alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a Gideon New Testament with John 3:16 in 30 languages. Can anybody read Arabic and can tell me what God's name is in Arabic in John 3:16? It is not Allah. I don't know how to paste the verse in Arabic into this thread

Attachments

• Arabic.jpg
    Arabic.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,907

Faris

Aug 16, 2006
everywhere and nowhere
✟7,724.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have a Gideon New Testament with John 3:16 in 30 languages. Can anybody read Arabic and can tell me what God's name is in Arabic in John 3:16? It is not Allah. I don't know how to paste the verse in Arabic into this thread

Yes it's. You won't find any other word used in the Bible for God other than Allah. Though there are words used for god/deity such as elah and rab.
It is a semitic word used by all semitic speakers whether they're Muslims, Christians, Jews, Pagans...or whoever.
In Aramaic, for instance, god is elah (Alaha for God)
In Arabic elah is god (Allah for God means 'the god').
In Hebrew, it's eloh (the plural Elohim is used for God)
Some etymologists say these cognate forms were derived from the ancient root 'El' which means god, then Eli came to refer to God (particular god).
I am not sure whether elah, eloh came from el but it sounds plausible.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I hope the following helps:

[John 3:16 - English Bible - King James Version]

"For God so loved the world,
that . . . "

[John 3:16 - Arabic transliteration]

"Li-annhu haakadha ahabba
Allahu al-'Aalama hataa badhala . . . "

abib-02.jpg

[John 3:16 - Arabic Bible]

For further information take a look at John 3:16 as translated in Maltese (A European language heavily influenced by Arabic)

Maltese MLS Ghaliex Alla hecca hab id dinia illi tâ l’Iben tighu unigenitu, sabiex collmin jemmen bih ma jintilifx, izda icollu il haja ta dejem. John 3:16

You might also note the Turkish translation of the verse:

Turkish TRK Çünkü Allah dünyayı öyle sevdi ki, biricik oloğımış olan Oğlu'nu verdi; öyle ki, O'na ıman eden herkes mahvolmasın, ama sonsuz hayatı olsun. John 3:16

Kiwimac

Last edited:
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I went to the European Bible Server, chose Arabic and made copy&paste of John 3.16:

لأَنَّهُ هكَذَا أَحَبَّ اللهُ الْعَالَمَ حَتَّى بَذَلَ ابْنَهُ الْوَحِيدَ، لِكَيْ لاَ يَهْلِكَ كُلُّ مَنْ يُؤْمِنُ بِهِ، بَلْ تَكُونُ لَهُ الْحَيَاةُ الأَبَدِيَّةُ

The highlighted word is Allah, compare the Wiki page on that subject (word).

EDIT: You can see this word اللهُ in your picture, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I still don't believe that the Moslem god Allah is the same god as the christian and Jews' God. Is ahabba mean loved in Arabic? I think the Hebrew word for love is ahab.
Well, in spite of that you used the same word "god" for the Muslim and the Christian deity. ;)

There are languages where there is a word for God that is different from "Allah", e.g. English or Farsi ("Persian"). But there are languages where there is no such term, and this is especially true of Arabic.

Whether you were a pagan polytheist (with Allah as supreme god and his wife Allat), a philosophical monotheist (as the "Hanifs" apparently were), or an Arabic Jew - they all used the word Allah for the most high resp. only God they worshiped. So did Muhammad.

Muhammad claimed to ba a messenger (apostle, often translated as "prophet", but this would be nabi, not rasul) of the God of the Jews and Christians, and therefore the person speaking in the Qor'an (which is basically all first person speech) has some efforts to appear as Him, like claiming to have sent Jesus and created the earth.

For any believer in the truth of the Bible, it is clear that this person is not the true God we know from holy Scripture. But if you speak about the belief of Muslims: do they believe in the Spirit speaking in the Qor'an, or in the God this Spirits claims to be (which causes them to have serious misconception about the God they believe in)? The answer to this questions may be not the same for all Muslims ...

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Some etymologists say these cognate forms were derived from the ancient root 'El' which means god, then Eli came to refer to God (particular god).
I am not sure whether elah, eloh came from el but it sounds plausible.
'eloh is to 'el as yahwe is to yah - in written Hebrew, the difference is the same. All four forms occur in the OT.

Upvote 0

ARWENN

Jun 19, 2011
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

People are good at gulping letters without making any sense. Hardly any one knows the difference between holy spirit, Holy Spirit and Holy ghost?

Same way hardly any one knows the origin of the word Allah? It is from Ilah, the Tribal Fathers to Al-ilah, our The Spiritual Father as the Samaritan Man who picked up the wounded person knew. That is why Christ Jesus came among his own spiritually sick people and they killed Him and His Workers, the Apostles. Watch my Youtube Videos outlining the killing and changing of the Bible.
Hi.Do u believe that , there are similarities between Christianity and Sikhism,like religion? What would it be in your opinion? Thanks.Be bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums