Any scriptural evidence that evangelized Gentiles are to keep the Sabbath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus wrote about an eye for an eye that is not found in the Ten. Seems to me like it didn't matter where the law was found. Matt5:
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was NOT written "thou shalt not" look up how Young's translation has it at: "thou dost not"...
Is Young's translation more accurate or are you just being obstinate?

closer to the original DESCRIPTION of a people which are His...MADE IN HIS IMAGE

and WHY dost we STILL not even now? Because we love Him and what He did for us...
All your accusations you made in post#551 seem to me as judging my character just because I don't see eye to eye with your beliefs. What you write is very sad indeed. We are this side of Heaven and do make mistakes. There has to be an underlying reason you write as you do and I take that into consideration.

I love as my Savior has asked me and I always try to forgive those who are rude and unwilling to consider what I believe and write. It is so easy to make negative remarks rather than have a profitable debate. Think about it friend.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is love and He wrote them... :)
Sorry Yeshua, you certainly have not made a case. The ten do not tell us to love. the word love is void from the commands. What we do with all of the commands tells the story of love. The nine commands as to how we are to treat our God and our fellow man is just the iceberg of the wrongs we can do. The greatest of all commands is the command to love. That is one that is not found in the ten. Love was the manna that kept them healthy and the clouds to keep them from scorching in the sun and for all mankind it is Jesus.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not speak about the discussion between Pharisees and Sadducees, In said it was chapter 22, or to be precise now: Acts 22:17-23. Though the name of Jesus is not mentioned there, text and context suggest the "Lord" in V.19 is not just God, but Jesus.
chapter 23 is when a riot broke out between the Sadducees and Pharisees regarding resurrection at all...NOT the issue of HOW HE WAS KILLED...chapter 22 also does NOT bring THAT up but there Paul DOES bring up Stephen who they killed for accusing them of KILLING the guy not named “Jesus” but a Hebrew name...and yes you are correct they are ALSO upset He sent Paul out to the dirty goyim...

You seem not to understand what I have written. Paul made no charge in his speech in Acts 22 to the people of Jerusalem. A generation later it was inappropriate to tell them they were guilty of the crucifixion of Jesus. So, this was my point, it is definitely inappropriate 40 generations later to do so.
Paul did remind them of Stephen who they ALSO killed for accusing them of killing Him...he had seen what they did to poor Stephen so I understand why he would not directly bring it up...although Paul had written the Thessalonians that Jews did...1 Thess 2:14-16 written in 52AD being 20 years after witnessing Stephen’s death for doing so...

It is Paul who says the law is for Israel, Rm 9:4; Mose says the same, e.g. Deut 4:5-8; 18:14.
right the same Israel He handed His living oracles to at Sinai...the same Israel full of those NOT of Jacob as the strangers within thy gates of the Sabbath commandment specifies...is WHY Paul writes Jews and Greeks are NOT in Him but a joined citizen of THIS Israel keeping STILL His living oracles...Paul heard Stephen remember? Acts 7:38...IS WHY 1 Cor 10:4 native and foreigner THE SAME...IS WHY 1 Cor 12:13 into ONE SPIRIT...the SAME...no distinction...as Peter affirmed...

As one group eating bacon and one NOT would be distinguished right?

The Messiah is no law,
sure He is...just like the torah is described the way the truth and the light SO IS HE...and is the DEMONSTRATION of it...the GROOM representing to His put away wife the TERMS to their “I DO”

and He is not special to Israel.
sure He is...the Hope and promise the Seed...out of Her the Blessing to ALL as His house of prayer is for ALL...you are silly to miss that Israel was ALWAYS and ONLY...SPIRITUAL...

NEVER by blood as the egg donated for Abraham’s seed was by DIVINE INTERVENTION just as the one born of flesh was Jacob but was REBORN Israel by DIVINE INTERVENTION...nothing by human blood or merit...

What was the nature of this wall? The one who did not get circumcised and kept all laws of Mose had no entrance to God.
you blind yourself rejecting it was ONE LAW for native AND foreigner the SAME...strangers within thy gates REMEMBER?

Do you really mean this is my position? Re-erecting the wall is a figure for imposing the law on Gentiles (Gal 2:18, see 2:11ff for the context). Who is the one who wants Gentiles to keep the law and thus erects a wall? Certainly no me.
lol...Acts 15 be our guide which shows circumcision was NEVER expected of gentiles to fellowship or be saved...and yet 3 dietary laws were to keep clean meats clean...as were all 10...as Moses was taught on every Sabbath as James concluded...which of course included festivals...

so there ya go...native and foreigner THE SAME is WHY in Him with a Hebrew name there is NO Jew or Greek but a citizen of Israel with a sabbatismos...that Hebrew Greek linguistic mashup for the same spiritual joining of His People...

Well, I always said that Jesus did not change the law, he did not even change it in that is was stretched to other people that Israel.
HalleluYah...and just like 1 century Jews had to be reminded that the OT was FOR WHOSOEVER...so too must the Bride today by reminded of what she “I DO!”...as We are bought by a Husband to follow Him as He lived...and it is NOT burdensome because we LOVE Him...

Do you mean the alleged crimes in World War I? The paying for them was interrupted for 1932 (as a part of the Hoover moratorium), and before this year ended the paying was cancelled altogether. It is a Nazi myth hat Hitler stopped paying for them, as I have said, the latest payments were in 1931.

Or do you want to say that the Holocaust crimes and other atrocities are only alleged, and no real crimes?
will pass on all this as this is getting long enough...

As to the core of your question: Giving money as a compensation (giving a rent to the widow of a victim, or to people forced to work without payment) is quite different from saying "You, Helmut, killed Jews", which would be the parallel to what you have said.
Not only are ALL Germans at that time accused but also at this time of guilt...and most Germans accept it (only more recently has this been changed gradually...but still latent as I have even heard accepting mass immigration of muslims is to show penance for German history...ok leaving it alone but point made)

as do MOST Christians accept they killed Him too...

This is an oversimplification. The Nazis had sympathizers among Germans abroad (e.g. in south-west Africa, which is now Namibia, this lasted even after 1945). The ones who fled from Nazi Germany fought against the Nazis (usually not in the military, for they were looked on with suspicion). As to other Germans, things are more complicated as you say.
yes complicated but lessons still to learn...elsewhere on other threads...

I do not deny that, but this is another matter than blaming Jews of out time for the crucifixion.
Jews still today would do so again...BECAUSE Jews still believe their own FABLE that He changed the customs Moses delivered...this FALSE WITNESS was central to Christian teaching and remains the wall rebuilt between Jew and goyim...the very middle wall of separation He tore down to make us family...brothers...of His

There are several postings here that explain why this conclusion is wrong.
which I reject...

He knew “not one stone will be left on another” would take longer than ONE DAY...and certainly not on a Sabbath day when the gates of the city were closed...

“Tiberius! we came all this way from Rome and the gates are locked today?”

“Yes Titus...Jews lock them on Sabbaths to keep the Christians inside”

“Ok...then we’ll come back tomorrow when they reopen”

LOL

Of course He expected winters and Sabbaths to continue into the future...He made it that way...

You are certainly not the one I would confess my sins to.

And "follow me" is always coupled with a reference to His death ("take up your cross" or the like). So following Hiom means readiness o suffer or even die for Him. This may even be the opposite of keeping the law (Gal 5:11; 6:12).
ok you lost me there...I follow Him...even to be hated by the world and its Jews...as He was first...not ironic the Christians are the first to reject what I offer...

No, because ofEph 5:5.
that kingdom of Christ and Yah is the SAME kingdom and has a Law unchanged...the god you worship has changeable laws...has two brides one who do vs those who do not...as if the Son had changed the customs Moses delivered...

No, because of 1.John 5:21.
you imagine that Son indeed came to abolish the law despite teaching “think NOT that”

and counterfeit a Paul having him write “I confess that according to the Way which they call a sect so I do NOT worship the God of my fathers and do NOT believe all things which are written in the Law...AND against the law of the Jews and against the temple have I offended”

No, because of Col 3:8.
haven’t see you post His Hebrew name at all...which Paul heard

No, because of Mk 10:19.
still failing Matt 23:3 as if He did NOT affirm the Sabbath was made for man...or instructed prayers a sabbatismos...in future times of trouble...

No, because of Rom 13:9.
you could have used Romans 7:7 but then you’d have to admit Paul delights in the Law verse 22 and keeps it “Thank Yah” verse 25 ...ALL of it as taught AND demonstrated Sabbath to Sabbath...and ”copy me as I copy Christ”...

Disclaimer: I fell into such sind (and may fall into them in the future), but I never said or thought it ok to do so.
no need...I play tennis...not to keep rules but because I love the game...I will never keep all of them every game but will keep trying...especially that “thou shalt serve an ACE” lol

Sadly you do not feel the need to keep all the rules...

Who is "He"? Do you hint at Jesus having committed any sin in the list you posted?
no no demonstrated their keeping not their NOT keeping...that was worded awkwardly on my part..

I do according to the NT, which is also the key to understand the OT spiritually.
no you don’t because the NT was taught and demonstrated by Him prior His death signing it with His blood and sealing it with His death NO changes after Testator is dead...none demonstrated the 40 days and 5 weekends He remained to teach...IS WHY they kept Sabbaths festivals and dietary restrictions in the NT

There is no single verse in the NT where Jesus taught to keep the sabbath.
which you accept...

“follow Me” is a good start...as in DO as He did...JUST AS and feel free to help me chase the money changers out while you are at it...AS HE DID

There is a word in Greek for what you do now, depending on translation it is "slandering" or "blaspheming".
what’s the one for counterfeiting? Love as He loved is NOT the love of the world...or from ourselves but AS HE LOVED US

My standard is the one who said

Mt 12:7 If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent.
The IRONY He said it on the Sabbath to those that accused FALSELY His disciples breaking it...so He told them NOT to condemn the innocent KEEPING the Sabbath...

He provided Mercy prior sacrifice...Mercy from the six days of work...

So, you certainly don't live in a house, since He choose to have no house of His own, Lk 9:58. Or are you a hypocrite that teaches other people to live AS HE DID (whith capitals, thus demanding every little detail to be identical), but do not live as He did in all points?

I'm certainly sure you will not be crucified as He was - you had the chance to go to ISIS territory to achieve this, you obviously didn't.

You draw a line between those aspects of Jesus' life you want to imitate and those you will not copy. I suppose you have good reasons for that that cannot be criticized. But then you should not rush forward to accuse those who draw the line in a somewhat different way (having scriptural reasons for this) that they do not follow Jesus.
oh my...resorting to this now?

nor do I cross the lake on a boat or ride a donkey...the Law being spiritual yes? Dealing with the spiritual matters?

That the world hate me will not be limited to ISIS

Did Paul also intend we get shipwrecked in his “copy my as I copy Christ?”

He did however admonish those that misrepresented Him His ways...as He did...and as did Peter and John

The "US" in your sentence are the Jews.
1/13th of the people who received it at Sinai...including those NOT of Jacob but the strangers within their gates REMEMBER?

I do not say Jesus altered the law (as to "customs", one may ask whether they meant orally traditions, which claimed to be from Mose but weren't), and (contrary to you) I also refute the view that He changed the scope of the law.
you then just counterfeit more sophistically than most...

A Jew calling the Israelites on Sinai "our" fathers (the "our" includes the people he speaks to!) is the proof that (future) Gentiles were included? What kind o9f logic is this?
Stephen knew already at Sinai there were those NOT of Jacob as easily as he knew Abraham was NOT a Jew but the Gentile He sought to find to make a Name for Himself...and to Moses also NOT A JEW...

Peter spoke about "remebering"?
a remembering that what was given at Sinai was to all those within their gates...even those NOT of Jacob were to eat CLEAN meats kept clean

Well, he cited the vision as a justification for eating with unclean Gentiles, a fact he did not deny. Read Acts 11 if you doubt that.
it was ONLY about fellowshipping with the “dirty goyim” now remembered as strangers within their gates...as in the Sabbath commandment the ONLY one including these “dirty goyim” made clean of course...

Peter never had the vision as about eating bacon or dog meat...or cat bat or wombat...

There is no word "Schweinwurst" - I understand your English better than your German.
Ja Ja...SchweinSwurst...good grief...and you think Him NOT as jealous of His ways...lol

And as to Blutwurst - do you want to contradict Acts 15:20?
does NOT apply to you as it is OT law or? Or maybe you are as James concluded to hear Moses every Sabbath after all...lol

So, what did Jesus say:

Mk 7:18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)
not only is the part in parenthesis ADDED by king Jimmy’s translators with an agenda

but you miss the deeper SPIRITUAL lesson...

Do you mean Paul differed from Jesus in that point?
not at all...as Jews...He Paul and Peter all understood that it is the circumcised heart that disallows the SchweinSwurst into der Mund...but the UNcircumcised heart readily shoves it and the Blutwurst into the pie hole...

For instance: it is NOT the needle injecting ink of the tattoo that makes one unclean but the fact that one planned what to get where to put it who to hire and how much...all that was DONE PRIOR the ink’s injection...by a heart already unclean...

Just like eyes see with Lust prior the adulterous act

Just like anger is in the heart prior the act of killing...

So NOTHING from the outside defiles a person it is a defiled person already that accepts the SchweinSwurst ins Mund...

No. Iconium, Lystra and Derbe were in Galatia, so the inhabitants were called "Galatians", but they were no Galatic-speaking people, hence no "Celtics". For comparison: You cannot call a person red Indian just because he is an American.
were that you were this particular about His ways His people...

They were Gauls speaking Gallic a Celtic people and had their own calendar and were returning to their ancestral ways is WHY Paul wrote them concerned...

So you should not judge others, judge and prove yourself. If you keep the Sabbath, that is OK, if another one doesn't, that is not your business.
prove his own work against His...and one going against the living oracles we were given should desire correction...thus carrying each other’s burdens...

NOT to misrepresent Him...

MENE TEKEL

is one who would seek to change both times and Law...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was given in a written form as that covenant then...it was orally transmitted prior...even to Adam
Read Romans 5:13,14...where it states that Sin was in the world before the law was given...

The law ( Sin & Death) was given through Moses..John 1:17

so what law were given before Sinai? It was the law that requires Faith ( Law of the Spirit), you can read that in Hebrews 11 where those from Abel, Enoch, Noah were following the law that requires Faith...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes because prior Sinai His people were allowed to:

Worship other gods
Make images and worship them
Blaspheme his name take it for naught
Rest every day any day
Dishonor parents
Kill
Commit adultery
Steal
Lie
Covet

certainly not...faith does not make void His Ways
No, prior to Sinai people were taught the good news or “ the message regarding Faith”.
The law (law of Sin & death) given in Sinai was added because of transgression and the Law cannot change a sinner to become righteous..Only Faith can, and the law is Not based on Faith..Galatians 3:12

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is Young's translation more accurate or are you just being obstinate?
I am not alone in finding it more accurate as again it is in line with the descriptive nature of the Law...of Him His character His kingdom and His people as MADE IN HIS IMAGE needs to be defined...not just imagined

All your accusations you made in post#551 seem to me as judging my character just because I don't see eye to eye with your beliefs.
wait wut? Which accusations to you personally your character...I described the cutting of the sword which separates His from well...NOT His...

What you write is very sad indeed.
not sure as to what you refer

We are this side of Heaven and do make mistakes.
indeed is WHY we need mercy and Grace and well the STANDARD as to what is and is NOT a mistake...and all of us need correction and reproof and repentance to RE-turn to Him His ways again...

There has to be an underlying reason you write as you do and I take that into consideration.
what is that? the concern time is running out and He will no longer WINK at our idolatries?

I love as my Savior has asked me
is the issue...NOT that you have love or that you are in complete error just "as my Savior has asked me" looks like a differing fruit than what is from the branches which remain NOT cut off for unbelief...

and I always try to forgive those who are rude and unwilling to consider what I believe and write.
again apologies if unnecessarily specific but this is the issue are we MORE like Him or less...

It is so easy to make negative remarks rather than have a profitable debate. Think about it friend.
so please list the negative remarks the accusations the personal judgement of character "the rude" which I have done...

or might this all be a false persecution which then is a blessing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, prior to Sinai people were taught the good news or “ the message regarding Faith”.
The law (law of Sin & death) given in Sinai was added because of transgression and the Law cannot change a sinner to become righteous..Only Faith can, and the law is Not based on Faith..Galatians 3:12

Cain learned killing his brother had consequences...they did great evil as to be washed away...but Enoch walked with Yah...Noah found favor...what is the standard to any of this?

What was the sin at Babel?

Abraham obeyed ALL MY COMMANDMENTS or did Yah lie?
Rachel sat on idols to hide them for a reason...
Joseph knew adultery was a sin not only to his master but Yah...

What was given at Sinai was LIVING ORACLES...do this and LIVE...It is NOT a Law of sin and death just as the U S Constitution is not...but break the Law and see what should happen...just like the traffic law is not about tickets and licenses revoked and cars impounded but that there is ORDER...of course when you break the traffic law well...

You are far away from David's "thy Law is a delight" oh and Paul too wrote the same...

Only faith can perfect...really? How many claim faith and still sin?

We are never sinless...but IN HIM at Judgement day we will be seen as...

but for now we are indeed to sin less

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cain learned killing his brother had consequences...they did great evil as to be washed away...but Enoch walked with Yah...Noah found favor...what is the standard to any of this?

What was the sin at Babel?

Abraham obeyed ALL MY COMMANDMENTS or did Yah lie?
Rachel sat on idols to hide them for a reason...
Joseph knew adultery was a sin not only to his master but Yah...

What was given at Sinai was LIVING ORACLES...do this and LIVE...It is NOT a Law of sin and death just as the U S Constitution is not...but break the Law and see what should happen...just like the traffic law is not about tickets and licenses revoked and cars impounded but that there is ORDER...of course when you break the traffic law well...

You are far away from David's "thy Law is a delight" oh and Paul too wrote the same...

Only faith can perfect...really? How many claim faith and still sin?

We are never sinless but IN HIM at Judgement day will be seen as...but for now we are indeed to sin less
It was Sin (seed of the devil) within Cain or us that prompted people to do evil..so also Christ ( seed of God) can turns a sinner to do righteous ie Enoch, Noah, Abraham etc All righteous people...

The commandments Abraham kept is the commandments regarding Faith...(1) Abraham believe God (2)Abraham Had Faith ( and Faith Is express through Love)...

All righteous people were declared righteous because of their Faith Not because of the law ( Law of Sin & death) given in Sinai...as scriptures states that “the law is Not based on Faith”...

under the Sinai covenant no one is declared righteous...so what is the point of giving a law that should bring life to people instead it brought death? Romans 7:13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
All righteous people were declared righteous because of their Faith Not because of the law ( Law of Sin & death) given in Sinai...as scriptures states that “the law is Not based on Faith”...

under the Sinai covenant no one is declared righteous...so what is the point of giving a law that should bring life to people instead it brought death? Romans 7:13

Luke 1:5-6 :)

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sorry Yeshua, you certainly have not made a case. The ten do not tell us to love. the word love is void from the commands. What we do with all of the commands tells the story of love. The nine commands as to how we are to treat our God and our fellow man is just the iceberg of the wrongs we can do. The greatest of all commands is the command to love. That is one that is not found in the ten. Love was the manna that kept them healthy and the clouds to keep them from scorching in the sun and for all mankind it is Jesus.

Of course they do, the first 4 love of God and the last 6 love of fellow man. Love fulfills the law so yes it does...

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was Sin (seed of the devil)
what does this even mean?

Was Eve full of the seed of the devil when she zealous to obey added to the Word her "do not touch" and deceived herself?

within Cain
Cain looked sad was encouraged to rule over sin but became enraged...no mention of seed of Satan...but given GRACE a mark so no one would in turn kill HIM...

or us that prompted people to do evil
again WHAT IS THE STANDARD OF EVIL? if you are FOR Him you are NOT against Him is easily understood...but what are we FOR and what are we AGAINST

so also Christ ( seed of God) can turns a sinner to do righteous ie Enoch, Noah, Abraham etc All righteous people...
righteous according to what if there be NO LAW until Sinai...

The commandments Abraham kept is the commandments regarding Faith...(1) Abraham believe God
SATAN believes Yah the demons knew He was the Son of Yah and trembled...and so what? They are still rebellious...adversaries

What does that LOOK LIKE? What lifestyle what behavior what character does that describe that Abraham had faith...and so what worshipped another god too? Made images to worship? Took His name in vain?

(2)Abraham Had Faith ( and Faith Is express through Love)...
so Abraham believed and had faith...so what? Any record of his getting drunk? Noah did...isn't that ok? Lot did too even with slept with his daughters...is this LOVE?

What does that even mean...I mean without the STANDARD NOT revealed before Sinai? The love of a pedophile? The love of pagans who also do not kill or steal or commit adultery or lie? Is that love...

All righteous people were declared righteous because of their Faith Not because of the law ( Law of Sin & death) given in Sinai
you COMPLETELY ignore not just Scripture but my post that it LIVING ORACLES...LAW OF LIBERTY and NOT a law of sin and death? BUT breaking it well then yes it becomes a ministration of death?

...as scriptures states that “the law is Not based on Faith”...
right BECAUSE Gal 3:12The law, however, is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The man who does these things will live by them.”

Romans 10:5
For concerning the righteousness that is by the Law, Moses writes: "The man who does these things will live by them."

Leviticus 18:5
Keep My statutes and My judgments, for the man who does these things will live by them. I am the LORD.

I you sure you understand what it means that the law is not based on faith?

under the Sinai covenant no one is declared righteous...
oh? NONE were justified you mean...but the keeping of the Law and repenting their sins was His Way for them...every day of atonement...every year...declared righteous

so what is the point of giving a law that should bring life to people instead it brought death? Romans 7:13

Romans 7:12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous, and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? Certainly not! But in order that sin might be exposed as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

Paul is still answering himself:

Romans 7:7What then shall we say? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed, I would not have been mindful of sin if not for the law. For I would not have been aware of coveting if the law had not said, “Do not covet.”

so for example if you sinned a little sin but did not know about it well you were condemned...so a little poison must be increased to have get you more sick to RID YOURSELF of it...or like a little burn to have you get your whole hand off the stove before its consumed...

so too does the LAW point out sin...and our need of Him His Grace... His salvation AND regeneration to OVERCOME that sin...and His Spirit to guide us OUT OF SIN...

nothing about seed of Satan in us...good grief...

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not the commandments under Sinai covenant in which No one is declare Righteous... Romans 3:20

Paul here writes clearly that no one is justified in keeping the law but once saved we keep the law unto righteousness...

Because faith does not cancel or make void the law...in fact we are to establish it too...to bring others to Him by teaching all to observe ALL He commanded...including all they taught from Moses' seat

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian