under the earth is the NATO requirement for incoming artillery rounds.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How deep does my shelter need to be?

You must have a minimum of 36 inches of earth between you and the surface if you wish to shield yourself from the radiation. If you wish to protect yourself from the climate, you need to be at least 6 feet under the surface to control the climate in the summer. If you are in the northern USA or Canada, you need to be at least 10 feet under the surface to protect the temperature in the shelter from the freezing ground, unless the shelter is underneath the house.

How deep do I need to be to be protected from 155mm artillery?

At least 2 meters under the earth is the NATO requirement for incoming artillery rounds.
Pray it does not come to that. I pray for our children and grand children. I plead to God not to let our children suffer because of our generation's sins. Bring the pagan temple down.. but have mercy on the innocent and those ignorant of what they were doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To All,
I'm not sure why anyone would want to live in a "cave". I would think there are much better solutions.
And it appears we have 2 1/2 to 3 years to bring them into existence!
With Best Regards,
DaDad
Are we there yet? :)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always wanted to live in a cave.
Would not interest me any. It would be like living in a basement.

There is a little cave here big enough for two people to sleep in. You can tell where the indians use to build a little fire and sleep in there. Maybe when they were traveling through the area.

Upvote 0

SusaninBC

Nov 6, 2019
British Columbia
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is my dream, actually. Underground dwellings really appeal to me. Consistent temperature year round, increased safety, decreased visibility from the air. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Upvote 0