Any scriptural evidence that evangelized Gentiles are to keep the Sabbath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually He RESTORED the original so what Yah joins together let no man separate...including Jews and Greeks He joined into a citizen of Israel...you know Israel at the time of Sinai was already full of those NOT of Jacob but ALSO receiving the living oracles from their Head...Husband...and saying "I DO"
Jesus said that what Moses wrote was no longer valid. Moses permitted divorce but Jesus commanded that divorce is not permitted, except for immorality.

Not the ten commandments, not Moses, it is all about the commandments that Jesus gave us.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that what Moses wrote was no longer valid. Moses permitted divorce but Jesus commanded that divorce is not permitted, except for immorality. Not the ten commandments, not Moses, it is all about the commandments that Jesus gave us.

You would have to disagree with JESUS and all the Apostles in the new testament to claim that God's 10 commandments are abolished. That is simply not biblical. Why? God's Word says so that's why and it seems it disagrees with you. Jesus did not come to abolish God's law he came to magnify it and make it honorable *Isaiah 42:21.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You would have to disagree with JESUS and all the Apostles in the new testament do claim that God's 10 commandments are abolished. That is simply not biblical. Why? God's Word says so thats why...
I never said it was abolished. The law is not applicable to Gentiles. Gentiles were never under the law. Jesus fulfilled the ten commandments just like Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial law.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

That's the way it is, whether you can accept the facts or not.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks "You shall not steal" was written in the last post 2x. It was not intentional as God is my judge not you and it has been corrected. The rest of your post is irrelevant. The upgrades in Matthew 5 only magnifies what is written in God's 10 commandment, it does not make them less relevant.
Your saying that you can divorce for any reason now, because Jesus gave no commandment against divorce?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks "You shall not steal" was written in the last post 2x. It was not intentional as God is my judge not you and it has been corrected. The rest of your post is irrelevant. The upgrades in Matthew 5 only magnifies what is written in God's 10 commandment, it does not make them less relevant.
Is this a commandment?

Matthew 5:42
Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

That's not in the ten words. Must be a throw away line?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I never said it was abolished. The law is not applicable to Gentiles. Gentiles were never under the law. Jesus fulfilled the ten commandments just like Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial law.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

That's the way it is, whether you can accept the facts or not.

I am sorry, dear friend but the bible does not teach anywhere, that Gentiles will enter into God's kingdom. If you mean Gentile believers then yes! They are grafted into God's ISRAEL *Romans 11:13-27 but there is now no difference between Gentile believers and Jewish believers. All believers are now one in Christ *Romans 2:28-29; Colossians 3:11; Ephesians 2:11-13; Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 10:11-13. God's Word does not teach anywhere that Christians are now free to break anyone of God's 10 commandments. Those who continue to do so reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31. Those who knowingly break anyone of God's 10 commandments according to the scriptures *James 2:10-11 have not seen him and neither do they know him *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6, and need to be born again because unless we are born again we cannot see the kingdom of Heaven *John 3:3-7. Those who are born of God do not practice sin according to the scriptures *1 John 3:6-9. No one is "under the law" according to the scriptures unless they stand before God guilty of breaking the law *Romans 3:19-20; James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4. Those who are still in their sins have not seen him and neither do they know him according to the scriptures and are lying if they tell you otherwise *1 John 2:3-4.

May God bless you as you receive his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is this a commandment?

Matthew 5:42
Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

That's not in the ten words. Must be a throw away line?

What do you think James 4:17 and Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 mean? The purpose of God's 10 commandments has the same role they always have. In the new covenant God's 10 commandments give us the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and if we knowingly break anyone of them we stand "under the law" guilty before God of breaking it *Romans 3:19; James 2:10-11. No words of God are throw away lines. They are God's Word and we are to believe and follow them *John 10:26-27 because we love him who calls us in love to love another *1 John 4:7-9; 2 John 1:6. No one loves God by breaking His commandments. *John 14:15 and those who claim they know God and break his commandments according to the scriptures are lying and the truth is not in them *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The commandment Jesus gave concerns DIVORCE, that commandment is not against committing adultery. Read the text.

Matthew 19:3-9

” They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?” He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 19:3-9

” They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?” He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”
Jesus already spoke about adultery and gave His commandment. Then later Jesus spoke about the subject of divorce. Two separate commandments.

Matthew 5:27-28
You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’, but I say to you that, everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5:31-32
It was said, ‘Whoever sends his wife away, let him give her a certificate of divorce’; but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery.

Two very separate subjects that Jesus discussed.

While your at it; the commandment below is not listed in the ten words.

Matthew 5:33-34
Again, you have heard that the ancients were told, ‘You shall not make false vows, but shall fulfill your vows to the Lord.’ But I say to you, make no vow at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You will either support what you claimed about oral or not. I suspect you cannot support your theology with scripture.

I just did...Torah existed before Sinai. Do you think it was made up at Sinai LOL?!? Genesis 26:5 is just 1 example...

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would have to disagree with JESUS and all the Apostles in the new testament to claim that God's 10 commandments are abolished. That is simply not biblical. Why? God's Word says so that's why and it seems it disagrees with you. Jesus did not come to abolish God's law he came to magnify it and make it honorable *Isaiah 42:21.
Hello LGW,
Jesus fulfilled both law and Prophets...So let me ask you do you know what the law and Prophets were testifying?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just did...Torah existed before Sinai. Do you think it was made up at Sinai LOL?!? Genesis 26:5 is just 1 example...
The Torah (Law) was added to scriptures at the time of Moses Galatians 3:17...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW,
Jesus fulfilled both law and Prophets...So let me ask you do you know what the law and Prophets were testifying?
Hello pasifika,

Jesus did not fulfill the law so we are now free to break it. God's law (10 commandments) according to the scriptures testifies and gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken and what righteousness is when obeyed *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. The Mosiac "shadow laws" for remission of sin point to JESUS who is our sacrifice for sin *John 1:29; 36; Hebrews 7:19-28; Hebrews 9:25-28; Hebrews 10:1-14. Those who continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures when they have been given a knowledge of the truth of God's Word do not enter into God's kingdom unless they repent and return to God because they reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not fulfill the law so we are now free to break it. God's law (10 commandments) according to the scriptures testifies and gives us a knowledge of what sin is and righteousness *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. The Mosiac "shadow laws" for remission of sin point to JESUS who is our sacrifice for sin *John 1:29; 36; Hebrews 7:19-28; Hebrews 9:25-28; Hebrews 10:1-14
Okay, so you against what Jesus said He came to fulfilled?
Matthew 5:17..Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets, I have Not come to abolish them BUT TO FULFILL THEM...

Do you know what needed to fulfilled in which both the law and Prophets testify?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so you against what Jesus said He came to fulfilled?
Matthew 5:17..Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets, I have Not come to abolish them BUT TO FULFILL THEM...

Do you know what needed to fulfilled in which both the law and Prophets testify?

No, read the scripture your quoting (highlighted in your post to help you). Jesus did not come to abolish the law or the prophets he came to fulfill them. JESUS fulfilling the law and the prophets is not abolishing them and is not a license for us to break them (see previous posts scriptures for why).

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,058.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think all of Gods laws should be taken literally ... I mean after all He did write them down on tablets of stone with His own finger.
No, God did not write all commands with his finger. The command to avoid mixed textile cloth, or the command to love your neighbor were not written with God's finger. Only ten (or nine, depending how you count) were.

I did not speak about a commandment taken literally, Or is Isaiah 56:6-7 a commandment in your view?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, read the scripture your quoting (highlighted in your post to help you). Jesus did not come to abolish the law or the prophets he came to fulfill them. JESUS fulfilling the law and the prophets is not abolishing them and is not a license for us to break them (see previous posts scriptures for why).
So what is to fulfill in the law or the Prophets? That's the question...if you can answer this question then i will know you know something about scripture...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.